Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 14

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 10, 2013

The 22nd installment in the EA Sports NHL franchise.

AI in NHL 14's GM Mode

alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By alcamin

It's been a few years since I last picked up one of the NHL games and I've been thinking that it's about time to invest in a new copy. The last title I owned was NHL 11, and while I got a lot of use and enjoyment out of it, there were issues that I'm hoping have been address in the games since. In this case, I'm referring to some of the AI issues surrounding the Be a GM mode, particularly outside of the matches (which I rarely had any problems with). Trading, for example, was always much more effort than it should have been. During one season I played through recently, there was a grand total of 6 trades throughout the entire league, including post season, 3 of which were mine (and used more as a way of trying to stir things up a bit (with no luck)). Ridiculous! That along with weird quirks, such as all of opposing teams mysteriously swapping their main goal tenders with their AHL counterparts after a few seasons, made the whole thing ring a little hollow. Eventually it was pointless to continue, which meant I never got past the 4th season.

My question is whether these and similar problems have been addressed by now in NHL 14 or have they yet to be addressed? This is the mode that I will, most likely, be spending most of my time with so it would be useful to know how it feels before I buy the game. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.