Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Ambassador!

glix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By glix

So yeah, I haven't turned on a console since the HRAP broke.   I have however, been enjoying my 3DS ambassador games.  The Balloon Trip mode of Balloon Fight is totally amazing. 

I was in the 3DS eshop today and was completely appalled.  They actually have a big button looking thing, saying in big letters 3D GAMES.  There are FOUR games available, 3 of which are 2 decade old games reprogrammed for 3d and the other is complete garbage.  Are they fucking kidding me?  4 games in 6 months??   Is there even ONE person in the company that could give me a real reason that this is case?  Not PR bullshit, but the actual decisions that led up to this?  

As the corporate culture in America breaks down further and further, is it possible that NoA has been caught up in it to?  People making nonsensical decisions and no checks and balances to make sure that the idea is quashed?  I work for a large company that is poisoned from the top down, where there is no accountability and no execs stay on for more than 3-5 years, because they are just looking to get a few big bonuses and then jump ship, and it seems that more and more companies in America are following the same model (Every decision Kotick makes is purely based on short term profits, all other ramifications be dammed) 

There is at least triple the 3D content for JPN 3DS's, which is still not great, but much better than what we are getting here in the USA. 

I'm very frustrated with Nintendo right now, YET I am drooling for Starfox tomorrow.  I wish I could quit you, Reggie. 

glix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By glix

So yeah, I haven't turned on a console since the HRAP broke.   I have however, been enjoying my 3DS ambassador games.  The Balloon Trip mode of Balloon Fight is totally amazing. 

I was in the 3DS eshop today and was completely appalled.  They actually have a big button looking thing, saying in big letters 3D GAMES.  There are FOUR games available, 3 of which are 2 decade old games reprogrammed for 3d and the other is complete garbage.  Are they fucking kidding me?  4 games in 6 months??   Is there even ONE person in the company that could give me a real reason that this is case?  Not PR bullshit, but the actual decisions that led up to this?  

As the corporate culture in America breaks down further and further, is it possible that NoA has been caught up in it to?  People making nonsensical decisions and no checks and balances to make sure that the idea is quashed?  I work for a large company that is poisoned from the top down, where there is no accountability and no execs stay on for more than 3-5 years, because they are just looking to get a few big bonuses and then jump ship, and it seems that more and more companies in America are following the same model (Every decision Kotick makes is purely based on short term profits, all other ramifications be dammed) 

There is at least triple the 3D content for JPN 3DS's, which is still not great, but much better than what we are getting here in the USA. 

I'm very frustrated with Nintendo right now, YET I am drooling for Starfox tomorrow.  I wish I could quit you, Reggie. 

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sanity

Hell, i would be happy if i could just get super metroid or something off the eshop. Why in gods name they feel the need to trickle this stuff out is beyond me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.