DLC weapon skins screenshots.

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201203/17011380.html

Courtesy of Famitsu it seems. If you haven't heard there WILL be more weapons for the game other than the Dragon Sword but they will be DLC weapons. The first set of weapons is FREE. And includes the Eclipse Scythe and The Talon Claws. Sucks that it has to be DLC but honestly, I'm still pumped for the game and I'm glad they are free! GIVE ME THE LUNAR STAFF PRONTO~!

#2 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

At least they are free. I still don't know how they can release the game with one weapon. Hopefully the game is good.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: I'm going to guess because they want the player to play with the Dragon Sword on the first playthrough. The Dragon Sword is central to the story.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

Oh and I should also point out you DO get to use 3 different Katana's during the game. The Dragon Sword, Hayate's Jinran-Maru and Genshin's Sword.

#5 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2221 posts) -

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume all the weapons are already on the disk.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: I'm going to guess because they want the player to play with the Dragon Sword on the first playthrough. The Dragon Sword is central to the story.

If they are making the gameplay more limited for the sake of the story in a Ninja Gaiden game their priorities are backwards.

I'm hoping the different katanas play very distinctly.

#7 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume all the weapons are already on the disk.

Don't worry, even if they aren't, Capcom already has that covered!

#8 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

I'm still conflicted on whether I'm going to get this or not.

#9 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: it's always the same weapon, since that the weapons aren't upgradable. that's the vibe that the OXM review gave, anyway. i'm assuming that means that they all play exactly the same but i don't know. i just don't see different feels for the different swords happening but hopefully i'm wrong.

#10 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

@AjayRaz: Yeah, I read the same review and got the same impression but am hoping it's not the case. It was not a very useful review though; I would have like the reviewer to go into specifics instead of just describing the content of the game. I feel that very few reviews will actually tell me what I want to know about the game. Just the way they are written.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

@AjayRaz: I think the button presses might be the same but some of the actual animations are slightly different. Take for example the 5 minute trailer of Ryu on the ship which is posted on GB here. You can see him multiple times do the exact sequence for the Izuna drop the "drop" itself is slightly different animation than the Dragon Sword Izuna. I do believe it looks similar to the same animation you get when using BotA in NG2/NGS2 which makes sense because it looks like The Blade of the Archfiend.

#12 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@Demoskinos: aha! good eye :p i noticed that too, but i figured that the dude was doing a different input. different animations seems pretty awesome. i think i noticed some different steel-on-bone animations once Ryu gets the Jin-maru now that you mention it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.