Where's the review?

#1 Posted by coons84 (25 posts) -

I thought brad was playing through this game, is he not reviewing it? We all must have a giantbomb Ni No review!!

#2 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

do we really need a review.

last time brad review a game he gave it the 'wrong' score and just upset the weirdo's

fuck it i say. don't bother with them

#3 Edited by Venatio (4483 posts) -

I don't think Brad wants to do one, which is a bummer but whatever, it's their site

I've come to accept that a Quick Look is often times the only thing we get

#4 Posted by Killercombo (218 posts) -

He won't be reviewing it, he said he had plans to play it over the summer when the releases calm down, its so big, I gave playing it after putting in 160 hours into P4G, going into this game was a bad idea, never mind my backlog of psn/steam/xbl stuff.

#5 Posted by Pabba (306 posts) -

It's a long game. I'm only four hours in, and there seems to be so much to do. If there is a review, it probably won't hit the site for a long while. His Quick Look can be considered his review for now, methinks.

#6 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

Still, the fact that a long game means no review is dissapointing

#7 Posted by RazielCuts (2906 posts) -

He said in the QL that he probably won't be reviewing it as its so big, that and also other reviewers seemed to put him off playing it. The general theme of 'You have to grind in a JRPG, what?' seems surprising to some people. I doubt the game ever gets talked about again, unless Vinny picks it up and plays it randomly in 8 months or so as he is wont to do.

#8 Posted by coons84 (25 posts) -

Ni no endurance run who's with me!!

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14513 posts) -

@coons84: My Review. SHITS AWESOME. BUY IT. FIVE STARS.

#10 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5125 posts) -

By the time he's finished it whoever wants to play will have already done so. Like me. I fucking love Ni No Kuni.

#11 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

I give it 5 and a half srars.

#12 Posted by AlisterCat (5469 posts) -

I don't think he ever intended to review it. I doubt Jeff even considered that it needed reviewing. They don't do JRPGs.

#13 Posted by BisonHero (6048 posts) -
@Demoskinos

@coons84: My Review. SHITS AWESOME. BUY IT. FIVE STARS.

If you could ramble in all caps for about 3 more sentences, you'd have a pretty good Zodiac Motherfucker review on your hands. :)
#14 Posted by me3639 (1707 posts) -

If Dead Space wasnt also on his plate i think he would have been able to finish, but seeing as its a long RPG, and worth the time to enjoy, its hit the back burner for a while. Here s an idea, someone help a brother out. Is Brad the only reviewer left in the office? Im currently at 40+ hours and if i was reviewing I would currently give it 4/5.

#15 Posted by Morningstar (2125 posts) -

Here's your review: 5 stars.

#16 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

@coons84 said:

Ni no endurance run who's with me!!

That's gonna take literally a week! Unlike P4G where it only took me 40 hours to beat on Very Hard Mode along with the secret dungeon and true final boss. (Just bragging)

On the other hand they should just let us gamers review honestly,I think they gave a poor rating for PSASBR which I'm really disappointed because the game can actually get really competitive you really know how to play and especially when you play with friends,it seems like they just played it,looked at basic mechanics,and stopped playing. Once you get more competitive it's really fun... On the other hand I wish Ni No Kuni had an online familiar fight mode.

#17 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (450 posts) -

I'm glad to see that so many people like it, the game is already so dear to my heart. It's surpassed alot of things as my all time favorite game and I thought I was done with JRPG's. Im completely in love with it, and I know it will get multiple play through a from me, I hope this is not the end of this franchise I hope and pray for a part two!

#18 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -
#19 Edited by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

An Endurance run would be pretty cool for this game.

#20 Edited by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

The one problem with this site is you will get few reviews. There are many games I knew the staff were playing that never got a review. I doubt Ni No Kuni will get a review. I will say however it is fantastic. I personally loved every minute of it. If you like RPGs just go ahead and buy it. If you want more research I would check out some other reviews around the internet I think they generally do a good job at painting the picture of this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.