3DS-focused Conference Wednesday

  • 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

To those disappointed with the main Nintendo Conference, can this conference bring you back on board to them?

And to 3DS owners, what do you want to see?

---Reminder the live showcase will be at 6pm PDT at e3.nintendo.com which is in half an hour (so 2 am UK time ect...)

Since a main Discussion thread has not been set up, feel free to use this like those during and after the event.

#2 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

I want to see games.

And for the love of god, please not a redesign. Just give me games.

#3 Posted by SpanxMcFranks (90 posts) -

@BrockNRolla: I feel the same way. I just want games. I don't really care too much about any other features.

#4 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

Non-Nintendo games.

I don't give a fuck about Mario.

Give me something to play.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (19051 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

I want to see games.

And for the love of god, please not a redesign. Just give me games.

There was a rumor that a bigger 3DS might be coming, but Nintendo debunked it.

I would love to see new games and dates for existing games like Anime Crossing 3DS. Also new features for 3DS would be great as well.

#6 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

@SpanxMcFranks: @BrockNRolla: @Rolyatkcinmai:

Any Specific Games or series you want to see?

I personally want to see an Assassin's Creed game as it was mentioned at the unveiling of the 3DS but no game yet - however I don't think Ubisoft would have kept it quiet, and I don't think they would compete with their own Vita game.

#7 Posted by Fahrenheit (85 posts) -

Heres hoping for a 3DSXL!

#8 Posted by evanbower (1216 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Non-Nintendo games.

I don't give a fuck about Mario.

Give me something to play.

This... might not be the handheld for you.

#9 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

@SpanxMcFranks: @BrockNRolla: @Rolyatkcinmai:

Any Specific Games or series you want to see?

I personally want to see an Assassin's Creed game as it was mentioned at the unveiling of the 3DS but no game yet - however I don't think Ubisoft would have kept it quiet, and I don't think they would compete with their own Vita game.

I definitely want to see more Paper Mario. I've been excited about that for a while. What really has me excited though was the brief clip they showed of a new side scrolling Castlevania title. I could really get down with that. I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised by some other unique titles though. Maybe something about the Shin Megami Tensei title that was teased would be fun?

#10 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Fahrenheit said:

Heres hoping for a 3DSXL!

Stop it. I hate you.

#11 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

@SpanxMcFranks: @BrockNRolla: @Rolyatkcinmai:

Any Specific Games or series you want to see?

I personally want to see an Assassin's Creed game as it was mentioned at the unveiling of the 3DS but no game yet - however I don't think Ubisoft would have kept it quiet, and I don't think they would compete with their own Vita game.

I've owned a 3DS and a Vita since their respective launch dates and I've probably played them a combined two hours. I'm interested in anything really. The Vita AC game looks great, and I don't feel like I need another one for 3DS.

Picross 3DS would blow my fucking mind, but I think that's a slim chance.

#12 Edited by GunstarRed (5401 posts) -

It was really disappointing to hear that Luigis Mansion was so far away from release. Interested in that Castlevania game though.

#13 Posted by JackSukeru (5950 posts) -

Is there gonna be some new stuff there or just already announced stuff? Then again, anything new I would've wanted on the system from Nintendo is already announced.

I don't think they can show anything Smash Bros related yet so I guess I want to know more about that Castlevania game.

#14 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

All of them. I want to see all of the games.

Actually, all I want to see is for them to acknowledge the existence of Zero Escape as a third-party 3DS title that's worth a damn and maybe give it even the teeniest of sales boosts when it hits later this year.

Also, something Persona. But I'll settle for more on the Megami Tensei game in the spotlight right now.

And maybe a new Final Fantasy Tactics; except I'd want to see a a more direct sequel to the PS1 game and not the GBA game (yes, there's a difference).

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Professer layton and ace attorney

#16 Posted by SpanxMcFranks (90 posts) -

@Dixavd: I kind of want to be surprised by a game. I am excited for Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion etc., but something that I don't see coming would be the best. Also, I will say this every year until I get a new good one, but a 2D Metroid would always be nice.

#17 Posted by momofire (24 posts) -

Fire Emblem 3DS.

#18 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@SpanxMcFranks said:

@Dixavd: I kind of want to be surprised by a game. I am excited for Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion etc., but something that I don't see coming would be the best. Also, I will say this every year until I get a new good one, but a 2D Metroid would always be nice.

A 2D Metroid would be VERY nice.

#19 Posted by freewilly5 (64 posts) -

Depends on if they show good games.

#20 Posted by gamer812 (43 posts) -

Hopefully some news about the Professor Layton game for 3DS.

#21 Posted by Chop (2000 posts) -

I'd be happy with just some fucking dates and not the "this holiday season" bullshit.

#22 Edited by Keen314 (76 posts) -

I want to see a 3DS or Wii U F-zero.

@Chop said:

I'd be happy with just some fucking dates and not the "this holiday season" bullshit.

Also this. I can't believe we don't know when Paper Mario 3DS or Luigi's Mansion 2 or the Wii U system will be released.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (12299 posts) -
@BrockNRolla said:

@SpanxMcFranks said:

@Dixavd: I kind of want to be surprised by a game. I am excited for Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion etc., but something that I don't see coming would be the best. Also, I will say this every year until I get a new good one, but a 2D Metroid would always be nice.

