it's like nintendo doesn't want me to buy stuff on here....

#1 Posted by SAC (110 posts) -

anyone else find it VERY hard to connect to the e-shop? i keep on getting error code 005-4240 EVERY TIME. been trying for the past half hour. i go and do a connection test and it connects to the internet really fast... even the internet browser loads pages really fast. really puzzled as to why this awful store will seemingly NEVER let me connect to it..... i just want crashmo =(

#2 Posted by DeF (4892 posts) -

Never had a single issue.

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -

Since it launched it has only ever been unable to connect once.

#4 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3393 posts) -

Hmm check to see if you have the latest firmware update for your 3ds.

#5 Posted by SAC (110 posts) -

my system is up to date, it says... on the error code screen, it said to go to support.nintendo.com so i did. i punched in my error code and all it said was the exact same information on my 3ds but now with a phone number instead of a website. great support, nintendo.

#6 Posted by sixpin (1292 posts) -

Been having the same problem. Only noticed it after a friend was having this error and asked me about it. When I checked my 3DS eShop app I got the 005-4240 error as well.

#7 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -

I had the exact same problem. I did find out that if I was standing right next to the router (as in, no more than about three feet away) it would connect to the store for what ever reason, so I'd just buy whatever it was I wanted to get and leave my 3DS on top of the router as it downloaded. That could have just been a quirk of my wi-fi, but it might be worth a shot.

#8 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

My problem isn't getting on the store, it's browsing it. The thing looks like a mess.

#9 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

i had problems galore on the store, initially i couldn't find points cards for 6 months, following that for about a month i couldnt get the points balance to update then once it did work downloads would take forever and thats after i spent an hour trying to find something. bad experience all round

#10 Posted by sixpin (1292 posts) -

eStore seems to be working again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.