Ninja Theorys Enslaved got a....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

Enslaved got a 7 on GameInformer. A 7... I mean, that's not bad, but what if DMC comes like this. You want a 9 point type of game. Now can we really trust them with DMC? Doubt it. I haven't played Heavenly Sword or Enslaved but to give this company such a game as DMC doesn't sound like the best idea. Speaking of Heavenly Sword, GameInformer doesn't even have a review for it. Let's go with crappy Gamespot, they gave it a score of 8.5. But yeah. It says that Enslaveds'  gameplay is uneven. Know what? Read the review yourselves. Here it is: 

http://gameinformer.com/games/enslaved/b/xbox360/archive/2010/10/01/a-strong-story-sideswiped-by-uneven-gameplay.aspx

Yeahhhhhhh.... Don't think DMC will be better then the originals... What do you think???

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5258 posts) -

So 7 is bad? 
 What the Hell.

#3 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

It also got a 9 on destructoid and a B+ on 1up.

I mean, look at Rocksteady and Arkham Asylum. They had, like, one kinda so-so game under their belt and ended up making a critically praised game. You can't always judge the quality of an upcoming game because of the studios previous games, is what I'm trying to say. Especially since Enslaved plays very little like DMC. But if you wanted to make some points about Heavenly Sword, I could roll with that, because those two games are at least in the same genre.

....uh, perchance not the quality of previous endeavors in the realm of virtual entertainment forever indicate the quality of future endeavors in the realm of virtual entertainment! You dig?

#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -

They already fucked up Dante hard enough. It's obvious they shouldn't be trusted with the series.

#5 Posted by ozzdog12 (861 posts) -

I hated Heavenly Sword, but i was impressed with the demo of Enslaved....I could care less about DMC

#6 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" So 7 is bad?  What the Hell. "
No, that's not bad. But games that get a 7 are really like "meh" to me, you know. They're just that game you stare at for hours straight before you make your decision to buy it or not.
#7 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5258 posts) -
@awesomeusername said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
No, that's not bad. But games that get a 7 are really like "meh" to me, you know. They're just that game you stare at for hours straight before you make your decision to buy it or not. "
7's tend to be a lot of peoples favourite games.
#8 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @awesomeusername said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
No, that's not bad. But games that get a 7 are really like "meh" to me, you know. They're just that game you stare at for hours straight before you make your decision to buy it or not. "
7's tend to be a lot of peoples favourite games. "
That is true, seeming I really liked Mirrors Edge. But I didn't even buy Mirrors Edge, I borrowed it and don't you prefer a Devil May Cry game with 9's. I think they should give this to another studio, but it won't happen. Do you want a different developer to handle this though? That's my question.
#9 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5258 posts) -
@awesomeusername: They need to hand it to a new studio for something new.  Sony did it but if they gave it to them it would be PS3 exclusive.  If they gave it to EA or Sega then they would have to share more of it.
#10 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -
@TheFreeMan said:
" It also got a 9 on destructoid and a B+ on 1up.  I mean, look at Rocksteady and Arkham Asylum. They had, like, one kinda so-so game under their belt and ended up making a critically praised game. You can't always judge the quality of an upcoming game because of the studios previous games, is what I'm trying to say. Especially since Enslaved plays very little like DMC. But if you wanted to make some points about Heavenly Sword, I could roll with that, because those two games are at least in the same genre.  ....uh, perchance not the quality of previous endeavors in the realm of virtual entertainment forever indicate the quality of future endeavors in the realm of virtual entertainment! You dig?   
Got a point with Enslaved not being the same, but idk, seems a bit risky to just throw DMC at them and tell them to do whatever the hell they want with it.
#11 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Umm....are you fucking serious? It also got 8's and 9's in every other review thusfar and looks brilliant. Every game gets a couple of 'bad' reviews (not that 7 is bad AT ALL) Halo Reach got like a 6 from somewhere, Mass Effect 2 got a 7 or two, Red Dead Redemption even got like a 7.5 from someone. You're clearly just anti-Ninja Theory and so are searching for any excuse to bad-mouth them, but this honestly makes you look retarded. Also, review scores for one game from a dev do NOT in any way whatsoever represent what the scores are going to be for their other games. Look at MercurySteam, they made Clive Barker's Jericho which was almost universally panned and has a metacritic of like 60, and then they go and make Castlevania: Lords of Shadow which is getting mostly rave reviews and last I checked has a metacritic of 85. 

