Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS eShop

Platform »

The products that make up the various segments of Nintendo's 3DS eShop include new releases, updated version of old games, and emulated versions of old games.

Regular DS games on Eshop?

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Maybe I am not using the 3ds Eshop correctly but are there DS games on the eshop for 3ds? If they are there I can't find them and it seems odd that I can't because aren't all DS titles compatible with the 3ds?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Not yet, just like the GBA games the system already supports. Really, outside of a couple recent NES games, the VC has been horrible.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Some DS e-shop games are on the 3DS e-shop, but retail DS games are not.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah, Nintendo is really dragging their heels on the 3DS eShop. It has no DS games (nor has that possibility ever been acknowledged), no GBA games for sale (but the Ambassador thing gives you them for free), and a pretty pitiful amount of Game Boy Color games.

Pro tip Nintendo: lay off on the OG Game Boy games for a bit. It had a few really spectacular games, among a sea of mediocrity. Mario Lands, Wario Lands, Tetris, Zelda, Pokemon, all great on Game Boy, but c'mon, please move on to GBC and GBA.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the answers. That really freaking sucks because I would have spent some money on them because I never owned a reg DS but don't really have to bother with carts.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They should totally DS games to the eShop. While they're at it bring GBA games to 3DS, the decision to bring those to Wii U is just laughable.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to bring all games to 3ds eshop.. Hell even n64 games would be pretty cool since i doubt the 3ds is weaker then that system. I want more then just zelda and the few 3ds games they have on there.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I wish. I'm getting a 3DS soon and tracking down old Atlus games is a real pain.

FFFFFFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They seem like they are dragging their feet with VC stuff on the 3DS. From the selection to the high prices to not including anything from SNES/GBA. Getting around to DS games might be a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.