Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

Items on the overworld

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Istealdreams

Really I would say that these are the only things that irk me. Not the harvesting nodes that sparkle, but the items that you have to literally be pressing X constantly to find. It would be infinitely better if an ! Popped up above your head to just let you know something is there. I LOVE exploring an over world map to find secrets and treasures, but with really no rhyme or reason for their placement, it makes it tedious. In fact I ended up buying the guide for the sole purpose of finding these, and even then i really just check against it when im moving to the next area.

Again, hunting these things down is fun. But without any context to know where or what they may be hiding in, you will need a replacement X button before you're halfway through the game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

I only just realized these existed. They don't seem to be essential, so I'm not really bothered by it.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sanity

Yea, it be neat if there was some way to track them sorta like the chocobo hunt in FF9. That was my favorite side quest of all the FF games.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Istealdreams

There are some decent weapons and accessories that you can get from them. I know from the GI review that you can get an ability late in the game that will show them on your map, but at that point most of them are trivial.

For example at the beginning of the game you can get a well-worn sword and a giants tooth well before they are actually available any other way.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ExplodeMode

You can see the locations in the in-game wizard book. The little keyholes on the map -- I've got all of the ones I can reach so far with no guide. I also read that later you get a spell that makes them even easier to find. It doesn't really seem like anything to sweat.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Sterling

Wait, what? Did I miss some tutorial in the early game that explained this? I had no idea there were just random items on the over world map.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

You get a spell later on that shows you exactly where they are. But I still wish they were just big ol' treasure chests.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ExplodeMode

@oulzac said:

Wait, what? Did I miss some tutorial in the early game that explained this? I had no idea there were just random items on the over world map.

No tutorial that I saw, I just found them because I was reading the book and wondered what those spots on the map were. It's this games hidden items. There's a x/100 stat in the completion section of the telling stone.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Istealdreams

!!! You're right! Listen to that man. They are right on the map in the book. Well chalk on more cool thing up to this game, because that is a great way to do it. Atleast this guide is nice lol.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lilbigsupermario

wow, that's good to know, I didn't know there were hidden items on the map. I have to start reading the in-game wizard book...

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

Now I wish I had the actual book so I wouldn't have to keep juggling between the in-game book and the actual playing.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I was wondering what those symbols on the map were.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By musubi

Wow, I had no clue.. I should.... look at my map more often.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.