WOW NHL 09 is excellent!

#1 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

Graphics look the best ever in a hockey game and the gameplay is awesome and i really like the new controls, they take a bit of getting used to but the animations are so good and everything is just right. it feels more real than ever

#2 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

dats good good to see EA not settling for just a re-vamped game of last year.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

NHL were always great sports games, glad to hear I may pick this one up.

#4 Posted by 100 (526 posts) -

I'm not a big NHL fan, but I may rent this game and see how it is.

#5 Posted by Big_D (169 posts) -

Really can't get into the controls. gotta play with it a bit more though.

#6 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

never really liked hockey so ive avoided any hockey games. so its another one i wont play.

#7 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I'm not an NHL fan but this game does look fun. The career mode looks better then most sports game career modes.

#8 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -

How are the New York Rangers on NHL 2009?

#9 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

these are the best hockey graphics i have ever seen. the animations a very fluid and well done. i think the ai is great. the all-pro mode is awesome too, i like just maintainin one position. 

#10 Posted by blue74 (169 posts) -

ahhh a thread full of canadians

#11 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

I hear the controls are brutal, but I haven't played it yet so I can't comment. I hope I like it as much as I did 08.

#12 Posted by brew (47 posts) -

What teams can you play with in the demo ?

#13 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
Subway said:
"I hear the controls are brutal, but I haven't played it yet so I can't comment. I hope I like it as much as I did 08."
they are very wierd at first, of course you can always choose classic controls if you like so nobody should be complaining about that. 
the thing about them is you gotta get a feel for them. you'll make a lot of mistakes for a while. its like SKATE. 
#14 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

Im sorry, you DO know this is the exact same graphics engine than NHL08 and the control is, with a couple of additions, the exact same as NHL08 too right?

don't get me wrong here, NHL09 will rule, but not for the reasons mentionned by the OP. It'll rule for its online components and the PRO mode.

Sports MMO guys. It's finally here!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.