I don't really care about Football, but this looks fun.

#1 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

Don't really care about sports, at all. Played a little Madden, found it kind of boring. This seems really fun though.

Is it worth dropping the $10-15 dollars on it (whatever it costs) if I really don't know anything about football?

#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

These type of games become very boring unless you're playing with friends or online. Jeff mentioned many times liking an older version better. I believe he even owns an arcade cabinet. 

From what I've watched, haven played, it seems to have some very fundamental skills that can be learned, but I noticed people having control problems. You know, meant to do this and did that.

#3 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

@allworkandlowpay said:

Don't really care about sports, at all. Played a little Madden, found it kind of boring. This seems really fun though.

Is it worth dropping the $10-15 dollars on it (whatever it costs) if I really don't know anything about football?

I'd say yes. It's so far removed from football that you don't need to know anything other than pass to the guy who's open when you're on offense and hit the guy before the ball gets to him on defense. Pro tip if you get the game: Use icon passing (in the options menu). Directional passing is true to the series but makes it a lot more difficult.

#4 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

I enjoy watching football. Football games have gotten to advanced for me. I don't want to know a hundred controls for both sides of the game. I might give this a shot. It looks like it could be fun and not a simulator like Madden has become.

#5 Posted by rmills87 (465 posts) -

I'm in the same boat as you, but have very fond memories of Blitz. I have not played NFL Blitz: The League, but when I heard that NFL Blitz was getting a remake of its old style, I couldn't wait for it. This is the perfect football game for a gamer who does not follow football that much, but wants a really cool competitive game for either playing friends online or completing challenges.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.