Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

3DS Speakers

skudfisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By skudfisher

I never got a DSi so I only have the DS Lite to compare them too but I find the built-in speakers on the 3DS to be far superior to my old DS ones. I am quite pleasantly surprised by the richness and amount of bass that comes out of them. I used to prefer playing games with headphones when I was home but now I like the speakers better.

But maybe that's just me! What does everyone else think? Are the DSi speakers as good?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard
    @skudfisher: I was totally surprised when the GB guys on last weeks podcast were saying the 3DS speakers were quieter than the old DS - also, is it me or do they get  a hell of a lot louder when you're playing a DS game?  

Also I think the 3DS speakers have good left/right directionality, the sound seems more surround-ish.
    Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sayishere

I cant really compare it to a DS since i never owned one, but comparing it to the PSP's speakers? 3DS are better 

the PSP speakers were horrific, i always used headphones on those.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Totally agreed. I also never owned a DSi/XL, but the speakers are so much better than the ones on the Lite or Phat. Oddly they don't make the panel vibrate, but the screen area does quite a bit(front and back). Not a big deal, but it's kinda distracting if you hold it in an unconventional way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.