Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

3DS not finding an access point is driving me CRAZY Help required

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ADarkMatter
    So I bought a 3DS a couple of months ago and could connect it to the internet without any problem, whenever I've searched for an internet access point it would easily find it, I had it configured so that it would connect to the internet in my home but two days ago it just stopped recognizing the wireless connection and now it won't find anything when I look for "access points", previously when I wanted to configure some connection it would show all the possible connections, but now it won't find anything, even when i'm sitting half a meter from my router, I don't know what to do, I thought the 3DS capability to find an internet connection no longer worked, but earlier today it managed to find around 5 possible conections, including mine, I managed keep it connected to my internet for about half an hour and then back to nothing, and just as before, when looking for possible connections it show no results and it just says "Could not find any access points. Change your location or confirm that the acces point is active, and try again." 

I really don't know what to do, I tried everything, messing around with the router settings and that stuff, I'm no expert on this things so I'd like to know what you guys think or if you have any recommendations for me. Thanks a lot duders. 
    Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Julmust

I'm not sure how this works, but maybe you've turned off wireless on the 3DS? There's a slider on the right I think.

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ADarkMatter
    @Jolt92: Nope, the wireless is on and everything, when I'm at the "home" main menu of the system or however you call it, I can see on the upper left corner of the upper screen that it says enabled but with no blue reception lines, only gray, but the street pass does appear fine but I haven't street passed since then though.
    mabber36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mabber36

back when the wii came out, the wifi connection sucked on my router

I fixed it by changing the wifi channel on my router, so try that

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I take it you already reset the router? Maybe try again and leave it unplugged for about 30 seconds. It usually does the trick for me.

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ADarkMatter
    @mabber36@wolf_blitzer85: already tried both of those things with no results, I even left my router unplugged all night and still nothing, I think it's a problem with the 3DS because it's not showing any connections at all. :(
    mabber36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mabber36

you are going to have to send it in to nintendo then

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Contact Nintendo's help line. They should have tips on what to do.

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ADarkMatter
    @Hailinel: Yeah, I'll try that, I hope I don't have to send it over... thatnks a lot.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

Make sure there is nothing in your house that is using a wireless connection. Also a fan can mess up a wireless connection as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.