NHL 09 Released today!

#1 Posted by NateDogg (465 posts) -

In Ottawa, ON at least... But only at the EB Games in the Rideau Centre. The dude working said the shipment will come in later this afternoon and should be available in the PM. The clerk there said the other EB's wouldn't be getting it unil tomorrow while most stores won't have it until Thursday..

Crazy! Time to use my government sick days :D

#2 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1564 posts) -

Ya I am down here in buffalo they're not getting it till noon tommarow

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Wait a sec...This game is already coming out!? I thought it was still a week or two away.

#4 Posted by NateDogg (465 posts) -

Yea I was expecting it to be out tomorrow.. So i was going to pre order today just in case but turns out they were getting it today.

I have a copy in my 360 right now! :)

#5 Posted by elbow (368 posts) -

GRR!!!!

Sens fan!!!

#6 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1564 posts) -

kush you might be thinking of the pc version thats not out till next month
elbow could be worse he could be a leafs fan
I called the local game stop here in buffalo and they said they always get short changed in copys they sold out the first shipment already

#7 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1564 posts) -

forgot to mention ign gave it a 9.0, which is good if you trust ign......

See that madden see what happens when you do something diffrent each year

#8 Posted by Homes (334 posts) -

Picked up my copy today.

#9 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -

Pro mode is awesome and really fun. I can totally see myself playing that for a long time. Longer than other NHL games before this one.

And the hockey card is awesome, you can totally take a picture and upload it to your card. Its useless but i find it really fun!

#10 Edited by Dizzyhippos (1564 posts) -

Gonna say it

SPORTS GAME OF THE YEAR even though the fighting is kinda fail

also if they sold the sound track I would buy it

also if your waiting for the pc version next month its being made by a different studio

#11 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -

I really don't see how any other sports game coulb beat this one indeed. It's one hell of a package.

#12 Posted by ProfessorEss (7513 posts) -

Can't wait. Out with the old, in with the new. Hoping to pick up our work copy today.

It better be good cause 08 has left some big shoes to fill.

#13 Edited by Za3r0 (100 posts) -

is there online(website) leaderboards? i checked the ea website but i couldn't find anything. i could just be blind

#14 Posted by Zirilius (727 posts) -

I can't wait to pick this up. Missed out on 08 and by the time I went looking for it 09 was about 3 months away. Hope leagues are as good as what I read they were last year.

#15 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

Just picked up last night sept 11, supposed to be released on the 12th here. there were plenty of copies for the xbox 360 and ps3 at Walmart SuperCenter in Airdrie, AB.

#16 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -

There are reports of bugs on the xbox 360 version, crashes and whatnot is that true?

My ps3 version works great though.

#17 Edited by Za3r0 (100 posts) -

i won't have mine for a couple days. how are the goalie controls? i may have to try goalie because i believe they are in demand on teams.

#18 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -
demonbear said:
"There are reports of bugs on the xbox 360 version, crashes and whatnot is that true?

My ps3 version works great though."

so far no bugs the camera can get a little choppy when zoomed up close on your player but thats about it.
#19 Posted by ComixZone (93 posts) -

the game can crash, but all you have to do is clear your cahce  (go to your hd on the dashboard, press Y, then press x, x, lb, rb, x, x) and it solves all the problems.

#20 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1564 posts) -
Za3r0 said:
"i won't have mine for a couple days. how are the goalie controls? i may have to try goalie because i believe they are in demand on teams."
Goalie control's are ok still not as good as 2k's which is kinda sad because those haven't changed in a long while

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.