Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 03, 2008

The sequel to Ninja Gaiden; A high-difficulty, ninja-themed, hack-and-slash title.

Ninja Gaiden 2 still not fixed......seriously Tecmo?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ket87

For weeks now the game has been broken, the game crippling bug in Chapter 14 has yet to be fixed even after a few updates. Tecmo is really dropping the ball and Microsoft for that matter for not enforcing any standards or putting pressure on a solution. And I'd imagine I'm not the only one who spent their $60 on the game and for a month had to let it sit collecting dust on a shelf while unable to even complete the game a mere 10-15 minutes from its conclusion. Really what the hell is going on? I don't follow things closely enough outside of what I hear on sites like this but could someone following it more closely shed some light on just what is going with this situation? Last I heard people were going to file suit, as if that would ever work but a month has gone by and it still doesn't work something gotta be wrong.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Well, Tecmo is getting sued out the ass.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Vaxadrin

The worst part is, it's a bug caused by a patch to facilitate the addition of a $10 expansion pack, which I bought.  So I spent $70 on a game that now does not work. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Uhh... doubt it son; the creator left, the company president left, and so did the whole team, plus everyone is sueing them... so yeah, fix the game? Least of their worries.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By BlindEffekt

Well that's a shit move on Tecmo's behalf then

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Lies

Lulz, they are having some corporate troubles atm. Itagaki, as well as a few other Team Ninja dudes quit/ wre fired, and now the president of Tecmo just resigned. I think they have other things to deal with.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlindEffekt

No more monster rancher games then? =[

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BlindEffekt said:
    "No more monster rancher games then? =["
    Somebody will buy the license.
    10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 10MP
    Ket87 said:
    "For weeks now the game has been broken, the game crippling bug in Chapter 14 has yet to be fixed even after a few updates. Tecmo is really dropping the ball and Microsoft for that matter for not enforcing any standards or putting pressure on a solution. And I'd imagine I'm not the only one who spent their $60 on the game and for a month had to let it sit collecting dust on a shelf while unable to even complete the game a mere 10-15 minutes from its conclusion. Really what the hell is going on? I don't follow things closely enough outside of what I hear on sites like this but could someone following it more closely shed some light on just what is going with this situation? Last I heard people were going to file suit, as if that would ever work but a month has gone by and it still doesn't work something gotta be wrong."
    you can clear the cache and when u boot up the game choose not to install the update.
    BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlindEffekt
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "BlindEffekt said:
    "No more monster rancher games then? =["
    Somebody will buy the license."
    I hope so. Or the little kid inside me will die.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vaxadrin
    10MP said:
    "Ket87 said:
    "For weeks now the game has been broken, the game crippling bug in Chapter 14 has yet to be fixed even after a few updates. Tecmo is really dropping the ball and Microsoft for that matter for not enforcing any standards or putting pressure on a solution. And I'd imagine I'm not the only one who spent their $60 on the game and for a month had to let it sit collecting dust on a shelf while unable to even complete the game a mere 10-15 minutes from its conclusion. Really what the hell is going on? I don't follow things closely enough outside of what I hear on sites like this but could someone following it more closely shed some light on just what is going with this situation? Last I heard people were going to file suit, as if that would ever work but a month has gone by and it still doesn't work something gotta be wrong."
    you can clear the cache and when u boot up the game choose not to install the update."
    But then you can't play it online, and leaderboards are half the fun of games like this.
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Bennyishere

I never had an issue with Chapter 14, but I get a Xbox Guide prompt to connect my storage device even though it's connected. I have to play offline because of that, since it pops up two seconds after I close the prompt. I don't mind, it's still an awesome game.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clean

Tecmo is going down hill since that game got released

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 10MP
    Vaxadrin said:
    "10MP said:
    "Ket87 said:
    you can clear the cache and when u boot up the game choose not to install the update."
    But then you can't play it online, and leaderboards are half the fun of games like this."
    ill accept that when you show me your 50+ hour POTMN run to even compete for top of the leaderboards.
    Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bear

I just recently bought this game about a week ago, very annoyed to figure out that I won't be able to finish the game for a while. Of the amount of times I have died I'm probably not going to finish the game any time soon anyway so hopefully it won't be that big a deal to me. Also feel pretty lucky that I didn't pay $60 like some unfortunate people for this to happen to me.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vaxadrin

Oh the main leaderboards are broken thanks to that exploit.  I'm talking about competing against my non-cheater friends with mentor runs. (fuck that master ninja incendiary spam bullshit)

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By normajean777

lol this just keeps getting worse and worse for tecmo

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By DualReaver

Back to NG:B!

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Wolverine

Yeah its disappointing that game is broken.

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 10MP
    Vaxadrin said:
    "Oh the main leaderboards are broken thanks to that exploit.  I'm talking about competing against my non-cheater friends with mentor runs. (fuck that master ninja incendiary spam bullshit)"
    IS ninjas are easy just ID them with claws.Bear said:
    "I just recently bought this game about a week ago, very annoyed to figure out that I won't be able to finish the game for a while. Of the amount of times I have died I'm probably not going to finish the game any time soon anyway so hopefully it won't be that big a deal to me. Also feel pretty lucky that I didn't pay $60 like some unfortunate people for this to happen to me."
    just clear the cache.
    PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PharoahCapcom
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Well, Tecmo is getting sued out the ass."
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By LightYagami245
    Sentry said:
    "Uhh... doubt it son; the creator left, the company president left, and so did the whole team, plus everyone is sueing them... so yeah, fix the game? Least of their worries."
    Right. You probably won't see a patch for fixing that for a few months in the least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.