Ninja Blade is actually pretty good.

#1 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

Downloaded the demo today.
Overall, it seems like a solid Ninja Gaiden- Devil May Cry type game.  I'd describe it as a cross between those two with the NG theme.

Didn't get to see much, the demo was short, but the combat was solid and it seems to build on powers, not solely blade skills. 
Again though, the demo was short- it only consisted of a QTE, a wave of enemies, a part where you're falling from a building taking down enemies, and a boss fight.

Gonna be a pretty decent game

---> It's on the japanese marketplace.  If that doesn't work, just google ninja blade demo torrent-> download--> follow instructions (maybe unrar, etc.)--> burn to disk



That being said, another demo I played, Gundam: Operation Troy, now that's the shit.  Can't believe they made a good gundam game.  (it's not available on any marketplace at the moment, you have to get it from a torrent and burn it to a disk)

#2 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

Looking forward to trying out this game, I haven't seen much of it

#3 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6103 posts) -

I haven't seen much on it, but I liked both Ninja Gaiden and DMC, so I'll give it a spin.

And think about that title for a moment - there's some potential for some truly great sequels.  "Janitor Blade."  "Pizza Guy Blade."  "Pothead Blade."

Moderator
#4 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"I haven't seen much on it, but I liked both Ninja Gaiden and DMC, so I'll give it a spin.

And think about that title for a moment - there's some potential for some truly great sequels.  "Janitor Blade."  "Pizza Guy Blade."  "Pothead Blade.""
Reminds me of Dishwasher Samurai (your names)
This is going to be the first XBLA game that I buy
  



Made by a single freaking person
#5 Posted by Jeff (3425 posts) -

Pretty sure that demo is the same thing I played back at TGS. Didn't like it at all, felt like there was way too much QTE stuff in it.

Staff
#6 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

I think we played different demos then.  In the demo here you have an intro of QTE- you're basically landing from your helicopter, then that's it.
There was a part which I thought upon seeing the earlier videos was a quicktime, but turned out being playable- you were running down a building and basically kicking some ass.

--- actually, if its what gametrailers has, its the same. 

#7 Posted by H3ADSHOT (10 posts) -

I thought the demo was pretty fun. Definitely worth playing, not sure about a day 1 purchase though.

#8 Edited by ColumnBreaker (1159 posts) -

If this game were a person, the only words I'd have for them would be "Ninja Gaiden you are not".

I had more fun with the Conan hack 'n slash, and that game was awful. Hell, I even played through the demo like 6 times before gameflying it. I have a high tolerance for mediocrity in this particular genre.. and I will not be touching this one.

#9 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Devil May Cry is on its fourth game and Ninja Gaiden is on its second game. What's the point of making the seventh game in the same style with the same setting as Ninja Gaiden and a bunch of QTE? Why not just have another Ninja Gaiden? Totally unoriginal game, still could be decent.

#10 Posted by lifeinthefridge (9 posts) -
#11 Posted by Death_Burnout (3793 posts) -
Jeff said:
"Pretty sure that demo is the same thing I played back at TGS. Didn't like it at all, felt like there was way too much QTE stuff in it."
i actually like that.
#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15855 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

I think we played different demos then.  In the demo here you have an intro of QTE- you're basically landing from your helicopter, then that's it.
There was a part which I thought upon seeing the earlier videos was a quicktime, but turned out being playable- you were running down a building and basically kicking some ass.

--- actually, if its what gametrailers has, its the same. 

"

There's way more QTE then that... What about all the humping out of the windows, and all the boss fight QTE's...

#13 Posted by Shadow (4978 posts) -

This game (if the demo has anything to say about it) is mediocre at best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.