Why isn't this a Cross-Play game?

#1 Posted by af7lm (75 posts) -

Now I haven't played this game yet because I won't be back into country for another 2 weeks, but I think this game would have been a perfect Cross-Play game between the Vita and PS3. Hell, it was already a DS game, for the most part. I'm no game designer/programmer but I can't imagine it being too difficult. Anyway.. just thought I'd throw that out there.

#2 Posted by Roland_D11 (185 posts) -

The DS game is not a direct port or downscaling of the PS3 game. I think it is pretty hard to port a DS game to Vita or a PS3 game to Vita, if you don't set it up that way from the start. And when the game was released in Japan the Vita wasn't even out yet.

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Its 22gigs compressed. Thats why.

#4 Posted by af7lm (75 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Ouch. That would be a pretty good reason... I just like playing JRPGs on handhelds more than on the big screen.

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@af7lm said:

@Dagbiker said:

Ouch. That would be a pretty good reason... I just like playing JRPGs on handhelds more than on the big screen.

I do too, In fact I just played Persona 4 on my bus ride to work. I almost bought Ni No Kuni from the PSN store, glad I didn't.

#6 Posted by Petiew (1322 posts) -

It also came out in Japan in 2011 about a month before the VIta, and it didn't even sell very well if I remember right.
There was probably just no incentive to do it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.