Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

Ni No Kuni is a 2 part file download from PSN Store NA

• 67 results
    ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShinjiEx

File 1 marked PS3 game 6GB

File 2 not marked 16GB

Total being 22GB

It's also priced at $55 hey $5 is $5 LOL

But $50 makes more since for new digital video games minus - $10 from the disc/package cost and the middle man retail store

And now we play the waiting game for it to finish downloading ^__^

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mesoian

Ugh man. It's cool that it can be downloaded, but I don't know if I can get behind a 22gb download. This is precisely the bottleneck our glorious no retail future has.

I'll pick it up on my way home from work tomorrow. The download wouldn't be finished until tomorrow anyway with the way PSN is.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

yeah i was thinking about buying the digital version..... to save that 5$  but then i saw my PS3 has 18GB of storage free... i decided against it and just bought the disc version.   Maybe one of those files is the voice archive.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Shaunage

Keep in mind PS3 games require double the space to begin the download because of the install processs. It may not even be possible to download this on a totally empty 40gb console.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Shaunage said:

Keep in mind PS3 games require double the space to begin the download because of the install processs. It may not even be possible to download this on a totally empty 40gb console.

Oh really? I had some issue when I was trying to download it earlier saying I didn't have enough room, but I had plenty it seemed. Cleared out some stuff and it's downloading fine. I definitely had more then 22GB it seems to require though.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

Huh, for the first time I think I might have to check my storage left on my PS3. I might actually not be able to fit this so I'll probably go with retail.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1

I love when people complain about digital day 1 prices. Same price as retail, whine. Small discount, complain. Looking forward to see how people deal with prices when everything is digital only.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

@Mesoian said:

Ugh man. It's cool that it can be downloaded, but I don't know if I can get behind a 22gb download. This is precisely the bottleneck our glorious no retail future has.

I'll pick it up on my way home from work tomorrow. The download wouldn't be finished until tomorrow anyway with the way PSN is.

It's still probably faster and definitely more convenient than driving to a retail store to pick up a game.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mosespippy

@kishinfoulux said:

@Shaunage said:

Oh really? I had some issue when I was trying to download it earlier saying I didn't have enough room, but I had plenty it seemed. Cleared out some stuff and it's downloading fine. I definitely had more then 22GB it seems to require though.

Yeah, the download files take up space and then has to instal elsewhere. So this 22GB game would need 44GB of available space at first but it'll only take up 22GB after installation.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By mrcraggle

Wait, the game is $55 to download? Fuck, we are proper ripped off in the UK. Here's it's £50 to download which is just over $79 going by Google.

Avatar image for rockhardrooster
    rockhardrooster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rockhardrooster

@mrcraggle: I'm pretty sure that's not how money works.

Games are 60 dollars in the US new. In sweden, they are about 600 Swedish crowns. Now, 60 dollars is more like 400-450 crowns if you exchange it, but that's not the point.

If you buy something in the US which costs 10 bucks, then it costs around 100 crowns here. Sure, some things are more expensive, and some things are less so, but the point is that the prices make sense in the countries where the product is sold.

10 bucks are worth around 100 crowns. Presumably it's worth around 10 pounds. It's also worth around 10 euro. But the exchange rate between all these currencies is nothing like that.

The one real exception to all this, that I know of, is Japan, where I've seen digital downloads for about 7000 yen in the Vita store. Again, 1000 yen is worth around 10 bucks, but the exchange rate is different.

I hope this stuff makes sense. If I'm wrong, please let me know, but this is something I've been thinking about a bunch lately. Thing is, I've been buying my digital stuff from the US PSN for a while now, since even though when you buy those point cards online, they throw on a 'tax' or something (20 dollar PSN card is 25 dollars online, ends up being about 160 crowns, thus effectively saving me about 4 bucks off of every 20 dollars I spend).

Again, anyone, if I'm wrong please explain. Not picking a fight or anything, just curious. Also I know I suck at explaining stuff.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Huh, for the first time I think I might have to check my storage left on my PS3. I might actually not be able to fit this so I'll probably go with retail.

Actually amazed that I still have 250 gb on a 1 tb harddrive I installed 2 years ago.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Sooty

If this was on Steam it'd only take me 30 minutes to download, but no, it's the stupid PS3 with the lack of wireless N and the PlayStation Store's often piss poor download speeds.

Hooray.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#14  Edited By audioBusting

@mrcraggle said:

Wait, the game is $55 to download? Fuck, we are proper ripped off in the UK. Here's it's £50 to download which is just over $79 going by Google.

