Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 03, 2008

The sequel to Ninja Gaiden; A high-difficulty, ninja-themed, hack-and-slash title.

People who ENJOY this game must be masochistic...

• 53 results
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Whisperkill

I mean seriously, I cant play this game for long without fucking screaming at whoever happens to walk past me. I want to tear my hair out and punch Itagaki in the face...

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I love this game. Sure it's hard and often times cheap but i definitely thought it was fun. It took me a little bit to settle into the difficulty but it's not too bad.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Ooh man, I still haven't gotten around to playing this, is it that bad?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok
    TooWalrus said:
    "Ooh man, I still haven't gotten around to playing this, is it that bad?"
    Nope, it's a great game.
    10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By 10MP

I think it takes awhile to learn but once you do it's not that hard.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheFreeMan

This game really isn't as tough as I thought it would be, although it's difficulty level is horribly unbalanced.

I literally had more trouble with one normal ninja than some of the bosses at times.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Am I the only person who has beaten this on Master Ninja? 
    Hard, hard fucking game, worse than the first.  But my god, so satisfying. Path of the warrior is pretty easy though.  Well, relatively speaking. 

The thing about Ninja Gaiden is that you can actually get better at it like a mp shooter.   After you complete path of the warrior, you can go back to the begining levels and it'll seem easy.  Same goes for any other difficulty above.  I guess you might want to compare it to a fighting game more so.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

Once you get the groove, it becomes easier. Blocking is your friend in this game.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

People who play a lot of this are people who don't mind putting up with something that's really dumb.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpecTackle
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "People who play a lot of this are people who don't mind putting up with something that's really dumb."
    Or you know, enjoy fast and challenging action/fighting games.
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    ColumnBreaker said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    "People who play a lot of this are people who don't mind putting up with something that's really dumb."
    Or you know, enjoy fast and challenging action/fighting games."
    Or, you know, dumb action/fighting games.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I haven't gotten around to beating it yet, but it's pretty fun though the gameplay mechanics are average and old fashioned. I don't find the boss fights any fun, though. It's not even that frustrating, because most of the time it's just cheap bullshit and I have to sit through the long wait that comes after death five or twenty times before I finally find a weakness in that cheapass thing the bosses do that ends up taking all of your health in one or two hits.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpecTackle
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "ColumnBreaker said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    Or, you know, dumb action/fighting games."
    Clever retort. No really, did you strain yourself? I think the fact that you yourself don't enjoy the game is evidence enough that it requires more than an average level of understanding and wit to play through, judging by the quality of your posts. Maybe the DS version is more up your simple minded alley?
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iamjohn

It's awesome. :|

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By Icemael

I agree, they must be masochists. I'm not saying that because of the difficulty(I like some difficulty in my games), but because of the horrible, horrible camera.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Whisperkill said:
    "I mean seriously, I cant play this game for long without fucking screaming at whoever happens to walk past me. I want to tear my hair out and punch Itagaki in the face..."
    Don't bother, Itagaki already looks like he's been punched in the face. More than a couple times. I'm taking a break from NGII to pursue other achievements, but currently have 800/1000 in this game. Yea a better camera would be awesome. Plus it's more unfair than difficult, you know? Like why do I have to rely on invulnerable frames rather than my skill. Why must you give every fucking enemy a grab that lasts way too long. Why must you put incendiary shurikens in this game. WHY!? I'll keep playing though. Level 3 on Mentor. Fuck shit up.
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    ColumnBreaker said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    "ColumnBreaker said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    Clever retort. No really, did you strain yourself? I think the fact that you yourself don't enjoy the game is evidence enough that it requires more than an average level of understanding and wit to play through, judging by the quality of your posts. Maybe the DS version is more up your simple minded alley?"
    If you honestly think that playing through NG 2 takes an amount of intelligence there must be something wrong with you.  For the entire first half of the game you don't have to block or counter.  All you have to do is run up and start slashing enemies.  There is no strategy to it just mashing buttons.  There are no choices to what you will doing or where you will be going.  And a little past half way into the game the difficulty goes from challenging to cheap.  It's nice to see how upset you got with someone saying this game is dumb though.  It must be hitting a little close to home.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MKHavoc

