Free Golden Hurley Familiar

#1 Edited by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -
#2 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up!

#3 Posted by rethla (477 posts) -

Yeh thanks! Now i just need to wait for the game to release and see what i just downloaded :)

#4 Posted by mwng (936 posts) -
@AlisterCat: Thanks for the heads up duder!
#5 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

Anyone from outside Europe tried it? I assume it will work but I don't know.

#6 Posted by Vanek (383 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Awesome. Thanks for point that out! =D

I think that was the DLC Amazon had? All I know is I got it this morning early from Shopto and now I also have the DLC for free. Great game so far.

#7 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

@Vanek: The pre-order bonus is 'two exclusive familiars' which is what the PSN store offers for pre-ordering, so I bet they're the same ones. Golden Hurley comes with the prima guide.

I got my wizards edition from shopto this morning so now I have all 3 DLC golden familiars! Good since the guide is sold out unless you want to get scalped.

#8 Posted by Optix12 (615 posts) -

When I read this I assumed there was some crazy weird LOST tie in and you got Hurley in animated form. I am now dissapointed :(

#9 Posted by meismike (45 posts) -

Im in canada and it said "you are not eligible for this." I also got a code from amazon for a free familiar ticket but the code wont work! I just want some more little bastards to love!

#10 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

@meismike: DLC codes are region locked, or so I have heard so if you got that code from a foreign arm of amazon then it might not work.

#11 Posted by meismike (45 posts) -

I bought it from amazon.ca so it should work. What do the tickets do anyways? Are they unique familiars or can you get them regularly in the game?

#12 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

@meismike: I have no idea, sorry. I haven't actually played my copy yet, and technically it isn't out here until tomorrow.

#13 Edited by Sterling (2309 posts) -

@meismike said:

I bought it from amazon.ca so it should work. What do the tickets do anyways? Are they unique familiars or can you get them regularly in the game?

There are some that are for just regular ones, but as far as I know there are only three gold ones, and those are special overpowered ones. And they have a gold appearance in the game. You also cannot redeem the tickets until about 10-12 hours into the game.

I just got my copy of the guide, and upon looking in it there is a gold version of every base familiar post game. But there are only the three DLC ones. Which also happen to be copies of the same post game ones. The only DLC one I can not find is Griffy, the pre order DLC from Amazon. Apparently that is the only unique one that is not actually in the game normally.

#14 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

They are region locked and bound to a single account. So if you don't play on an European account, this will not work.

#15 Posted by Fredddi43 (332 posts) -

Thanks, downloaded it!

#16 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Golden Hurley is also free on the US Store

#17 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

@iGooner7: Excellent. Thanks.

#18 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@AlisterCat: glad to help.

#19 Edited by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -
#20 Posted by Sterling (2309 posts) -

@iGooner7 said:

@AlisterCat: Golden Hurley is also free on the US Store

There is no Ni No Kuni DLC at all on the US PSN store. You can only get them with codes in the US.

#21 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@oulzac: huh? How come I have Golden Hurley for free then?

#22 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

not eligible to download or purchase that content :(  so much for free.

#23 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

@Marz: You may need to access the store from your region.

#24 Posted by Sterling (2309 posts) -

@iGooner7: You sure you didn't use a code for the guide? If you go to the US store, or look on your PS3 on the store app, there is nothing for Ni No Kuni, nor Golden Hurley.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/search/f=^golden|bucket~games%3Agame_content_type~addons|

#25 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@oulzac: 100% sure. Maybe it was a glitch and I was right there to get it. Weird....

#26 Posted by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -

IT WAS THERE! OMG It was there and now its not Content not ..there..I hate!

#27 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:

@Marz: You may need to access the store from your region.

the link was for the US store and I am from the US, but didn't work.   Also links don't seem to exist anymore.
#28 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

I've updated the first post in any case. Links still work for me in UK.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.