Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

Can't tell if money will eventually become a non-issue...

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrhaydel

Right now I'm roughly 20 hours in (I tend to be...thorough, so in reality this means I've got 2 people in my party, level 24-25, have just got my cauldron, and currently trying to obtain a ship, if that helps those who are playing), and while so far I wouldn't say money has been a big issue, I do feel like I'm holding back a bit on my spending because I haven't quite gotten the feel for whether money eventually becomes trivial. I've read/seen several places that you should make sure to spend your money before going in to a dungeon so that if you die you're not hit with a high 10% fee to revive, but I also haven't felt like dying in a dungeon is a real threat (yet?).

That being said, I find I'm usually sitting on anywhere from 6K to 10K guilders, purchasing equipment without thinking too much, but then holding off on what feel like 'expensive' consumables (also because I've got a relatively adequate unused supply of them already).

Has anyone else gotten far enough or have more of an idea of whether money at some point becomes an afterthought?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By drac96

@mrhaydel: I just finished the game and money was always kind of an afterthought. I tended to fight every single battle I came across though. A little ways after where you are now you'll start to get a fair bit more money from each encounter. I only spent money each time new equipment was available and always seemed to have plenty to go around.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343

You get a ton of money from combat, but you can also fall down the terrible rabbit hole of constantly outfitting all your familiars with the best gear at each tier of shops.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Turambar

I'm in Yule, the winter area now, and the 60k guilders I had from sidequesting quickly evaporated from equipment that cost 7k a piece.

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mrhaydel

Thanks for the anecdotes guys. I agree that it's real easy to blow money on equipment real fast, but, it sounds like so long as I stick with fighting pretty much everything I come across (so far I don't mind doing this), I should be in pretty decent shape.

Of course, as project343 alluded to, the trick will be to not overtly obsess about my familiars, party makeup, and their equipment! But, that's another thread topic I'd say. :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.