This game actually wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be.  Just make sure you buy the eclipse scythe as soon as possible.  That makes the game much easier.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpecTackle
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "ColumnBreaker said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    "ColumnBreaker said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    Clever retort. No really, did you strain yourself? I think the fact that you yourself don't enjoy the game is evidence enough that it requires more than an average level of understanding and wit to play through, judging by the quality of your posts. Maybe the DS version is more up your simple minded alley?"
    If you honestly think that playing through NG 2 takes an amount of intelligence there must be something wrong with you.  For the entire first half of the game you don't have to block or counter.  All you have to do is run up and start slashing enemies.  There is no strategy to it just mashing buttons.  There are no choices to what you will doing or where you will be going.  And a little past half way into the game the difficulty goes from challenging to cheap.  It's nice to see how upset you got with someone saying this game is dumb though.  It must be hitting a little close to home."
    We must've been playing different games, or you must've been playing on easy. Also don't flatter yourself, I get upset when my dog pisses on the carpet or when I'm cut off in traffic. Internet morons aint no thang.
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

If you don't get upset why have you responded to what I've said three times?  And why in your second response did you seem so clearly upset?  And why in your third response did you feel the need to imply that I'm bad at games?
    There are plenty of things in this world that I enjoy that are dumb.  If you get upset at someone saying something you like is dumb maybe you shouldn't try to communicate with people.  It probably isn't your strong suit so perhaps try something else.
    That said NG 2 is dumb.  The combat if fun at times but be realistic, it's dumb.  One of the bosses is an armadillo like monster that explodes.  If you somehow feel that's a sign of sophistication than good for you.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheFreeMan
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "That said NG 2 is dumb.  The combat if fun at times but be realistic, it's dumb.  One of the bosses is an armadillo like monster that explodes.  If you somehow feel that's a sign of sophistication than good for you."
    Cyborg/mech demons are the most sophisticated enemy released this gen, hands down.

I almost flipped out when I realized that those things were what they were.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpecTackle
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "

If you don't get upset why have you responded to what I've said three times?  And why in your second response did you seem so clearly upset?  And why in your third response did you feel the need to imply that I'm bad at games?
    There are plenty of things in this world that I enjoy that are dumb.  If you get upset at someone saying something you like is dumb maybe you shouldn't try to communicate with people.  It probably isn't your strong suit so perhaps try something else.
    That said NG 2 is dumb.  The combat if fun at times but be realistic, it's dumb.  One of the bosses is an armadillo like monster that explodes.  If you somehow feel that's a sign of sophistication than good for you.

"
    For the same reason that you've responded to what I've said every time. I think you're wrong, and I think you're projecting retarded expectations of a franchise known for it's over the top EVERYTHING. You can't have it both ways here, either you're stating the obvious or you're projecting your frustrations out on those who enjoy it for what it is simply because it kicked the shit out of you.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Well I wasn't aware that my taste in video games determined my sexual fancies, I guess I found something new about myself!

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By raven_squad

Wow... I actually thought NGII was ridiculously easy in comparison to it predecessor....

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    raven_squad said:
    "Wow... I actually thought NGII was ridiculously easy in comparison to it predecessor...."

It was.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Go play The Dishwasher on Samurai difficulty and then you'll know what hard means. The game wants you to see the future to be able to beat it on the hardest setting.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#27  Edited By Vinchenzo

I'm enjoying these comments where people say "it's easy" and other BS. What difficulty did you play it on? Let's be honest, what was your death count? Do you even know what an Izuna Drop is? The answer is most likely no, and in the case I'm wrong, I'd like a fully detailed response. Don't act so smug. NG II threw in an easier difficulty, which is Acolyte, because people were whining and bitching about how difficult NG was.

Keyser_Soze said:

"Go play The Dishwasher on Samurai difficulty and then you'll know what hard means. The game wants you to see the future to be able to beat it on the hardest setting."
    No, it's not more difficult. Sorry. Nice try.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28  Edited By the8bitNacho

Ninja Gaiden and it's sequel both are fun enough to dabble in, but yeah, I've never hated myself enough to play through the whole thing.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Whisperkill

Bosses that you have to fight against along with other enemies suck

Incinedary shurikens suck, and boss grabs are ridiculous...

