Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NFL Blitz

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 04, 2012

EA Tiburon's take on the NFL Blitz franchise attempts to bring back the hard-hitting, over-the-top, on-fire action of the original Midway arcade games to Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.

Is this game coming out in the UK? (360)

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Sambambo

Hey,

Been looking online for a while and can't find out whether or not this game is coming to the UK store (360). I know that it is out in the US, but there is no trace of it anywhere while looking on the xbox either!

Thanks.

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By adz117

According to the UK playstation blog it isn't http://blog.eu.playstation.com/ which totally sucks in every conceivable way.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By SerHulse

@adz117: *sigh*

EA better have a good explanation why, I always feel a little depressed when games don't come to Europe.

monkfishesq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By monkfishesq

I played the hell out of blitz on the PS1 as a kid even though I didn't know any of the rules. I couldn't give a toss about real sports. I just want to play this game. Why do you hate my money EA? EA were actually making a concious effort to claw back their tattered reputation and now they're just throwing it into the gutter again.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By boboblaw

Heres hoping its just out like next week or something here.

@MonkfishEsq said:

I played the hell out of blitz on the PS1 as a kid even though I didn't know any of the rules. I couldn't give a toss about real sports. I just want to play this game. Why do you hate my money EA? EA were actually making a concious effort to claw back their tattered reputation and now they're just throwing it into the gutter again.

Yeah I pretty much learned american football rules from Blitz on the Dreamcast.
    adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adz117

I'm just going to get an American pre paid card I think, as you know it's going to be months before we get it

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By niall_sg1

@adz117 said:

I'm just going to get an American pre paid card I think, as you know it's going to be months before we get it

Xboxs are region locked if I remember correctly.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spidergoat

Well this is what I don't understand, I can ostensibly buy it from xbox.com (i.e. the US site). Anyone got any experience on that front?

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By adz117

Sorry I meant get pre paid ps3 card.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By biggiedubs

For the Xbox guys, you can make a US account, go to www.gamepointsnow.com , buy a US points card, then just buy Blitz. I did it for Trenched, and it still works on your UK account for some reason. I think you have trouble matchmaking as it usually only does it region v region, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Sylinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Sylinder

GOD DAMN IT !

No Caption Provided
    Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spidergoat
    Sylinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Sylinder

I`m hoping this is a stupid, yet calculated launch tactic. Done to prevent the online part of the game doesn`t buckle and break under the extreme contidion of a world-wide release. As the online part is a huge part of the Blitz experience this time around.

If this is the case then it`s ingeniously and cunning piece of "Ass-Hole PR" move by EA.

Think about it and it (kind of) makes sense. When you release the game in North America and Canada it won`t be broken on release day like NBA Jam (the first one) due to the massive amount of players wanting to play online. So instead of going through all that shit again they now have a vast amount of europeans (and one asian) fuming on various forums about the game only being a US release and therefore creating free buzz around the game by basically saying. "Hey EA!, we want a taste of that new NFL drug all the americans are talking about!, Why is this only a US/Canada release?!" and then EA just strings us all along saying stuff like, and I qoute "There aren't any plans at this time to release the game in any other region but North America."

This will be released in europe at one stage, I`m sure of it. EA is just waiting for the right timing to "do the right thing" and release some press release saying something like "You wanted it, you begged for it and you know what, WE LISTENED, WE ALWAYS DO, here you go!, BUY IT and make us some more of that lovely lovely MOOLAH !!"

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By dandead

I can confirm that you can use an American account and pay with paypal and the game blocks and runs fine. Only disc games are region locked, not downloads.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By dandead

Blocks is unlocks BTW, stupid predictive text. :s

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By theodacourt

@dandead: Oh, I thought you were just talking about the football techniques!

I don't know why the game isn't coming to the rest of the world exactly, but a guess might be that none of the rest of the world gives a damn about American football. I know/We know Blitz is an arcadey game that's only tangentially related to actually A-Football, but not all gamers around the world are going to know/care so it won't sell nearly as well overseas and I can see the reasoning behind it. If it becomes a huge success and keeps a thriving online community then it would only be a matter of time anyway.

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By FoolInjection

You know what I'm actually pretty gutted by the news of this development myself. I actually thought that Blitz would be a boxed product like NBA Jam was but then I heard it was a download, thought "okay, points card"... then when I went looking for it the only listing is for NFL Tour which, from my recollection, was the biggest bunch of spanners out.

Why the F would they not release this worldwide. We got Madden, Backbreaker, NFL Tour... I don't get it.

It would be nice if someone at EA would come forward with a reason... but all people seem to be getting is the bog standard "We have no plans to release this game in any other region than North America"... and the only reason I can think of for it is the ladder style match up system that they have in place where you are ranked state-by-state in the US. Would it have been that hard to make it country-by-country for the EU?

You know what, to be honest, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about this game. EA are the biggest jerk company going at the moment I think... I shouldn't have known better than to look forward to a release from them.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AMyggen

This just seems utterly pointless. How much could it cost EA to release this game, a downloadable only game, in Europe? What makes this move especially dickish is the fact that they pretty much buried this information until the game was released. And isn't the NFL trying to market the sport in Europe these days? This doesn't really make sense.

san_salvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By san_salvador

Yesterday I downloaded the demo here in Austria via a US account - works perfectly fine, even when I am logged in to my original EU account.

I would really like to know, if you could also play online using that method. The game seems to be good fun, but I don't want to invest 1200 US points just to find out online does not work.

Has anyone tried that yet?

hojufixter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By hojufixter

Pretty disappointed that this won't make it to Australia either, especially with the Super Bowl coming up

c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c0kemusheen

That's a shame, from what I understand American football games fair rather well in Europe, not as good as in the US but good enough. Does anybody know the logic behind region lock consoles, i've always wondered but I haven't been able to come up with a solution. I mean the PS3 does alright and it doesn't have any region locking (to my knowledge)

soybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By soybob

@san_salvador: I'm from the UK and I bought this off the US marketplace using PayPal. You can play online just fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.