Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 10

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

The 19th installment of EA Sports' long running series, NHL 10 brings a new degree of toughness through one-on-one battle refinements and a new board physics engine, as well as various EA Sports Hockey League adjustments.

How do you turn off Instant Replays in NHL games?

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

Edited By delta_ass

Well, I just went and bought NHL 10. Why 10, you ask, and not NHL 11 or 12? Well fuck me, I gotta admit... I'm a cheap ass bastard. And seeing as how I've never really played sports games before, I could give a rat's ass about the roster changes and subtle improvements in 11 or 12. NHL 10 looked really cheap so that's why I snagged it. That's the only reason why, I don't want to spend a lot of money. But uh, I did want to try out a hockey game and the NHL series has always gotten pretty good reviews, so why not.

The only real problems I've run into are: 1) face offs are an absolute bitch. They seem incredibly difficult to win, for some reason. You just snap back the right analog stick when the ref drops the puck, right? That's all you really have to do, and yet it always seems to go to the other team! It's infuriating is what it is, and I just don't know what the trick is. I've won in a few rare instances, so maybe you just need to snap it at the precise nanosecond that you see the ref drop the black pixel. It's hard, man. I dunno why they made it that hard, but it's not fun. And yes, I am playing on Rookie difficulty, I'm not an idiot after all this is my first NHL game ever.

And 2) The game doesn't seem to have any way to turn off the damn stupid Instant Replays. I mean, I get that some fans might like this, it feels like you're watching a real NHL game on TV where they'll show instant replays during slow moments in the game. So right after a goal, they'll show the replay of the goal from multiple angles. Or if a goalie saves a puck, you'll see the replay of the save and then you'll see the goalie looking up at the giant jumbotron. It makes it feel like a televised event. But the thing is... I don't want that at all. If I want to watch an NHL game, I'll want an NHL game. I'm here to PLAY hockey, so I don't need all that razz matazz. It's just empty filler that wastes time and prevents me from actually playing the game. You'll play for a bit, watch for a bit, play for a bit, watch for a bit. I don't need that pause in between plays, just let me play the game.

And there doesn't seem to be any setting in Options that turns off all these Replays. I mean, you can just hit the A button when the Replay pops up to skip it, but that gets old after a while. I don't want to keep hitting the A button over and over and over again, I just don't want them there, at all. At all. Just lemme turn em off forever. FOR-EVER. FOR-FUCKING-EVER.

But so far, no dice. No uh, no salvation for me. The game has settings for basically every facet of the sport, except this one. It's baffling. Maybe I haven't found it yet, I dunno.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By delta_ass

Well, I just went and bought NHL 10. Why 10, you ask, and not NHL 11 or 12? Well fuck me, I gotta admit... I'm a cheap ass bastard. And seeing as how I've never really played sports games before, I could give a rat's ass about the roster changes and subtle improvements in 11 or 12. NHL 10 looked really cheap so that's why I snagged it. That's the only reason why, I don't want to spend a lot of money. But uh, I did want to try out a hockey game and the NHL series has always gotten pretty good reviews, so why not.

The only real problems I've run into are: 1) face offs are an absolute bitch. They seem incredibly difficult to win, for some reason. You just snap back the right analog stick when the ref drops the puck, right? That's all you really have to do, and yet it always seems to go to the other team! It's infuriating is what it is, and I just don't know what the trick is. I've won in a few rare instances, so maybe you just need to snap it at the precise nanosecond that you see the ref drop the black pixel. It's hard, man. I dunno why they made it that hard, but it's not fun. And yes, I am playing on Rookie difficulty, I'm not an idiot after all this is my first NHL game ever.

And 2) The game doesn't seem to have any way to turn off the damn stupid Instant Replays. I mean, I get that some fans might like this, it feels like you're watching a real NHL game on TV where they'll show instant replays during slow moments in the game. So right after a goal, they'll show the replay of the goal from multiple angles. Or if a goalie saves a puck, you'll see the replay of the save and then you'll see the goalie looking up at the giant jumbotron. It makes it feel like a televised event. But the thing is... I don't want that at all. If I want to watch an NHL game, I'll want an NHL game. I'm here to PLAY hockey, so I don't need all that razz matazz. It's just empty filler that wastes time and prevents me from actually playing the game. You'll play for a bit, watch for a bit, play for a bit, watch for a bit. I don't need that pause in between plays, just let me play the game.

And there doesn't seem to be any setting in Options that turns off all these Replays. I mean, you can just hit the A button when the Replay pops up to skip it, but that gets old after a while. I don't want to keep hitting the A button over and over and over again, I just don't want them there, at all. At all. Just lemme turn em off forever. FOR-EVER. FOR-FUCKING-EVER.

But so far, no dice. No uh, no salvation for me. The game has settings for basically every facet of the sport, except this one. It's baffling. Maybe I haven't found it yet, I dunno.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

Search as you might, there is no way to turn off replays. Most NHL game players mash the 'A' button between plays. Usually stops the replays dead in their tracks.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By delta_ass
    @Suicrat said:

Search as you might, there is no way to turn off replays. Most NHL game players mash the 'A' button between plays. Usually stops the replays dead in their tracks.

Right. I guess I'm just not much of a masher. Well, I did figure out how to win face offs more often, so that's something. it's improvement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.