The stupid update is taking forever!!!!

#1 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

Is anyone else having this problem? I'd guess the servers are getting pounded at the moment. It might just be that my internet connection is crappy, but most people said it takes about 5 minutes, and mine currently says 82 minutes remaining (but it keeps jumping anywhere from 112 to 60 minutes), and my connection isn't that bad. Stupid servers!!!! I want to play mirrors edge for gods sake!!!!

#2 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I just downloaded it like 2 hours ago and it was pretty fast

#3 Edited by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

Maybe with America waking up around now and everyone turning on their xboxes it's slower now? Or maybe my internet connection just sucks that badly? I dunno. Either way I want it to HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!

Edity: the way the estimated time keeps changing so much makes me think it is the servers. Even if my connection does suck that badly the speed should still be fairly constant. I dunno.

#4 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

I got mine four hours ago. It took less than two minutes. *shrug*

#5 Posted by John (828 posts) -

It only took 8 minutes for me.

#6 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I just got mine and it took less than two minutes.

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

Well maybe it's just that my internet is on a slow day today. Either way it's starting to get really annoying.

#8 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

copper wires ftl. it took me 30 minutes

#9 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

i got it in 5 mins but i can't download any thing else.

#10 Posted by diz (918 posts) -

Has it finished yet?

Mine downloaded in 5 mins, but I do get "try later" messages when I access content.
#11 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I just downloaded this update just now. The download started at 11:47AM and finished at 11:52AM.

#12 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

did not take me more than 2 Minutes

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -
diz said:
"Has it finished yet?
Mine downloaded in 5 mins, but I do get "try later" messages when I access content.
"
Yeah, it finished after about an hour in the end.
#14 Posted by diz (918 posts) -

Hurrah for you! 

I think you'll find it was all worthwhile! its a good improvement.
I hope you've souped up your avatar!

The community (XNA) games content is a great new feature. You can't initally see all of them unless you view all games then filter by community games. It kind of makes up for Netflix.

#15 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

I updated it a few hours ago and literally the first 'system update found' then the actual update applying took a total of not even 2 minutes probably, dunno why yours took so long.

#16 Edited by Valestis (211 posts) -

I downloaded it about 4-5 hours ago and it took 2-3 minutes. So yeah, pretty fast. Kinda liking it so far. And I live in Finland (Europe) btw.

#17 Posted by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -

it took me 2 mins

#18 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It didn't take me that long and I have a crappy internet connection...though I did get in a day early.

#19 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

It took me no time at all.

#20 Posted by aceman67 (1 posts) -

I feel your pain, except I downloaded the NXE before it was released and have been with out LIVE for 2 weeks.

And its taking god awful ammounts of time, and i"m just over half done.

#21 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Mine took 2 minutes. I really like the interface.

#22 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Mine took 2 minutes. I really like the interface.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.