Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nier

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 22, 2010

Nothing is as it seems. Nier must travel the world in search of a cure for his daughter who has been infected with the deadly "Black Scrawl" virus. How far will you go to save someone you love?

Trade Crack in Time for Nier?

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Rxanadu

I've S-ranked CiT, and I have no desire to play it (or any of the other R&C games I have) ever again.  The main dilemma here, however, is I've made a New Years Resolution to finish up my 21-game-strong backlog before trading for or buying any new games.  I've heard good things about Nier's story, and I'd be willing to beat it 4 times to get the full of it.   
    Do you think I should break my resolution to get this game, or keep at it? 

P.S. The reason I'm not playing any of my R&C games it that I've already played them all to death (I beat part 2 about 10 times).  They are by no means bad games; I just can't see myself playing them again any time soon. 

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dpedal1

Continue with the backlog.  Games are expensive!!!  Enjoy what you have!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

Nier is a great game, still it is very depressing. If you think you can deal with it, go for it!

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By benjaebe

Nier is awesome, pick it up.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I couldn't get through Nier more than once (I plan on doing it someday though)

But it's worth a try. If you're really determined to get all the endings, I say go for it.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

One of the greatest games ever made
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

If you read that without and caps, it sounds like you want to trade drugs in time to get Nier. 

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @MooseyMcMan said:

" If you read that without and caps, it sounds like you want to trade drugs in time to get Nier.  "

I thought the same
    Woo woo, *trading crack for a game is definitely a problem.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Axersia

Wait, your backlog consists of only 21 games? Dude, if you head over to Backloggery.com and click a bunch of random users on the front page, you'll find people with backlogs spanning at least 10 times that much -- including myself. So don't feel bad about your highly modest backlog, and go ahead and trade in R&C for one of the best games of last year.

Don't bother getting all of the endings, though. You really only need to get to the second ending (which should only take about 4 hours as the game starts you off two-thirds of the way through -- though my first full playthrough took 20 hours) because you'll encounter additional narrative content along the way, but if you go for the 3rd and 4th ending, that content will be the same and only the ending will be different, so I personally recommend you just head on over to YouTube and watch the endings there.

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rxanadu
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " If you read that without and caps, it sounds like you want to trade drugs in time to get Nier.  "
    Never noticed that.  That's pretty funny, but, no, I'm not trading any drugs any time soon.
    Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rxanadu

Forget about it.  The guy already went to another person to trade with.  No matter; now I can concentrate a bit more on my classwork.  I'm actually thinking of starting to stream games on justin.tv, but I don' know whether to get EasyCap or Dazzle.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.