Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 10

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

The 19th installment of EA Sports' long running series, NHL 10 brings a new degree of toughness through one-on-one battle refinements and a new board physics engine, as well as various EA Sports Hockey League adjustments.

Even shitty bands can make a good song

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By PJ

I have been playing alot of NHL 10 this past month and as you should know, there are some songs in the game while your in the menus. Before the game was out I saw that Nickelback had a song in it called "Burn It To The Ground" and just like probebly 99.9% of the world I thought "fuck, they are putting a shitty band like Nickelback into NHL 10".

But now that I've heard it the song is actually pretty good. Not great mind you, just good. So aparently even Nickelback can make a good song, even if by accident.

And for the record, the rest of Nickelbacks songs are pure shit in my ears.

Now I'm a guy the listens to a wide range of music but mostly to rock in all its forms. Just so you can understand my musical taste a but better, one of my favorite bands is Billy Talent ever since I heard When I Was a Little Girl back when they were called Pezz and all albums after Watoosh! and the name change have been absolutly amazing IMO.

Here's Nickleback - Burn It To The Ground if you haven't heard it.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By PJ

I have been playing alot of NHL 10 this past month and as you should know, there are some songs in the game while your in the menus. Before the game was out I saw that Nickelback had a song in it called "Burn It To The Ground" and just like probebly 99.9% of the world I thought "fuck, they are putting a shitty band like Nickelback into NHL 10".

But now that I've heard it the song is actually pretty good. Not great mind you, just good. So aparently even Nickelback can make a good song, even if by accident.

And for the record, the rest of Nickelbacks songs are pure shit in my ears.

Now I'm a guy the listens to a wide range of music but mostly to rock in all its forms. Just so you can understand my musical taste a but better, one of my favorite bands is Billy Talent ever since I heard When I Was a Little Girl back when they were called Pezz and all albums after Watoosh! and the name change have been absolutly amazing IMO.

Here's Nickleback - Burn It To The Ground if you haven't heard it.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pinkshley1

nickelback sux

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I don't know why Nickelback gets so much shit... there are alot of other bands that are FAR worse (greenday).  I think alot of there songs are pretty good, and while they may be a bit generic, they dont suck and there is atleast one of these songs on all of their albums. 

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002
    @MAN_FLANNEL: Personally, I think green day take nickleback to town and back. Green Day are SO MUCH better.

Also to the OP: I'm seeing billy talent next month. :D:D! And from the Watoosh album, Nita makes me LOL. Its awesome though.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cube

It has to do with the fact that Nickelback is Canadian. That's probably why they're in the game.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ArchScabby
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" I don't know why Nickelback gets so much shit... there are alot of other bands that are FAR worse (greenday).  I think alot of there songs are pretty good, and while they may be a bit generic, they dont suck and there is atleast one of these songs on all of their albums.  "

They suck because their music is the most generic boring shit that you can listen to.  There might be bands that are worse at writing music or playing, but Nickelback is soooo uninspired and boring.  I listen  to a Nickelback song and think, "I never want to listen to music ever again."  (I also don't like greenday too, but I can respect them as musicians, even if personally they are kinda assholes)

Edit:  Also that Nickelback song was really bad.  I have no idea what you're talking about saying it's good.
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikeeegeee

I was feeling nauseous because of this hangover. Didn't think I was gonna yak. But this god damned thread put me over the edge.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @Tylea002 said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL: Personally, I think green day take nickleback to town and back. Green Day are SO MUCH better.  Also to the OP: I'm seeing billy talent next month. :D:D! And from the Watoosh album, Nita makes me LOL. Its awesome though. "
    Greenday (or as i and most people call them Gayday) are horrible.  They are emo and give a bad name to rock.  8 year olds like the Jonas brothers, 14 year olds that wear girl jeans and eyeliner like Greenday. 
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PureRok

I think most of the music in NHL10 sucks, so...

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " I don't know why Nickelback gets so much shit... there are alot of other bands that are FAR worse (greenday).  I think alot of there songs are pretty good, and while they may be a bit generic, they dont suck and there is atleast one of these songs on all of their albums.  "
    They suck because their music is the most generic boring shit that you can listen to.  There might be bands that are worse at writing music or playing, but Nickelback is soooo uninspired and boring.  I listen  to a Nickelback song and think, "I never want to listen to music ever again."  (I also don't like greenday too, but I can respect them as musicians, even if personally they are kinda assholes) "
    you could argue this for any band.  And there is not ONE punk rock song that is better than the video this guy posted. 
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By skrutop

You know, despite being totally generic in every way, I don't really mind Nickelback that much.  I'd never go see them or anything, but they don't really bother me in any way.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    They suck because their music is the most generic boring shit that you can listen to.  There might be bands that are worse at writing music or playing, but Nickelback is soooo uninspired and boring.  I listen  to a Nickelback song and think, "I never want to listen to music ever again."  (I also don't like greenday too, but I can respect them as musicians, even if personally they are kinda assholes) "
    you could argue this for any band.  And there is not ONE punk rock song that is better than the video this guy posted.  "
    Hurray for thinking your musical taste is the only one that matters...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm a pure Metalhead and I hated Nickleback, but after seeing them play this I have a ton more respect. 

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RipTheVeins

Hey, at least he wasn't paying compliments to BrokeNCYDE.  A piece of my soul died the day I over-heard a discussion in my class that was about how awesome and revolutionary they are.  At least Nickleback represents something some might call "music," albeit generic, uninspired, and totally boring "music."

