How has this not been announced for the WiiU?

#1 Posted by Farbelowaverage (46 posts) -

I know that it's easy to get in to the "armchair quarterback" mode of thinking, but this seems like a console mover in the US. It has the family-friendly style, the nostalgic RPG feel, and both PS3 quality graphics and DS gameplay in it's different forms... The WiiU seems like the most natural home for the US release, and if I were Reggie, I'd practically be begging for it at Level-5.

#2 Posted by Wes899 (2102 posts) -

Because it sold next to nothing.

#3 Posted by me3639 (1609 posts) -

Its a PS3 exclusive. Read a great write up for it in GI last month, i think. Not my genre of choice but damn it looks really good and one of my most anticipated for 2013.

#4 Posted by Mcfart (1429 posts) -

@Wes899 said:

If that's true, then why are they localizing it in the first place? Is it going to be a shitty port that still uses Japanese voices?

#5 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2157 posts) -

Isn't it a PS3 exclusive?

#6 Posted by Petiew (1281 posts) -
@Farbelowaverage: Console mover is more than a little optimistic. As far as I know it sold somewhat poorlyover in Japan. I don't think international sales will even come close. Would anyone actually buy a WiiU to play an RPG when it could be played on the PS3 easier and cheaper?
#7 Posted by mosespippy (3757 posts) -

Maybe it's because Nintendo doesn't give a shit about getting third party support.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (13906 posts) -
@Mcfart

@Wes899 said:

If that's true, then why are they localizing it in the first place? Is it going to be a shitty port that still uses Japanese voices?

Because the game is already made and it takes little to no work to localize a game if they just do subs which honestly I would prefer anyways.
#9 Posted by Wes899 (2102 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Mcfart

@Wes899 said:

Because the game is already made and it takes little to no work to localize a game if they just do subs which honestly I would prefer anyways.

You make it sound like using Japanese voices is a bad thing. I too, would prefer subs to dubs.

#10 Posted by mtcantor (922 posts) -

Holy shit, I completely forgot that this game even existed. How is it not out in English yet? This is ridiculous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.