Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

Ninja Gaiden 3 is the first main entry in the modern Ninja Gaiden series not to be directed by former Team Ninja head Tomonobu Itagaki. NG3 features new game mechanics, a focus on consequence and 8-player online modes.

So, this game is getting pooped on so far in reviews.

• 121 results
    phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By phantomzxro

@Hailinel said:

@Demoskinos

@phantomzxro: Speak for yourself. I'm a die hard Gaiden fan and counting down the hours until Midnight so I can go snag a PS3 copy at Wal-mart. People like to boo-hoo because of change. I'm looking at these changes as a positive.

Same here. I won't be lining up for it at midnight, but I'm willing to see it for myself.

@Demoskinos said:

@phantomzxro: Speak for yourself. I'm a die hard Gaiden fan and counting down the hours until Midnight so I can go snag a PS3 copy at Wal-mart. People like to boo-hoo because of change. I'm looking at these changes as a positive.

I have said earlier that i'm sure some die hard fans will still jump on this game and may still even enjoy it. Just like some die hard fans will eat up the new devil may cry game.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By upwarDBound

Sounds about right from what I have seen.

I was a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden for Xbox completing it numerous times. NG 2 was good but didn't have the same magic as the first while NG 3 absolutely looks like trash in my opininon. I wasn't a fan of the series for the story or characters, I was a fan for the gameplay. Something that Itagaki and Team Ninja excelled all others at. This game just looks like a pathetic attempt to keep the franchise alive, all the while spitting in the face of series fans.

If you want crazy and stupid, play Ninja Blade. It has better QTEs and a similarly absurd story. Also from what I have seen of Ninja Gaiden 3 the combat is also better in Ninja Blade.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By OneManX

From looking, it looks like everything that made Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden, is pretty much gone. All the gameplay vids, i've seen has just seem dull, and i have a friend playing it and he is hating every second of it (only playing to review on our podcast). So yeah.. I guess I'll go back to NG2 and praying that DMC reboot is good.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#104  Edited By ez123

@OneManX said:

From looking, it looks like everything that made Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden, is pretty much gone. All the gameplay vids, i've seen has just seem dull, and i have a friend playing it and he is hating every second of it (only playing to review on our podcast). So yeah.. I guess I'll go back to NG2 and praying that DMC reboot is good.

I'm kinda looking forward to Revengeance. Realistically though, NG2 might be the last of these type of games that I really like. I have no interest in Bayonetta either, the NG gameplay was unmatched.

Dragon_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Dragon_Blade

NG3 is dope.. Nuff said. IGN can paper cut themselves to death. IGN is just mad cuz TN didn't pay them like IW does to rate their stupid CoD games. We all know reviewers get paid for good reviews.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Dragon_Blade said:

NG3 is dope.. Nuff said. IGN can paper cut themselves to death. IGN is just mad cuz TN didn't pay them like IW does to rate their stupid CoD games. We all know reviewers get paid for good reviews.

Or you know, opinions.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By landon

@Dragon_Blade said:

I think you paid full price for a terrible game, and now you are going around trying to justify your purchase.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Cloudenvy said:

@Dragon_Blade said:

Or you know, opinions.

Yeah. As a fan of NG, fuck this game. Not super hard and only one spell thing? Lame. Not NG as far as I'm concerned. But that's just my take on it. Dragon_Blade will probably flip shit at this but whatever, he can't be older than 13.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TentPole

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Dragon_Blade said:

Or you know, opinions.

Yeah. As a fan of NG, fuck this game. Not super hard and only one spell thing? Lame. Not NG as far as I'm concerned. But that's just my take on it. Dragon_Blade will probably flip shit at this but whatever, he can't be older than 13.

The game has a lot of flaws but lack of difficulty is not one of them. Playing on hard it will kick your ass and there are more difficulties above that. That being said, this game still has MANY flaws, but I like it regardless.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By mikey87144

It sucks as a fan. Everything they changed is what fans like myself liked.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Karl_Boss

It sounds similar to Ninja Blade and I loved Ninja Blade......I'll definitely be picking this up when it drops in price.

Dragon_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Dragon_Blade

@Landon Nope sorry dude but I actually enjoy the game. @ Macabre so because I choose to stick up for a game that I like it makes me a young teenager? Lol classic dude.. And btw I'm 28. ( someone prolly feels like a

El_Galant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By El_Galant

I just finished the game and it is an average action game. Unfortunately its flaws outweigh the good points in the game, which are overused. There is only one cool boss in the game and you have to defeat him 3 or 4 times, hence the overuse part in that sense. The multiplayer is fun and better as it entails enemies from the previous games plus the controls are tighter. The story in the main game is corny, the graphics are solid, so overall an okay that I enjoyed. Not a def recommend on the purchase until it makes to the 20 bucks range. I rate it a 6.8/10.0.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

@Milkman: Yeah, it really is sad when once great developers turn sour...

Rare, Team Ninja, Infinity Ward, all those re branded EA developers.

Even though they haven't turned out anything like they used to, Rare definitely haven't turned sour. There was a fantastic article on them recently and the reasons behind their decline.

*tries to find said article*

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#116  Edited By Sambambo

@GetEveryone said:

@big_jon said:

Even though they haven't turned out anything like they used to, Rare definitely haven't turned sour. There was a fantastic article on them recently and the reasons behind their decline.

Disregarding the Kinect stuff, their 360 output has been outstanding.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By countinhallways
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#118  Edited By big_jon

@SuperSambo said:

@GetEveryone said:

@big_jon said:

Disregarding the Kinect stuff, their 360 output has been outstanding.

Don't get me wrong I really love Rare, if you look at some of my lists you will see I am a very big fan of their work, but I feel that Banjo-Kazooie N&B is probably the last great game we will see from them.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By big_jon
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Azteck

I love the series but the 3rd installment just seems dull in comparison to the brutality of the first two.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By big_jon

"My seven-year-old son woke me up a couple mornings ago because he couldn't find Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts," he says. "As you might imagine, he has lots of games to choose from in our house. But that's the one he wanted to play. That game, of all the games. It says to me that there is still some magic left at Rare."

This made me smile, and almost brought a tear to my eye.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

@countinhallways said:

@GetEveryone: I think this is probably what you are looking for:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-08-who-killed-rare

Thanks, this is something I really wanted to read.

Yes! Thanks, man. Was planning on showing this to my brother, so cheers for doing the googling for me :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.