On AU PSN it's AU$89.95. Getting a new copy from EBGames is AU$88. Barf.

neato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By neato

@Shaunage said:

i think it will be fine, since the download is in two parts (5gb and 16gb) and it automatically installs after download. so 32gb should work.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Rayeth

Yep I had to leave it on most of the night to download because the PSN store hates using all my bandwidth or something.

If this was Steam 22 GB would take a few hours, with PSN it takes overnight. Tragic.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Rayeth said:

If this was Steam 22 GB would take a few hours...

At most.

@Rayeth said:

...with PSN it takes overnight. Tragic.

At least.  

When I do get around to getting this I think I'll just go retail.
    Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Petiew
    @rockhardrooster: Yeah, you understand it better than myself but that's how it works. 
    However, like@mrcraggle said the £50 price doesn't particuarly make sense in this situation. Unless you're getting ripped off by a brick and mortar store a boxed copy of this and almost every other game in the UK is being sold for £40. PSN charges £50 for the big releases. You're basically getting charged £10-15 more, whereas in the US they're receiving a $5 discount by ordering digitally.
    Avatar image for rockhardrooster
    rockhardrooster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rockhardrooster

@Petiew: Oh. Well, that's just fucked up then.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Why would you want to download a Triple A exclusive anyway?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By OllyOxenFree

22GB download with PSN's download speeds. Then you have to wait for it to install? Forget that, gimme the physical copy.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marcsman

Physical copy for me anyday. Really great game BTW.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By OneManX

I would rather not eat the bandwidth on that one and just grab it in store.

Even if I didn't have to worry about bandwidth, there are MANY other things I would rather do then wait for a PSN download.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By colourful_hippie
    @I_Stay_Puft

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Actually amazed that I still have 250 gb on a 1 tb harddrive I installed 2 years ago.

I have an 80 gig on this thing with about 10 to 20 gigs left cuz that's just how little I downloaded stuff on it.
    mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mrcraggle

@rockhardrooster: My point wasn't so much about taxes but more that games in America are around $60 retail and the game was a $55 download. Here in the UK, a boxed copy of the game is around £40 but you can usually find deals for less but the download is actually £10 more. They did the same with Need 4 Speed which was £60 though.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Dagbiker

A friend of mine spent two weeks tryimg to download assiassians creed.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Turambar

I thought about cancelling my amazon order and downloading it, then noticed I only have 13 gigs free on my HDD anyways.

LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By LosDub

how do i check my free space on my ps3?

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By topsteer

@LosDub: Go to system settings then scroll down to system information.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30  Edited By ShinjiEx

We Comcast/Xfinity kewl kids in NA can download 22GB in around 4 hours minus - the 1 hours install

Downloaded at 3AM was playing it at around 8:30AM

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mesoian

@Snail said:

@Mesoian said:

It's still probably faster and definitely more convenient than driving to a retail store to pick up a game.

For the record, you were totally fucking right. Should have just downloaded it last night. ::Flips off target::

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Turambar

@Mesoian said:

@Snail said:

@Mesoian said:

For the record, you were totally fucking right. Should have just downloaded it last night. ::Flips off target::

Was there actually a copy there? Between a Walmart, a Bestbuy, a Target, and two Gamestops, no luck this morning. Good thing they were all just one the way for another actual errand I was running or else that would have been one giant waste of time.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mesoian

@Turambar said:

@Mesoian said:

@Snail said:

@Mesoian said:

Was there actually a copy there? Between a Walmart, a Bestbuy, a Target, and two Gamestops, no luck this morning. Good thing they were all just one the way for another actual errand I was running or else that would have been one giant waste of time.

Nope, and they were TBA for getting more copies. Best buy and game stop have "try back in 3-5 days". I just said "fuck it", went home, and started the download. It's been about 10 minutesa and it's 10% complete with the first part...maybe this might be done tonight?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By handlas

My Best Buy says they have copies of it at their store ("available"). Go to the store today after work and can't find it anywhere. Don't know why I ever bother with Best Buy anymore. Happens more times than not that they just don't have new releases out on shelves. Gonna have to Amazon it because i certainly don't have enough harddrive space.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikkaQ

If you live in Canada and use certain ISPs, that 5 dollar discount wouldn't even make up for the bandwidth you used to download 21 gigs. Just a funny fact.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By Cincaid

@rockhardrooster: Not to mention that here in Sweden (jag är också Svensk!) taxes are always included in the price you see, while in the US taxes are added once you make the purchase. So if a game is $10 in the US, that equals $10 + taxes. In Sweden the price is 100kr including taxes (moms). Unless I somehow misunderstood how things work over there.

Personally I definitely prefer to see the "full" price from the get-go, rather than trying to count out the final price in my head after adding taxes.

