Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden

Franchise »

Ninja Gaiden is a fast-paced action platformer starring the ninja Ryu Hayabusa. The series is well-known for its difficulty due to enemy placement and level design.

Forgot how much this gets the blood pumping...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So to prepare for Ninja Gaiden 3 and get myself in fighting shape I've decided to play through both Sigma games. I would have gone for the Xbox versions but... I already have save files on the Ps3 which means I can jump right into Hard Mode. And man, just played through the first level and Instantly reminded of why I love this franchise. A split second mis-calculation and your done.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

It's 2012 and there's still not a sicker action game. A timeless classic.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Deusx

I'm sorry for you then because Black is the best Ninja Gaiden ever and nothing will top that. NG2 was ok and NG3 looks really bad from the gameplay trailers I've seen.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By musubi

@Grissefar: Indeed. You can call Itagaki a pervert a ego maniac or whatever you want to but fact is... the man KNEW what he was fucking doing when He made this game.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By TomA

@Deusx: Your pic is great btw.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CptBedlam

@Demoskinos said:

I already have save files on the Ps3 which means I can jump right into Hard Mode.

The non-Sigma versions (360 versions... Black and 2) are way harder.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By musubi

@CptBedlam: Yeah, I know this but again... I don't have hard mode unlocked on them because I don't have saves anymore and besides that I'm going to be getting NG3 on the PS3 so I wanted to get used to playing it on the Dualshock again.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grissefar

@CptBedlam said:

@Demoskinos said:

I already have save files on the Ps3 which means I can jump right into Hard Mode.

The non-Sigma versions (360 versions... Black and 2) are way harder.

Don't be a liar, that's not true for 1.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CptBedlam

@Grissefar: It's easier than Black.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By kgb0515

It's just a shame that they seem to have changed the fundamental game play elements in NG3 to the point that it deviates pretty noticeably from the formula that made Ninja Gaiden great. I don't really want a morality system in my NG, I just want to slice dudes with crazy weapons.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grissefar

@CptBedlam said:

I don't think a slightly less crappy camera, an extra save statue and one less platform section counts as "way easier". For 2, sure because the difference there is night and day.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CptBedlam

@Grissefar said:

@CptBedlam said:

I don't think a slightly less crappy camera, an extra save statue and one less platform section counts as "way easier". For 2, sure because the difference there is night and day.

Nah, they also tweaked the difficulty of some enemies.

Here's a quote from the IGN review (I know but it's the first thing I found on google)

"Sigma is essentially a remix of the original game and Black, offering up some of Black's additions like the Mission mode, while going back to the original's difficulty level (though it's still certainly not easy)."

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grissefar

@CptBedlam said:

@Grissefar said:

@CptBedlam said:

Nah, they also tweaked the difficulty of some enemies.

Here's a quote from the IGN review (I know but it's the first thing I found on google)

"Sigma is essentially a remix of the original game and Black, offering up some of Black's additions like the Mission mode, while going back to the original's difficulty level (though it's still certainly not easy)."

Giving a reviewer a lot of credit there, a guy who played it probably once. Here's a quote from a guy who played both for thousands of hours with top 10 karma scores when I asked him some time ago:

There are some very minor mechanics changes in Sigma, mainly to do with animations like Ryu's evade and being able to juggle enemies longer and with different combos. There were also some changes made to when weapons became available on the higher difficulties, which is most notable in chapter 1. They also included and reworked a lot of the missions in mission mode.

Anyway, sick game and I'm probably the only one to be excited about the lack of items, weapons and UT spam in the new one. I have faith in Hayashi, even though I probably shouldn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.