3DS-focused Conference Wednesday

• 63 results
#51 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Tell me more about these robes.

#52 Posted by Video_Game_King (35780 posts) -

@yoshimitz707:

This should cover it.
#53 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -

Return of the P-Wing Meter!

#54 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

Hoping they were going to announce some new 3DS games. Oh well...

#55 Posted by Dixavd (1289 posts) -

That didn't require another hour. There I am calling it - Nintendo is properly a disappointment this year - so much lost potential.

Hoever I will say that Paper mario looks great and the use of the stickers and the progression system was nice to see and intriguing. New Super Mario Bros. 2 looks even better with 2 player added and I like the use of Street Pass.

Not completely sure on Castlevania - that will depend on the difficulty and level design (hopefully mentioned in reviews).

And the Mickey game looks good but not fantastic.

Overall they really didn't need to split up their conference this year (they coulld have had a much better main conference detailing some of this there.

I wonder if they have some titles in the pipeline we don't know about which are still too early to show but could come out early next year - seems like a lot of this is August-Holiday season...

#56 Posted by Dixavd (1289 posts) -

IGN is reporting that Reggie announced after the Livestream stopped that Fire Emblem is coming to the US.

#57 Posted by drac96 (663 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

IGN is reporting that Reggie announced after the Livestream stopped that Fire Emblem is coming to the US.

For real!? That's awesome. I don't understand why that wouldn't make it into that presentation.

#58 Posted by Dixavd (1289 posts) -

@drac96 said:

@Dixavd said:

For real!? That's awesome. I don't understand why that wouldn't make it into that presentation.

Yeah they said that he said it on twitter (however they didn't explain if he was specifically asked about it or if he just brought it up). Yet it isn't concrete yet and IGN haven't put an article up for it or seen Reggie say it himself so it could have been overheard wrong or something.

#59 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

Castlevania 3DS looked too much like Lords of Shadow for me to really get on board yet.

I like the Paper Mario rep. Game looks cool too.

But it was a classic style side-scrolling game.. not a 3D action game. It only looked like it in the most literal sense.

#60 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

@evanbower said:

@RockmanBionics said:

Castlevania 3DS looked too much like Lords of Shadow for me to really get on board yet.

I like the Paper Mario rep. Game looks cool too.

But it was a classic style side-scrolling game.. not a 3D action game. It only looked like it in the most literal sense.

It had some presentational similarities as well.

• Ledges that you grab on to glow just like they did in LoS.
  • Whip swinging from glowy spots.
  • Small, unfunny, mischeifvous monsters.
  • Cinematic camera shifts on grab attacks, just without the quick time event thingy.
  • Mashing buttons to open chest, though that is more of a God of War thing.

But most importantly combat seemed to comprise of light area and focused heavy attacks that made me suspect that you'll spend more time with each encounter compared to what you do in either of the other types of Castlevania games, which in turn would change the pace of the game drastically.

None of these things, however minor, gave me a very positive impression of the game because they ended up reminding me a bunch of Lords of Shadow, a game that I found mediocre. That'¨s not to say I didn't think it looked bad in some of its own ways, but it helped contribute to the overall negative impression I got of it.

Still, details are scarce at this point so who knows how it will turn out in the end.

#61 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

It's cool that Fire Emblem is coming to the US, but I'm not the biggest Fire Emblem fan. Also disappointed there was no Animal Crossing 3DS news from this.

Everything else is old news. Cool to see more demos coming though.

#62 Posted by Hailinel (23659 posts) -

I just wish that Nintendo announced Fire Emblem during the actual conference. What were they waiting for?

#63 Posted by Cathryn (545 posts) -

When the heck are we going to find out about Layton vs. Ace Attorney? This was one of the very small list of things I really wanted to hear about during E3 this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.