A 2D Metroid would be VERY nice.

Yes, yes it would be.
 
Also, release dates for Zero Escape and the new Layton.
 
Oh, and Mother 3 released on the eShop...but that's never going to happen...
#24 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

I'd love to see VC get some love with a load of NES and SNES games being made available

#25 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

NintendoLand 3DS!

#26 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Animal Crossing. God damn, hurry up and release that game. Although considering Nintendo already have that new Mario game, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion (plus Pokemon for the regular DS), I'm guessing it won't be this year. I'd also love to see Majora's Mask done in a similar style to the Ocarina of Time remake and a new Crystal Chronicles game.

Hopefully they announce some more new stuff there too, we just badly need to see more games at this point..

#27 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Keen314 said:

I want to see a 3DS or Wii U F-zero.

@Chop said:

I'd be happy with just some fucking dates and not the "this holiday season" bullshit.

Also this. I can't believe we don't know when Paper Mario 3DS or Luigi's Mansion 2 or the Wii U system will be released.

Wasn't Luigi's Mansion pegged for February of this year originally? What the hell happened? I'm guessing that date was all rumour.

They should have announced a Pokemon RPG either for 3DS or Wii-U that's in 3D, like Skyrim, but Pokemonz. Oh god, chills.

#28 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

What I am hoping will be announced though I'm certainly not expecting it.

Localized for the US: Layton x Ace Attorney, Prof Layton Mask of Miracle, Bravely Default, and (long shot) Shin Megami Tensei IV

Newly Announced: 2D Metroid, new Star Fox, new WayForward game, new Ace Attorney, and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn sequel.

More spotlight on: Nintendo Network, Luigi's Mansion 2, Virtue's Last Reward, Theatrythm, Rhythm Thief, and Paper Mario.

What I hope isn't announced: 3DS redesign, please just no...

#29 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

I want to see confirmation of a Fire Emblem release. Beyond that, anything else is fine.

#30 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Retro's new game

But that might be one of the mystery reveals on Friday.

Other than that, a Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter localization would be great, but both seem kind of unlikely at the moment.

#31 Posted by RadixNegative2 (524 posts) -

Having missed the DS I would love to see downloadable DS games. That would really sell me on it.

If not that than there needs to be some amazing games announced to get me interested.

#32 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

Half an hour people, you ready to see what they have got to show?

#33 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I don't even own a 3DS and I want them to announce something.

#34 Posted by 49th (2818 posts) -

Want to see new games and also more about Castlevania. From what little I've seen so far it does not look very good.

#35 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I want them to "one more thing" me with Majora's Mask.

#36 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

It is now live-said to the audience it will start in 5 minutes.

#37 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

@yoshimitz707 said:

I want them to "one more thing" me with Majora's Mask.

While I would totaly be happy with that announcement - I want them to announce a zelda game people aren't expecting - like Wind Waker 3DS.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@yoshimitz707 said:

I want them to "one more thing" me with Majora's Mask.

I want that, only with Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo. Hey, as long we're talking about shit that will never happen...

#39 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I was about to go to bed but I guess I'll watch this.
 
I want something magical Nintendo, make me a believer again because I miss my red name.

#40 Edited by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

Games that I think will knock me over the edge to think Nintendo had the best announcements this E3:

  • KH remake (of the original, 2 or bringing birth by sleep to 3DS)
  • A new pokemon on 3DS (possibly Hoenn remake)
  • New Zelda (----edit---- by "New" I mean either a remake of an older one or a straight-up new game).
  • 2D Metroid
  • New Star Fox
#41 Posted by BeachThunder (12299 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

Games that I think will knock me over the edge to think Nintendo had the best announcements this E3:

  • New Zelda (----edit---- by "New" I mean either a remake of an older one or a straight-up new game).

Yep, that's the exact definition of "new" they want you to have...

#42 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

Non-specific action figure?! YEAH! lol

#43 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

@BeachThunder: lol - seriously it has been long enough and I enjoy the franchise enough that I would gladly play through an old one again.

#44 Posted by Zor (664 posts) -

This castlevania game looks cool

#45 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

@Fahrenheit said:

Heres hoping for a 3DSXL!

First there will be a 3DS lite, then 3DSi, and then finally 3DSXL.

#46 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

I want them to "one more thing" me with Majora's Mask.

I want that, only with Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo. Hey, as long we're talking about shit that will never happen...

You just need to have hope!

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

I want them to "one more thing" me with Majora's Mask.

I want that, only with Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo. Hey, as long we're talking about shit that will never happen...

You just need to have hope!

Is this the part where you throw fairy dust on me and sing a Disney-esque song about the power of hope?

#48 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

I want them to "one more thing" me with Majora's Mask.

I want that, only with Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo. Hey, as long we're talking about shit that will never happen...

You just need to have hope!

Is this the part where you throw fairy dust on me and sing a Disney-esque song about the power of hope?

Go roll around in some moon dust and I'm sure it'll be just the same.

#49 Posted by JackSukeru (5950 posts) -

Castlevania 3DS looked too much like Lords of Shadow for me to really get on board yet.

I like the Paper Mario rep. Game looks cool too.

#50 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@yoshimitz707:

Or my robes would be dirtied up and, depending on what the hell you're talking about, I might need to go to the hospital.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.