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArchScabby
    @MAN_FLANNEL: Sorry I think this proves you wrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RipTheVeins said:
    " Hey, at least he wasn't paying compliments to BrokeNCYDE.  A piece of my soul died the day I over-heard a discussion in my class that was about how awesome and revolutionary they are.  At least Nickleback represents something some might call "music," albeit generic, uninspired, and totally boring "music." "
    Those people in your class need to be thrown off a cliff along with BrokeNCYDE.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @RipTheVeins said:
    " Hey, at least he wasn't paying compliments to BrokeNCYDE.  A piece of my soul died the day I over-heard a discussion in my class that was about how awesome and revolutionary they are.  At least Nickleback represents something some might call "music," albeit generic, uninspired, and totally boring "music." "
    Those people in your class need to be thrown off a cliff along with BrokeNCYDE. "
    hopefully though they won't die from the fall, and they have to just lay there slowly dying for days while small birds peck away at them.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CL60
    @ArchScabby said:

" @Bucketdeth said:

" @RipTheVeins said:
    Those people in your class need to be thrown off a cliff along with BrokeNCYDE. "
    hopefully though they won't die from the fall, and they have to just lay there slowly dying for days while small birds peck away at them. "

These guys are amazing! WHAT YOU TALKIN' BOUT!?
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArchScabby
    @CL60: You know what annoys me most about that video?  Why in the hell of all hells is he wearing a short sleeve zip up hoodie?
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PureRok
    @CL60: Every time someone posts that video I'm forced to at least watch a few seconds of it... it's like looking at a car crash or a train wreck...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60: That video is so amazing, I love it beyond words.
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Druminator
    @mikeeegeee: lol! yea this is not good even for nickelbag.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By subject2change
    @CL60 said:

These guys are amazing! WHAT YOU TALKIN' BOUT!? 

If you link it, I will watch it. Its fucking hilarious.

Also saw Billy Talent with Rancid and Rise Against a few months ago.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BigBoss1911

We got any Nickelback fans here in PORTUGAL!!  

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RipTheVeins
    @CL60 said:

" @ArchScabby said:

" @Bucketdeth said:

" @RipTheVeins said:
    hopefully though they won't die from the fall, and they have to just lay there slowly dying for days while small birds peck away at them. "

These guys are amazing! WHAT YOU TALKIN' BOUT!? "
    Yes, Yes, and sarcasm and BrokeNCYDE are not even funny >:o 

God, I'd rather listen to the audio track of my Gma being raped than listen to that song again...Ugh. Happy now? I just puked a little.
    captainawesomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By captainawesomo

Up until 5 minutes ago I had no idea who BrokeNCYDE was. Now, after having seen that video in its entirety I can say that my quality of life has indeed degraded beyond repair, and I truly believe, however painful it may be to acknowledge, that Rock.....truly is dead.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By NateDogg

Same, I don't get the hate. I don't mind them but at the same time I don't like them. 

Just another rock band to me. Even if it is "generic" it sounds OKAY and doesn't make my ears bleed ruby red which is the main issue right? 

I also liked their Mcdonalds bit on youtube... bahahahah

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PJ
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @Tylea002 said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL: Personally, I think green day take nickleback to town and back. Green Day are SO MUCH better.  Also to the OP: I'm seeing billy talent next month. :D:D! And from the Watoosh album, Nita makes me LOL. Its awesome though. "
    Greenday (or as i and most people call them Gayday) are horrible.  They are emo and give a bad name to rock.  8 year olds like the Jonas brothers, 14 year olds that wear girl jeans and eyeliner like Greenday.  "
    Have you even heard Dookie or any other album by green day up to Warning? No, didnt think so. American Idot and 21st century... what ever the fuck its named are shit but anything from warning and back are pretty fucking awesome
    Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#29  Edited By Atlas

Did someone in this thread really say Nickelback were better than Green Day. What the fuck? I'm no Green Day fan, but I can think of at least six good songs from them, and there are no good Nickelback songs. Dookie is basically a modern classic. 

Sure, shitty bands can have one good song in them, but that in no way means they're not shitty. Besides, shitty is a hugely subjective term. Obviously there are tons on people who like Nickelback, and Katy Perry, and The Jonas Brothers. Sure, all of them are very bad people, but they do exist. Although, if I ruled the world, buying a Nickelback CD would be a crime punishable by two years in prison.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Atlas said:
    " Did someone in this thread really say Nickelback were worse than Green Day. What the fuck? I'm no Green Day fan, but I can think of at least six good songs from them, and there are no good Nickelback songs. Dookie is basically a modern classic. "
    I don't get it. It sounds like you agree that Nickelback is worse.
    Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By Atlas

@Kamasama: Sorry, I fucked up. Should have been "Nickelback were better than Green Day". I'm sure that was really confusing to read.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pause422
    @Bucketdeth said:

" I'm a pure Metalhead and I hated Nickleback, but after seeing them play this I have a ton more respect. 

"
    Yeah...something like that to me makes it even worse. Such a complete and utter shit band, doing a cover of a good song, it just shouldnt happen.
    Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Tally_Pants
    @PJ said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @Tylea002 said:
    Greenday (or as i and most people call them Gayday) are horrible.  They are emo and give a bad name to rock.  8 year olds like the Jonas brothers, 14 year olds that wear girl jeans and eyeliner like Greenday.  "
    Have you even heard Dookie or any other album by green day up to Warning? No, didnt think so. American Idot and 21st century... what ever the fuck its named are shit but anything from warning and back are pretty fucking awesome "
    If all you know is 2009 MTV Green Day then yes... HORRIBLE!! 
    but back in the 90s they had a few amazing albums.. Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod. I still listen to those albums front to back! 
    this was before they wore eye liner and all dyed there hair black...and wore tight black jeans with tight black shirts

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.