Angry Video Game Nerd: Ninja Gaiden

#1 Edited by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

Wait second, Ninja Gaiden is a good game right?  Well, yes, but it's one hard son of a bitch.  With The Nerd trying to beat this game with the help of a ninja, can he finally beat it after all these years?

This is one of my favorite episodes in recent memory that he has done.  So far he has had a good start in 2010 and I hope he keeps up with it.  Sit back and enjoy this ninja-fied episode of AVGN.

HIYEAH!

#2 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

haha awesome

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" haha awesome "
I know right?
#4 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" haha awesome "
I know right? "
Thumb training :D
#5 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

I have always been stupefied by the fact that they never incorporated any of the awesome music into the next-gen Ninja Gaiden games.

#6 Edited by Andheez (583 posts) -

Thinking back, I am pretty sure I stopped playing that game at EXACTLY the same point, too funny.

Though I somehow think I beat this game though, maybe I emulated through.

#7 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

I had totally forgotten that the soundtrack of the original Ninja Gaiden had some fantastic songs on it, the best of which was the one AVGN used in his training montage bit -- Act 4-2 忍者龍剣伝 "Ryu's Determination"

Thanks for posting the vid :D

#8 Posted by Meltac (2002 posts) -

Haha, that one was really good :D

#9 Edited by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Yeah, ALL the Ninja Gaiden games are pretty hard. Too bad the AVGN didn't do a crossover with the ninja from Ask a Ninja. :P I also would have liked him to mention the SNES trilogy cart, but I guess he didn't have that game. I think I remember hearing that the cart was a bit of a collector's item.

#10 Posted by Foggen (848 posts) -

I beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2.  I figured y'all should know that.

#11 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -
@Foggen said:
" I beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2.  I figured y'all should know that. "
Fuck. Nobody mess with this guy, you'll get hurt.
#12 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

that guy with the glasses is much more funny

#13 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3154 posts) -

That game takes an amount of balls that I don't have to finish.

#14 Posted by Hero_Swe (1149 posts) -

Necrothread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.