EDIT: Whoops, guess I should have read your entire post. Never mind me, I'm an idiot.

Trilleong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Trilleong

I checked every store in town today and the only place that had it was Gamestop. The problem is that they only had one copy and it was reserved. I was annoyed as if that guy hadn't picked up his copy three days after it came out it should be fair game. I came home disappointed because even Amazon didn't have it and with a snowstorm going strong outside I wasn't willing to drive anywhere(my friend and I actually slid off the road into a ditch on the way home) over an hour away to get a copy so I happily bought the digital version and then slept all day while it downloaded for about 8 hours. I don't have a huge PS3 library so the 22 gigs doesn't bother me.

Avatar image for theegravedigger
    TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By TheeGravedigger

I didn't realize that this was available as a digital download. I had go clear across the city to find a store that still had copies.

Still, I think I'd rather have a disc than a 22 GB download.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rethla

What 22Gb? Mine only downloaded 6Gb whats up with that, did i miss one part?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Devil240Z

I have the 6 gig file downloaded. but the 16 gig file is at like 10%. I'm just wondering if the 6 gig file contains the first part of the game or something so I can start playing now instead of waiting another year and a half for this shit to download.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sanity

@Devil240Z said:

I have the 6 gig file downloaded. but the 16 gig file is at like 10%. I'm just wondering if the 6 gig file contains the first part of the game or something so I can start playing now instead of waiting another year and a half for this shit to download.

No, you have to install them both before you can play the game.

It took me about 5 hours to download it followed by a hour install so it wasn't that bad for me. Still faster then getting it shipped.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hatking

So, with PSN's speeds I should be playing this just in time for GOTY discussions. That seems perfect to me.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SethMode

@neato said:

@Shaunage said:

i think it will be fine, since the download is in two parts (5gb and 16gb) and it automatically installs after download. so 32gb should work.

You had my hopes up for a moment, then I realized that even with pretty much EVERYTHING deleted, I still only had 31gb free. Fucking Sony man. I'm now formatting the damn thing, even though I just KNOW that it will require a firmware update to get into the store which will screw me in terms of available free space. What twat waffle at Sony thought needing double the free space of a file in order to download said file would be a good idea? Or at least, couldn't they have made it 3 files? I can work the space even with my lowly 40gb one, just not in a single large lump.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By Shaunage

@SethMode: With my 40gb COMPLETELY empty, I was only JUST able to download and install Infamous 2, which I think was 17gb.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SethMode

@Shaunage: That's at least somewhat reassuring. Maybe after this format (2.5 hours...*sigh*) I'll have enough to get the 16 gig part downloaded and installed. After that it should work out fine. I just really can't wrap my head around this idea of 16 gigs actually equals 32 gigs. Isn't it 2013?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By penguindust

It would take me 4 days to download that. Whenever I don't load something off Steam, I need to start it the night before, leave it running through the day while I am at work and maybe it will be done when I get home. It took me a week to download the DCU Online MMO from the PS3 store.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rethla

@SethMode said:

@Shaunage: That's at least somewhat reassuring. Maybe after this format (2.5 hours...*sigh*) I'll have enough to get the 16 gig part downloaded and installed. After that it should work out fine. I just really can't wrap my head around this idea of 16 gigs actually equals 32 gigs. Isn't it 2013?

Is 32Gb to much to ask for 2013?

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By anywhereilay
    @msavo said:
    I love when people complain about digital day 1 prices. Same price as retail, whine. Small discount, complain. Looking forward to see how people deal with prices when everything is digital only.
    Try £50 in the UK, which is £10 above retail. Wanna get FAR CRY 3? £60. In the UK the complaints on new games like this are more than valid. Those prices are MENTAL.
    Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

@anywhereilay said:

@msavo said:
    Try £50 in the UK, which is £10 above retail. Wanna get FAR CRY 3? £60. In the UK the complaints on new games like this are more than valid. Those prices are MENTAL.

I came in to say this, for the longest time I thought that the prices in the US was the same, as in around $80 for new games on PSN, but I was surprised when I saw that they were equal to retail, sometimes cheaper.

I would buy more retail games from PSN if it wasn't for the stupid pricing of just switching the $ sign to £. I can usually find games in shops for £10-15 cheaper than PSN, just stupid.

I don't know what the problem with PSN in the US but for me and my friends we get the full download speed without any problems.

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By anywhereilay
    @Fire_Of_The_Wind: Yes, the fact that they are selling it well above the RRP is absurd. I'd like to see some statistics for how many people actually buy these games at those prices. Especially Far Cry 3 for £60. I simply can't see it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.