Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

Battle Theme Preference? (A.K.A. Let's Talk Ni no Kuni's Music)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cbe47ca3b
    deactivated-5a98cbe47ca3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I, personally, have always had a particular interest in battle themes for games that do such a thing. I tend to, I don't know, 'collect' them as a bit of a time capsule for games I liked or soundtracks that particularly stood out. I also rather like comparing the style of battle themes in various games.

Ni no Kuni was one of the first RPGs in a while that had a battle theme I found to be absolutely gorgeous. It was surprisingly mellow and melodic and just really hit a sweet spot in me.

A few hours later I was surprised to hear that there was a second theme that would, I assume, be the battle music for the remainder of the game. It was a little more uptempo with a bit more urgency to it. Still beautiful, still wonderful, but I can't help but think that I liked the first version better.

What do my fellow bombers think? Which one did you prefer?

As a side note I also find the Overworld music and the Motorville music to be lip-smacking good.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JaredA

I like the first better. I am pretty sure it's the same song that was in the original DS version.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@JaredA said:

I like the first better. I am pretty sure it's the same song that was in the original DS version.

there both really good, but I agree, the first one is better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.