Ninja Gaiden 2 still not fixed......seriously Tecmo?

#1 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

For weeks now the game has been broken, the game crippling bug in Chapter 14 has yet to be fixed even after a few updates. Tecmo is really dropping the ball and Microsoft for that matter for not enforcing any standards or putting pressure on a solution. And I'd imagine I'm not the only one who spent their $60 on the game and for a month had to let it sit collecting dust on a shelf while unable to even complete the game a mere 10-15 minutes from its conclusion. Really what the hell is going on? I don't follow things closely enough outside of what I hear on sites like this but could someone following it more closely shed some light on just what is going with this situation? Last I heard people were going to file suit, as if that would ever work but a month has gone by and it still doesn't work something gotta be wrong.

#2 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Well, Tecmo is getting sued out the ass.

#3 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

The worst part is, it's a bug caused by a patch to facilitate the addition of a $10 expansion pack, which I bought.  So I spent $70 on a game that now does not work. :(

#4 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Uhh... doubt it son; the creator left, the company president left, and so did the whole team, plus everyone is sueing them... so yeah, fix the game? Least of their worries.

#5 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Well that's a shit move on Tecmo's behalf then

#6 Posted by Lies (3868 posts) -

Lulz, they are having some corporate troubles atm. Itagaki, as well as a few other Team Ninja dudes quit/ wre fired, and now the president of Tecmo just resigned. I think they have other things to deal with.

#7 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

No more monster rancher games then? =[

#8 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
BlindEffekt said:
"No more monster rancher games then? =["
Somebody will buy the license.
#9 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -
Ket87 said:
"For weeks now the game has been broken, the game crippling bug in Chapter 14 has yet to be fixed even after a few updates. Tecmo is really dropping the ball and Microsoft for that matter for not enforcing any standards or putting pressure on a solution. And I'd imagine I'm not the only one who spent their $60 on the game and for a month had to let it sit collecting dust on a shelf while unable to even complete the game a mere 10-15 minutes from its conclusion. Really what the hell is going on? I don't follow things closely enough outside of what I hear on sites like this but could someone following it more closely shed some light on just what is going with this situation? Last I heard people were going to file suit, as if that would ever work but a month has gone by and it still doesn't work something gotta be wrong."
you can clear the cache and when u boot up the game choose not to install the update.
#10 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"No more monster rancher games then? =["
Somebody will buy the license."
I hope so. Or the little kid inside me will die.
#11 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
10MP said:
"Ket87 said:
"For weeks now the game has been broken, the game crippling bug in Chapter 14 has yet to be fixed even after a few updates. Tecmo is really dropping the ball and Microsoft for that matter for not enforcing any standards or putting pressure on a solution. And I'd imagine I'm not the only one who spent their $60 on the game and for a month had to let it sit collecting dust on a shelf while unable to even complete the game a mere 10-15 minutes from its conclusion. Really what the hell is going on? I don't follow things closely enough outside of what I hear on sites like this but could someone following it more closely shed some light on just what is going with this situation? Last I heard people were going to file suit, as if that would ever work but a month has gone by and it still doesn't work something gotta be wrong."
you can clear the cache and when u boot up the game choose not to install the update."
But then you can't play it online, and leaderboards are half the fun of games like this.
#12 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I never had an issue with Chapter 14, but I get a Xbox Guide prompt to connect my storage device even though it's connected. I have to play offline because of that, since it pops up two seconds after I close the prompt. I don't mind, it's still an awesome game.

#13 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

Tecmo is going down hill since that game got released

#14 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"10MP said:
"Ket87 said:
"For weeks now the game has been broken, the game crippling bug in Chapter 14 has yet to be fixed even after a few updates. Tecmo is really dropping the ball and Microsoft for that matter for not enforcing any standards or putting pressure on a solution. And I'd imagine I'm not the only one who spent their $60 on the game and for a month had to let it sit collecting dust on a shelf while unable to even complete the game a mere 10-15 minutes from its conclusion. Really what the hell is going on? I don't follow things closely enough outside of what I hear on sites like this but could someone following it more closely shed some light on just what is going with this situation? Last I heard people were going to file suit, as if that would ever work but a month has gone by and it still doesn't work something gotta be wrong."
you can clear the cache and when u boot up the game choose not to install the update."
But then you can't play it online, and leaderboards are half the fun of games like this."
ill accept that when you show me your 50+ hour POTMN run to even compete for top of the leaderboards.
#15 Posted by Bear (247 posts) -

I just recently bought this game about a week ago, very annoyed to figure out that I won't be able to finish the game for a while. Of the amount of times I have died I'm probably not going to finish the game any time soon anyway so hopefully it won't be that big a deal to me. Also feel pretty lucky that I didn't pay $60 like some unfortunate people for this to happen to me.

#16 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Oh the main leaderboards are broken thanks to that exploit.  I'm talking about competing against my non-cheater friends with mentor runs. (fuck that master ninja incendiary spam bullshit)

#17 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

lol this just keeps getting worse and worse for tecmo

#18 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Back to NG:B!

#19 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

Yeah its disappointing that game is broken.

#20 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"Oh the main leaderboards are broken thanks to that exploit.  I'm talking about competing against my non-cheater friends with mentor runs. (fuck that master ninja incendiary spam bullshit)"
IS ninjas are easy just ID them with claws.Bear said:
"I just recently bought this game about a week ago, very annoyed to figure out that I won't be able to finish the game for a while. Of the amount of times I have died I'm probably not going to finish the game any time soon anyway so hopefully it won't be that big a deal to me. Also feel pretty lucky that I didn't pay $60 like some unfortunate people for this to happen to me."
just clear the cache.
#21 Posted by PharoahCapcom (480 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"Well, Tecmo is getting sued out the ass."
#22 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Uhh... doubt it son; the creator left, the company president left, and so did the whole team, plus everyone is sueing them... so yeah, fix the game? Least of their worries."
Right. You probably won't see a patch for fixing that for a few months in the least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.