Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 10

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

The 19th installment of EA Sports' long running series, NHL 10 brings a new degree of toughness through one-on-one battle refinements and a new board physics engine, as well as various EA Sports Hockey League adjustments.

Quick Question on Rosters

shinyd3mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By shinyd3mon

So I've been playing Be A Pro mode since release, and I just realized (about 55 games in the season) that I now have Patrick Sharp on my line. Well, that's great, but I'm playing for the Penguins, and I'd rather not have Patrick Sharp on my team, let alone my line. It was weird, because it alerted me when there was a trade previously in the season (Mike Rupp <---> Lawrence Nycholat), and I'm positive it wasn't in the roster update that I downloaded because the Penguins never traded for Patrick Sharp!!

Is it possible to access any form of player movement in Be A Pro mode, whether it is Team-Team trading, or merely editing lines? Do I have to wait until I'm on the 1st line (currently on 2nd), or what?

Also, on an unrelated topic, I'm getting sick of having my defense and winger pass it back and forth for like 5 minutes in the offensive zone before taking a shot at the net. What is the deal with that? Was this an issue in recent NHL games (I haven't played an EA Sports NHL game since 2002)?

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

First issue, no you can't import updated rosters into Be a Player, because that would delete your player.

Second issue, if you want your teammates to pass it, tap the right bumper, that's the "call for shot" button, after all.

shinyd3mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shinyd3mon
    @Suicrat: Thanks for the help, but you were pretty well completely wrong with both of your answers.

I'll simplify them for anybody who can help me in the future:

Q1. In Be A Pro mode, is there a way to trade players from your between your team and another? Is it even possible to edit your team's lines, ie. move a player from Line 1 to Line 3, or anything like that? Or is all of this only available in GM Mode?

And for Q2, I was talking about  watching the play sitting on the bench waiting for my stamina to go back up, not being on the ice with them. I obviously would call for a pass if they were handling it for too long, although I pretty much control the puck the whole time when I'm out there. Is it just the AI's tendency (ie. how they were programmed) to move it back and forth over and over and over between the D and LW or RW? It's frustrating watching them do this while I'm resting for nearly an entire Powerplay when I'm down one or more goals.. urg. 

I didn't even need an answer for Q2, it was just a general comment. 
    Q1, anybody?
    Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Suicrat

In Be a Pro mode, the only thing you have control over is your pro, you can't edit lines, or change the roster in any other way.

As for the AI passing too much, I don't notice it happening that often with the Worcester Sharks, they're usually pretty quick to shoot. Maybe it was a glitch, or the AI for the defencemen on your team are predisposed to passing. I don't know. But if you find yourself having to sit out entire powerplays, you should take shorter shifts so you can get back out there faster. You'll find you'll get more minutes with a lot of short shifts than you will with a smaller number of longer shifts.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I'll second that answer, you have no roster control in Be A Pro other than your own player. This is why I'm on the top line of the Capitals and paired with a 76 rated winger, while Alexander Ovechkin sits on the 2nd line...ugh...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.