Xbox Live Won't Connect Before/After Update

#1 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Obviously, a lot of people are having this issue. There hasn't been any official word from Microsoft on the issue, nor their trusty blogger extraordinaire Major Nelson.

Has anyone found any workarounds or what the issue is? What does the error code mean?Any help for anyone out there would, as usual, be greatly appreciated...

...or just talk about how bonked the New-er Xbox Experience is.

*EDIT*

No sooner did I type all of that than I see this pop up on my Twitter feed:

Major Nelson: "Some Xbox LIVE members are getting a connection error when signing in to LIVE. We are aware of the issue and the team is working it!"

#2 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

Yeah, I got that. It fixed itself after about 20 minutes of me yelling obscenities at my xbox.

#3 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Alright! Downloading Epix!!!!!!

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I will let people know right now that there are guys here in the store playing on non-updated systems just fine on Live. I don't know how. They just are.

GoranP sent me a link on Twitter showing that Xbox.com says "yo, servers are fucked, dawg"...or something like that.

#5 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Ditto saw it after diving into Skyrim while listening to the bombcast, knew there's an update soon & went to go watch netflix but got the error message. Figured I'd just wait to morning to let them resolve it & pop in a dvd in the meantime.

#6 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Epix seems empty.

#7 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I don't know what the fuck an "Epix" is.

#8 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Seems like it only downloaded half the update. It gave me the new dash but now it says it needs to update to use the Kinect and it wont let me get on live. I'm guessing this is the exact issue everyone else is having? Just got home from work and haven't read the internetz at all.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
@punkxblaze

Yeah, I got that. It fixed itself after about 20 minutes of me yelling obscenities at my xbox.

Xbox: Fuck You
#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

I don't know what the fuck an "Epix" is.

I posted in the wrong thread. ;_; It's one of the apps. But I got disconnected from Live again. Same boat as you.

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I've got one of the Xbox stations...that already has the new update...downloading the update...

I am so damn confused right now. Is this Inception?

#12 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

I've got one of the Xbox stations...that already has the new update...downloading the update...

I am so damn confused right now. Is this Inception?

No, this is Memento. Have fun doing this again tomorrow.

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Hearing this and with the sdrvers being so loaded im waiting till morning

#14 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

I got my update earlier and everything was working fine, but now, scrolling through the tabs is slower than shit. Its like a 2-3 second delay before it moves..

#15 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I got disconnected again. Sighs.

#16 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1255 posts) -

Sammy Jenkin's Xbox wouldn't connect either.

Anyway, the update hasn't rolled out to my area but it connected fine earlier.

#17 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

I'm online, no issues yet..

Oh, offline now.

#18 Edited by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

I was having Live connection issues tonight before it ever downloaded the update. I finally got through and downloaded it, rebooted, and was greeted with another update that I can't get to download.

edit: at least it tells me what services are working. It told me to go to xbox.com/servicealerts when the main service wouldn't respond.

#19 Posted by JJOR64 (18908 posts) -

I can't even get online and get the update. DAMN YOU XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

Doesn't this sort of thing always happen when Microsoft rolls out a new dashboard update?

#21 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Doesn't this sort of thing always happen when Microsoft rolls out a new dashboard update?

What's funny is that they did a beta/preview program for it...per usual.

You think they would've figured this shit out after...6 years?

#22 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

@Hailinel said:

What's funny is that they did a beta/preview program for it...per usual.

You think they would've figured this shit out after...6 years?

How's that funny? The update isn't what's broken.
#23 Posted by Dethfish (3626 posts) -

i was on live earlier and it was working fine but I didn't get any dashboard update. So just now I turn on my 360 to see if i can get the update but now I can't sign into live. Sigh.

#24 Posted by Wafflekinz (1 posts) -

I wasn't even aware the update was coming. I was watching Netflix and in the middle of an episode, I get disconnected from Live and was told I needed to download the update. I did, and I got the new dashboard, but I still can't connect to Live :/ I hope this gets fixed SOON.

#25 Posted by XxThomasxX65 (1 posts) -

i hade this problem all you have to do is put your account on a usb stick for backup and then

sign out and recover your account then it resets it and you can just download game updates

again (your gamerscore wil not change and stuff like that )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.