EA's response to the hercules check glitch

#1 Posted by Thoseposers (791 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of game glitches because they almost always have hilarious results. For example, the latest NHL game released by EA has a bug where if you hip check a player while the door is opening at your team's bench the checked player will go flying. To make things even better, EA has felt the need to actually comment about this glitch.

I'm not sure if i've ever seen a game company use something like this for an ad but holy shit is it hilarious. Are there any other times this has happened and a company actually uses a bug for advertising? cause i'd love to see it. And to go even further, what are some of your guys' most favorite game freakouts you've ever seen?

#2 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

Thats pretty good, I enjoy funny glitches. If you were serious about the game I could see how it would be annoying though, hopefully they fix it. Also, hopefully afterwords they have an option in the menu to re-enable it.

#3 Posted by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

Holy fucking christ! EA actually doing some good PR! I didn't think i'd see that again from them.

#4 Posted by Zella (836 posts) -

That's really awesome, embracing stuff like that is always cool.

#5 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1843 posts) -

you know when /v/ actually likes this your doing something right EA

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

this is awesome. they should have a game mode where all of the checks are like that

#7 Posted by dulmonkey (78 posts) -

They (EA) did the exact same thing with a Tiger Woods game a few years back. There was a bug that allowed you to hit the ball while standing on water. When people complained, EA put out a video of Tiger walking out onto water and hitting a ball.

#8 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I hope they keep that in the game. My god, that's a God Hand-level of insanity.

#9 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -

Weird, they're actually having fun making this sports game. I thought those developers didn't do that.

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5371 posts) -

I remember watching a video of some dudes head spinning around when Fallout New Vegas came out. I near shit my pants watching that shit.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

Perfect. That PR team deserves a raise.

#12 Posted by yinstarrunner (1243 posts) -

Always good to see a company embrace their products, warts and all, instead of constantly parroting that it's perfect in everyway. Honesty is a great policy, and this is one of the only times we're going to see it from EA.

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

That's pretty good. Now I wish there were Skyrim commercials featuring that glitch with the giants.

#14 Posted by Redbullet685 (6090 posts) -

That was amazing.

@JasonR86 said:

That PR team deserves a raise.

That they do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.