Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 29, 2009

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a PS3-exclusive enhanced port of Ninja Gaiden II, which was released for the Xbox 360 in 2008. It is the sequel to the first Ninja Gaiden Sigma, which too was an enhanced version of the original Ninja Gaiden for Xbox.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Rant

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Edited By killroycantkill
    With the latest news from Eurogamer about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 I am actually kind of angry. When I first heard of the news that Ninja Gaiden 2 was coming to the PS3 I was very excited. The thought of news levels, new enemy types and new characters to play with sounded super fun. But now that the news came out that the new director was taking it in a new.... non gory, casual direction I was kind of unsold on the game.

Ninja Gaiden in my mind is all about the stylish action and intense difficulty. With the announcement of the game only having two difficulty modes and the blood being removed from the game but being replaced with a purple mist sounds like they are trying to go for a broader audience on what we all know is a "hardcore" game. I could see if the purple mist came out of feind characters but I think we all know the humans bleed..... you know, blood. There has also been talk of DLC content "that will be meaningful and will extend to the experience. This to me screams "We're going to release the difficulty modes later to milk some money you of you guys".

Don't get me wrong the new additions to the game sound awesome and the co-op features are just getting me anxious to take my ninja skills online but these so called "new features" just sound straight up weird to me. Maybe the new producer Yosuke Hayashi has something against Tomonobu Itagaki or something but taking the game in this new artsy way just doesn’t sell to me. They could have had the purple mist as an option while also leaving the blood in like Gears 2 style violence filter. If they sell difficulty levels as DLC so help me I'm probably going to buy them, I guess I'm just part of the problem as well.

This is also posted up on my blog over at ExtraLives

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By killroycantkill
    With the latest news from Eurogamer about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 I am actually kind of angry. When I first heard of the news that Ninja Gaiden 2 was coming to the PS3 I was very excited. The thought of news levels, new enemy types and new characters to play with sounded super fun. But now that the news came out that the new director was taking it in a new.... non gory, casual direction I was kind of unsold on the game.

Ninja Gaiden in my mind is all about the stylish action and intense difficulty. With the announcement of the game only having two difficulty modes and the blood being removed from the game but being replaced with a purple mist sounds like they are trying to go for a broader audience on what we all know is a "hardcore" game. I could see if the purple mist came out of feind characters but I think we all know the humans bleed..... you know, blood. There has also been talk of DLC content "that will be meaningful and will extend to the experience. This to me screams "We're going to release the difficulty modes later to milk some money you of you guys".

Don't get me wrong the new additions to the game sound awesome and the co-op features are just getting me anxious to take my ninja skills online but these so called "new features" just sound straight up weird to me. Maybe the new producer Yosuke Hayashi has something against Tomonobu Itagaki or something but taking the game in this new artsy way just doesn’t sell to me. They could have had the purple mist as an option while also leaving the blood in like Gears 2 style violence filter. If they sell difficulty levels as DLC so help me I'm probably going to buy them, I guess I'm just part of the problem as well.

This is also posted up on my blog over at ExtraLives

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

As long as they keep the big ass titties, I'm alright with it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "As long as they keep the big ass titties, I'm alright with it."
    XD
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

I actually hadn't heard about this; what the hell, man?

I was going to say "I hope it's better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma was," but now I don't think it will even be better than NG2.  Oh well, this'll probably be the last Ninja Gaiden anyway. :(
    DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By DevilishSix

If they make it less bloody, I will be disappointed, but not as much so if they take out dismemberment, because dismemberment plays a major role in the gameplay....that removing that will completely break the game for me.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

As long as Momiji still has little orgasms, I'm alright with it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Are they seriously removing the blood and gore from fucking Ninja Gaiden? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If the dismemberment is gone as well, since it played such a huge part in the actual gameplay, they've changed way too much and it won't even be worth trying.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By weltal

Dude, what? All NG2 is isgore! Lopping off limbs and watch a fountain of blood gush out is pretty satisfying. And when the game repeatedly beats you down it feels great to get that kind of satisfaction from a kill.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Weltal said:
    " Dude, what? All NG2 is isgore! Lopping off limbs and watch a fountain of blood gush out is pretty satisfying. And when the game repeatedly beats you down it feels great to get that kind of satisfaction from a kill. "

Yea, it's pretty fucking lame, and coming from Team Ninja it's even more shocking. The excuse the director makes is laughable, it makes him seem like a idiot. If it's a company decision, then I can understand, nad he's not at fault, but even if it is, it's even more worrying. It would prompt me to say Team Ninja is dead in some knee jerk fashion.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bubahula

that takes everything i love about it and flushes it down the crapper

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.