Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Amazon Screws Up British 3DS Deliverys

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

I posted a few hours ago about my 3DS games arriving but my actual 3DS did not show up, I thought it was just my rotten luck but it appears that it is not! Kotaku posted an article... 

"There are some very unhappy Nintendo fans in the United Kingdom today, with mega-retailer Amazon reportedly failing to deliver 3DS consoles to many customers who paid extra for "expedited delivery". 

It's 11:30am in the UK at the time of posting, and Amazon's forums are filled to the brim with customers complaining that not only had their 3DS not arrived yet, but that they now believed it would be arriving a day late. That day later being Saturday, which for anyone opting to have the handheld delivered to a work address means they're shit out of luck. 

Making matters worse, customers are reporting that while their consoles have failed to show, games are being delivered just fine, enabling them to unwrap their new purchases and...read the manuals.

Note that, because it's not yet lunch time, there's still a chance the units will be delivered on-time. The fact so many people's orders are still listed as "dispatching soon" on the day they were supposed to have arrived, however, gives people genuine cause for concern. 

Amazon UK customer service reps have told customers that "an investigation is under way". Normally you'd simply write this off as an unfortunate accident, but when you're dealing with launch-day customers who paid extra for guaranteed speedy delivery, the word "accident" isn't one that's going to wash. 

It's unclear whether this delay affects a fraction, some, many or all of Amazon's 3DS customers."  

What do you think Amazon did wrong, and if you yourself are a 3DSless (See what I did there) Amazon customer post your rage here. I only pre-ordered it anyway cause I didn't know whether the shops would be sold out so walk into my supermarket today and what do I see, 3DS's!   

EDIT - JUST LOOKED AT MY DELIVERY ESTIMATE AND IT NOW SAYS THE 26TH OF MARCH

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hizang

I just sent a compaint to Amazon, keep sending them to get your money back!
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Akrid

I'd happily wait an extra day if it meant Amazon giving me free shit.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

Yea but still, I was so hyped for playing my 3DS..
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By 234r2we232

In my experience, Amazon.co.uk has terrible customer support. Keep throwing the complaints at them. They won't even flinch.

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FlyingRat

Wait.... You have to wait a whole day to play the 3DS?! Well... how you're still alive is beyond me.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By jasta
    @Akrid said:
    " I'd happily wait an extra day if it meant Amazon giving me free shit. "
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RE_Player1
    @FlyingRat said:
    " Wait.... You have to wait a whole day to play the 3DS?! Well... how you're still alive is beyond me. "
    lol
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Animasta

also keep in mind that americans still have to wait until sunday :P

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By alternate

Get in line for a cheap one at Tesco and return your amazon one when it comes.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hizang

I wanted the blue one..
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By ReyGitano

I don't know how Amazon handles it's business in the UK, but they're a godsend here in the states. 
    I'd forgive Amazon if my 3DS showed up a day late. They'd probably find a way to make it all right anyways.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By StarFoxA

Oh dear god... the horror... one more day?! Seriously? 

My condolences... I hope you survive this tragedy.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Bocam

Yeah so you have to wait until Saturday to play it. I ordered it from Amazon with one day shipping and have to wait until Tuesday to get it.

Shu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shu

that's why i use the free shipping =| 

i just hope i pre-order early enough to get one at all, because there might not be enough units to go around. 

and I'm pretty sure most mail carriers don't even deliver mail in the US on sundays =t

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @StarFoxA said:
    " Oh dear god... the horror... one more day?! Seriously?  My condolences... I hope you survive this tragedy. "
    In fairness, if you pay extra for shipping and they fail to deliver, it is pretty bad service. 
    They've also been claiming to be operating on a "first come, first serve" basis, but some people who've had an order for months are still ordering, where as those who put in an order a day before release got theirs a day early in some cases. 

Yes, it's pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I can perfectly understand why people are annoyed at Amazon.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By StarFoxA
    @WinterSnowblind: The thing about Amazon, though, is that they have fantastic customer service. I bet that they'll either resolve this very quickly, or provide a discount code/preorder bonus/free game/etc.
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By mnzy

Blow that extra day out of your memory by taking some heavy drugs immediately!

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fenixrevolution

That sucks for the people who paid, the upshot however, is that Amazon's customer service department is very good. At the least those customers will get a shipping refund, if not some type of gift card if they complain long enough.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hizang

I got an email from Amazon after I filed a complaint. 

"Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, due to an unexpected delay, your order didn't ship in time to be delivered on the Release Day.

I have therefore requested a refund of the shipping costs on your order to the value of 7.16 GBP. Refunds usually go through within 2-3 business days and you will see this amount credited on your next statement.

Your order will now be delivered on Mar 26th.

Please accept our sincere apology for the delay.

Thank you for your patience and understanding." 

It seems they also refunded me for the shipping of Pilotwings Resort aswell, which I suppose is extra compensation, so yeah thats pretty good. It came quite quickly too, anybody else had any luck?

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By 49th

You should never pay extra for a pre-ordered game delivery. I pre-ordered the 3DS and SSF4 with standard delivery and they both arrived on time on Friday. It might be because I am closer in London though, but whever I pre-order anything with standard delivery I get it on the release day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.