Ninja Theory have made 2 big games so far (not including Kung Fu Chaos), both of them have been solid 8-9/10 games, and Enslaved looks a hell of a lot better than Heavenly Sword so they're clearly improving. I think DmC will end up being pretty brilliant and I look forward to seeing more of it and hopefully seeing how good it looks so annoying fanboys like you can stop bitching about them giving Dante a new effing haircut.

#12 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, but they can't hand it to them because Capcom owns DMC and they wouldn't give another publisher their game. They would have to find an independent developer, like Imsoniac or Valve or something. But right now, I can't really think of any studio that will make this game the game it needs to be. So everyone, cross your fingers Ninja Theory does something truly amazing with this game.
#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5258 posts) -
@awesomeusername said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, but they can't hand it to them because Capcom owns DMC and they wouldn't give another publisher their game.. "
Twas my point sir.
#14 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

This is the problem with rating games in general. People just look at the numbers and form an opinion based solely on that.

#15 Posted by TurboMan (7542 posts) -

Dead rising 2 got 3/5 on giantbomb, and Jeff says he loves it in many ways.

#16 Posted by dudeglove (7848 posts) -

OH HAI GUYZ LETS BITCH ABOUT A GAME THAT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET BECAUSE, Y'KNOW, WE DON'T LIKE THE TRAILER

#17 Posted by august (3845 posts) -

Someone might make a mediocre Devil May Cry game.

Someone call the cops. Inform the media. Write you congressman. Make threads on the internet.

#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -
@Raymayne: You got to calm yourself because I never said anything bad about Ninja Theory. I'm also not a fanboy because I've never really played a DMC besides part 4. I also liked the demo for Heavenly Sword and would love to get it. I could care less about the new Dante because I think he looks pretty cool. All I'm saying is that I think DMC should be handed to a different developer, my opinion. I'm not bashing anyone and everyone else out there saying that I'm complaining, I'm not. All I asked was a question. Now either answer it, or gtfo.
#19 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

Also, I could care less about a games graphics and characters, I just want a game that'll blow me away and I'm bringing up DMC because, as I just stated, I never really played any of them and I would like to punch myself for never playing one if this game comes out amazing. I have hopes for Ninja Theory making it a good game, I just don't want to have to risk it giving it to them.

#20 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -
I can't believe... you're worrying about DMC base on Enslaved. I found that ridiculous. Naughty Dog did not always make Uncharted, you know
#21 Posted by DXmagma (317 posts) -

GR gave it an 8, and i'm positive other sites gave it better and worse scores. none the less enslaved is nothing like DmC, it's more along the lines of jak and daxter. DmC is a much different game, and also simpler to create. with heavenly sword under their belt i'm sure ninja theory will do well on DmC.

#22 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" OH HAI GUYZ LETS BITCH ABOUT A GAME THAT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET BECAUSE, Y'KNOW, WE DON'T LIKE THE TRAILER "
This man is wise.
#23 Edited by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -
@nohthink said:

" I can't believe... you're worrying about DMC base on Enslaved. I found that ridiculous. Naughty Dog did not always make Uncharted, you know "

I'm worried about the gameplay mostly, not connecting the two really. It says the gameplay is uneven and that's the second thing I need games to have best. The gameplay is what really lowered it to a 7, because they say the story and characters are great, I just don't think that's enough though.I want DMC to have some awesome gameplay, I don't want it t be clunky or just button mashing or something. Plus, what do you mean Naughty Dog never really made Uncharted?
#24 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @awesomeusername said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, but they can't hand it to them because Capcom owns DMC and they wouldn't give another publisher their game.. "
Twas my point sir. "
Oh.>.< I knew that. I was testing you! See if your reading correctly, unlike others.-_-
#25 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Locked per OP's request.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.