NGB had a much smoother difficulty, and you rarely had to fight more than 4 enemies at once, I cant stand being pile drived by ten enemies with no room to counter between attacks
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I loved Ninja Gaiden. It was difficult, but it was fair. If you mastered the basics of blocking and attacking, then you could do okay. Ninja Gaiden 2 on the other hand is not only difficult, but also insanely cheap and unfair. In my opinion it's that feeling of being unfair that destroys any possibility of fun. Maybe I'm just not good enough or I need more practice, but this game is just too discouraging in difficulty and cheapness from the very start.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Linkyshinks

I love them all, for the difficulty, I hate piss easy games.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hungrynun

It's one of those games for me that feels awesome when you overcome a hard/cheap fight. I put a lot of time in it of course.

I enjoyed it quite heartily.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    Vinchenzo said:
    Keyser_Soze said:
    "Go play The Dishwasher on Samurai difficulty and then you'll know what hard means. The game wants you to see the future to be able to beat it on the hardest setting."
    No, it's not more difficult. Sorry. Nice try."
    Yes it is. Fail try.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Metroid545

just keep practicing and you will get it. As for me I love the difficulty

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By StarFoxA

This game is one of the hardest games I have ever played. Unlike a lot of people, I would (for once) like an incredibly easy, and not frustrating game, as most games these days have me screaming and swearing at my TV, either due to issues within the game itself, or difficulty so high that I can't play it without dying once every minute.

Maybe I just suck at games.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Metroid545
    @StarFoxA said:
    " This game is one of the hardest games I have ever played. Unlike a lot of people, I would (for once) like an incredibly easy, and not frustrating game, as most games these days have me screaming and swearing at my TV, either due to issues within the game itself, or difficulty so high that I can't play it without dying once every minute. "
    Like I said you just got to get into the game and get a feel for it. Once your there the game is awesome! Most games are fun for a bit but once you get into it its really not that special.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By mike

Off-screen enemies who always have rocket launchers or exploding shuriken completely ruined this game for me. At a certain point it just wasn't fun anymore.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zityz

Ninja Gaiden 2 is no where near as hard as Black/Sigma is.

Theyre good good games. Not just for the hack'n'slash part but also the challange and atmosphere of the game. Also for the coked out leather bound big brested "ladies"

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Metroid545
    @zityz said:
    " Ninja Gaiden 2 is no where near as hard as Black/Sigma is.Theyre good good games. Not just for the hack'n'slash part but also the challange and atmosphere of the game. Also for the coked out leather bound big brested "ladies" "
    when ladies is in quotation marks you know your in for a treat or a horrible discovery
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By Cube

I hate Ninja Gaiden so much.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Metroid545
    @Cube said:
    " I hate Ninja Gaiden so much. "
    elaborate plz
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#42  Edited By sjschmidt93

I haven't played NG2. But I rented NG Sigma... oh my God. That game SUCKS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duh! Didn't you get the Special Edition version with the nipple clamps, leather corset and human sized cattle prod?

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bubahula

its a badass awesome game

Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45  Edited By Clbull
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Ooh man, I still haven't gotten around to playing this, is it that bad? "
    I tried getting past the first level on the Warrior difficulty level (second difficulty level). The boss is very cheap. Even if you block, he grabs you, and takes out over half of your health in one huge unescapeable combo. Sure its meant to be dodged, but its very hard to do so. I don't think I've seen a boss that cheap since the final boss of DOA4.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Whisperkill

Ths difficulty spike from easy to normal is RIDICULOUS, I got through easy without really blocking

but Warrior is IMPOSSIBLE, im on the level in some eurpoean country (italy or something) when you have to fight the werewolves, god I want to shoot someone, Id be a lot easier if I had my damn scythe.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By spankingaddict

the controls in ninja gaiden sucked in my opion, thats why i dont play em.. try god of war

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mordukai
    @Whisperkill: The first, and only, Ninja Gaiden game I played was the one that came out for the original xbox and I remember HATING the camera system. It seemed it it the real enemy in the game. who ever worked on the camera angles for that game should be fired and be banned from ever doing camera angles in a video game2. From what I read that issue hasn't been resulved at all for the Ninja Gaiden II so I really have no intentions of playing this game, unless they fix it in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 but I doubt that. 
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By babblinmule
    @Whisperkill said:
    " Ths difficulty spike from easy to normal is RIDICULOUS, I got through easy without really blockingbut Warrior is IMPOSSIBLE, im on the level in some eurpoean country (italy or something) when you have to fight the werewolves, god I want to shoot someone, Id be a lot easier if I had my damn scythe. "

Certain enemies are weak to certain weapons. So try using the staff on those werewolves - its like spreading butter with werewolf blood.
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By amir90

Screaming is half the fun, lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.