Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

3DS SD Card Advice

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

So I'm in the market for a new SD card for my 3DS and have narrowed it down to two options:

1. A 32GB card with read/write speeds up to 45MB/s
    2. A 32GB card with read speeds of up to 80MB/s and write speeds up to 60MB/s

My question is should I go for the second option as it has the better read/write speeds or is the difference in load times and performance so minute that I should choose the first option instead.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Any card will do, 3DS games load really fast off of anything.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yea it doesn't matter really

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

I think the read/write speeds will not be relevant for the 3DS. The Virtual Console games + other download only games are all quite small. If you buy the digital versions of full retail games they're obviously a little bigger, but at any given time what it actually has to stream into and out of memory is small enough that even the 45 MB/s card should be totally fine.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@freezyfrog: I've tested out my 3ds with several classes of sd cards lying around before. The speed of the card is so small you woun't know the difference.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.