Who's gonna play it on the Bomb Crew

#1 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

Who on the Giant Bomb crew do you thing will actually play it and better yet actually beat it...

Im going to say maybe Brad, Patrick, and the Vinster!

Now the big question is who's going to review it...or will it even be reviewed :(

#2 Edited by Snail (8659 posts) -

I think Brad and Vinny are very likely to play this. Oh and Alex too, since this is Studio Ghibli (I think he really likes their movies doesn't he?).

#3 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

Jeff seemed at least mildly excited about it on his tumblr. I imagine Alex will review it, if it gets one at all.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

If it's anything like the rest of their post-Final Fantasy XIII JRPG coverage, the game will receive a Quick Look, maybe some discussion on a Bombcast, and then never be mentioned again.

#5 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

@SirOptimusPrime: Yeah I forgot that one of Jeff's favorite games is Persona 4, I dont know why I get it in my head that he isnt into JRPG's.

also whats the link to his tumblr would like to check it out!

#6 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

@8bit_Archer said:

@SirOptimusPrime: Yeah I forgot that one of Jeff's favorite games is Persona 4, I dont know why I get it in my head that he isnt into JRPG's.

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/

He's a creative mastermind. Also I don't think he likes JRPG's, but he really likes P4.

#7 Posted by Beforet (2932 posts) -

@8bit_Archer said:

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/

#8 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

Thanks guys...I laughed at the header alone.... Positive that I'm in for a treat!

#9 Posted by Thompson820 (409 posts) -

Chief Anime Editor Brad Shoemaker will have to play it.

#10 Posted by RaisingIndiana (76 posts) -

I logged onto PSN and saw Brad was playing it earlier today

#11 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

If it's anything like the rest of their post-Final Fantasy XIII JRPG coverage, the game will receive a Quick Look, maybe some discussion on a Bombcast, and then never be mentioned again.

Indeed. I'll be playing it, though...

So how was the reception to the community GOTY podcast? Maybe we should resurrect the community podcast. It doesn't need to be a weekly thing, Giantbomb's already got that covered, but more of a spoiler cast that gets recorded after major games come out.

#12 Posted by logicfracture (158 posts) -

Brad since he's the anime editor and no it won't be reviewed.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I'd say that's the treatment may games get anyway, but not being the type of person who listens to the Bombcast regularly, I only have half the information necessary to make that statement.

#14 Posted by JaredA (830 posts) -

I'm gonna guess Brad. I remember him sounding really excited about it in a video a while ago

#15 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3792 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel said:

I'd say that's the treatment may games get anyway, but not being the type of person who listens to the Bombcast regularly, I only have half the information necessary to make that statement.

Makes sense since it sounded like Brad will be trying to get through Dead Space 3 in about 2-3 weeks.

#16 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

Well regardless,Im pretty excited for it! First time I've been excited for a JRPG in some time. Don't have a reason in particular but, I made it a point to pre-order the strategy guide and game on Amazon to get the two additional familiars!

I dont know why!

#17 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

@Thompson820 said:

Chief Anime Editor Brad Shoemaker will have to play it.

#18 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Hailinel said:

So how was the reception to the community GOTY podcast? Maybe we should resurrect the community podcast. It doesn't need to be a weekly thing, Giantbomb's already got that covered, but more of a spoiler cast that gets recorded after major games come out.

Aren't there like multiple community podcasts out there?

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Hailinel said:

Aren't there like multiple community podcasts out there?

Are there? I dunno. There's one about Guild Wars or something, I think. Link me to 'em, I'm interested.

#20 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

@TooWalrus: I wouldn't know where to look I only remember seeing people randomly say they put out their own podcast made up of certain users.

#21 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@TooWalrus: I wouldn't know where to look I only remember seeing people randomly say they put out their own podcast made up of certain users.

You'd think they'd be posting in the forums when new episodes go up, eh? I'm on here quite a bit and don't remember seeing them since... well, Kessler's.

#22 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

@TooWalrus: You're probably right, when I say remember I'm most likely thinking of stuff from a long time ago.

#23 Posted by Slax (962 posts) -

I just hope there is a quick look soon. This seems really interesting, but I don't know a lot about it.

#24 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

I just got done with the Demo and thought it seems rather simple but, fun/Interesting! What I hear from other reviews it seems is that it gets more intricate and challenging after the first few hours!

#25 Edited by me3639 (1849 posts) -

I suspected PK, but surprising to hear maybe Jeff, Alex or Brad.

#26 Posted by Raven10 (1922 posts) -

I would assume Brad would be the one to review it if it got reviewed. Vinny might play it. Patrick might try it. Don't think Jeff, Ryan, or Alex would be interested although as a film buff I'm sure Alex loves Studio Ghibli so he might play it for that reason alone.

#27 Posted by MiniPato (2751 posts) -

I get the feeling that Patrick will be playing it?

#28 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2293 posts) -

I'm going to say Alex because Brad might be preoccupied with Dead Space 3 and Jeff might not care enough to devote 40 hours for the game (judging by IGN's count).

#29 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1562 posts) -

Brad's reviewing it jeff got a spare copy and was apparently going to try it out

#30 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

No review and a 30 minute QL with Ryan and Patrick, calling it, anyone wanna take that bet?

EDIT: After reading the thread I might be wrong, Pat and Brad QL then

#31 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

Chief anime editor Brad will be looking at it, in his job description

#32 Posted by Picard (255 posts) -

Who cares? - It's not like they'll be reviewing it.

I'll have my copy tomorrow - I can't wait! I've been looking forward to this game for months.

#33 Posted by GnsDemon (115 posts) -

Patrick me thinks. Brad will hopefully finish it. And Vinny won't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.