Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 12

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 13, 2011

The 20th annual installment of EA Sports hockey, featuring the Winter Classic and an expanded physics engine.

Is anyone else horrible at this game?

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mike512

I play on pro and lose like 7-0 and I play on casual and lose like 4-0. Every time I get the puck I have to one-time it cause I have no time to do anything cause I'm getting destroyed so much and they're taking the puck away instantly. And every time I pass (even though I aim for my guys with the left stick) it almost always goes to the guys on the other team. It's as if I'm passing to them. This game kinda sucks and when Gears comes out next week I'll probably never go back to this franchise again. At its core it seems like a fun game but I don't know what the hell is wrong so I'm just gonna give up on this series forever.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Disengage

Are you playing online or offline?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By scarace360

nope. maybe its because i play on a team of 5 with friends.

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mike512

@Disengage said:

Are you playing online or offline?

Offline.

vinnylegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By vinnylegs

Is this your first NHL? I don't have the game yet but I played the demo and had no problems just like previous NHL's.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By A Likely Story

It sounds like this is either your first NHL game or you don't know anything about the game of hockey (or the most likely scenario, both). Sports games have rather specific audiences.

If you're not interested in the sport or don't know how to play it then of course it's going to be tough, so you can either learn to play or not buy an NHL game again (don't even know what possessed you to pick it up in the first place). The game does not suck just because you're terrible at it, though.

jeff4moso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By jeff4moso

@Mike512: The game is awesome! My guess is that your problem with passing is that you are just tapping the pass button. If you do that, all of your passes will be very light passes and probably intercepted. You have to hold the pass button and then release to do a "hard" pass. This is the default and I think that you can turn this feature off if you want to just tap the pass button.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty

This game is too realistic for me.

No Caption Provided
    Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mike512

@Hobbies said:

It sounds like this is either your first NHL game or you don't know anything about the game of hockey (or the most likely scenario, both).

It's not either actually, lol. I've been a hockey fan for about 10-years now and I've owned NHL 2001 and I think NHL 2004 and now '12. And I didn't own it but I played a ton of NHL 09.

vinnylegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vinnylegs

Well my tip for 12 would be don't try and skate around the defence and dangle and don't use long passes unless your player is wide open. Use dump and chase and short passes. The AI is deff improved over 9,10,11. Before you could manual deke the D every time now you can't. It's alot more fun IMO.

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mike512

@chicubs223420 said:

@Mike512: The game is awesome! My guess is that your problem with passing is that you are just tapping the pass button. If you do that, all of your passes will be very light passes and probably intercepted. You have to hold the pass button and then release to do a "hard" pass. This is the default and I think that you can turn this feature off if you want to just tap the pass button.

Well your advice has definitely helped cause I've won two games in a row now and all my passes aren't being intercepted anymore.

jeff4moso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By jeff4moso

@Mike512: Glad I could help.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By matti00

@Sooty said:

This game is too realistic for me.

No Caption Provided

I had this happen to me playing as a Be a Pro Goalie. To be honest, I was a bit annoyed I didn't get an interference call.

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By MajorToms

I played the shit out of NHL 09, but I didn't play any NHL 10. When I started playing NHL 11 I was kind of annoyed that they moved the saucer pass to RB (so annoying) so that you could do "Hard passes". I quote hard passes because it doesn't matter how hard you make the pass it still gets intercepted 9 times out of 10. This is actually supposed to be a realistic sim, yet 90% of the players would never intercept the puck more than 20 times a season, let alone 20 times a game. At most, they would deflect the puck away from the intended pass receiver, not take the puck away so cleanly.

My hockey background and knowledge doesn't just come from watching/playing on my TV, but playing in real life for the past 17 years. Pucks are almost never intercepted to the degree that they are in NHL 11 and NHL 12. It's really annoying knowing this and getting intercepted. I understand you can turn the interceptions meter down, but have you looked at it in the options? It's set really low already and bringing it down doesn't really help much.. Something always seems way off when it comes to EA Hockey games. Also, checking the goalie? I have no respect for EA at this point. I was really hoping for a new 2K installment, but they seem to be dumbfounded by EA's success as much as me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.