Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Any game suggestions for a new 3DS owner?

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Anupsis

I am getting a 3DS XL on Sunday and will be getting Kingdom Hearts. I want a second game and am torn between Resident Evil Revelations and Theatrythm. I know they are really different but was wondering which one has the better value.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JoeyRavn
    ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ckeats

Do you like Final Fantasy and it's music? If so Theatrythm is awesome. If not RE will probably be more entertaining to you.

Also, +1 for Pushmo

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jazzycola

Super Mario 3D land is the only 3DS game I have for my launch day 3DS so that?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By recroulette
    @ckeats said:

Do you like Final Fantasy and it's music? If so Theatrythm is awesome. If not RE will probably be more entertaining to you.

Also, +1 for Pushmo

Pretty much what I was going to say. If you like rhythm games in general, Theatrhythm is the better choice.
    Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Anupsis

Ya I will probably go with Theatrythm since I do enjoy the music and am kinda bored with Resident Evil. It seems more of an actual horror game but in the end I will eventually end up with both.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GunslingerPanda

They are both really good, but I think I've spent more time with Theatrhythm.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By apathylad

Colors! 3D is awesome if you like drawing. I enjoyed Kid Icarus, as well. I don't own Revelations or Theatrhythm, but I'd go with Theatrhythm.

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Atta

i wanted to ask this same question!

I'm going to get a 3ds xl as well soon and would also like to get 3 games for starters. want to vary them a little bit so I though about getting ocarina of time for some action-y stuff and picross 3d for the puzzles. the last one I'm not sure about. could you guy recommend some long and engaging game I can sink my teeth into? thought about that final fantasy tactics thing, although I'd prefer to paly through the advance one first. any ideas?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DeF

@Atta said:

I'm going to get a 3ds xl as well soon and would also like to get 3 games for starters. want to vary them a little bit so I though about getting ocarina of time for some action-y stuff and picross 3d for the puzzles. the last one I'm not sure about. could you guy recommend some long and engaging game I can sink my teeth into? thought about that final fantasy tactics thing, although I'd prefer to paly through the advance one first. any ideas?

Final Fantasy Tactics-thing? so you're including the ridiculously huge DS-library in this as well? 'Cause there is no FF Tactics on 3DS. There's only Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) and Final Fantasy Tactics A-2 (DS). The original Final Fantasy Tactics is only on PSN/PSP. If you like those tactics games, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars was the secret sleeper hit among the 3DS launch titles. The improved 3DS port of Tales of the Abyss 3D is also supposed to be pretty good. There's also SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked.

If you really also want/need DS suggestions, I think you'll get a huge list mostly with games that often aren't in print anymore. Try Radiant Historia, Ninjatown, Retro Game Challenge, The World Ends With You, etc, etc ... there are probably tons of threads with DS-game suggestions.

eShop wise, take a look if something like Mighty Switch Force (recently received free DLC), Mutant Mudds or VVVVVV (best version!) are your thing. Oh and see if you can find Crush3D for cheap (retail). That's a cool puzzle game (updated port of a PSP game)!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer
    Avatar image for divineshadow777
    DivineShadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DivineShadow777

I really enjoyed Monster Tale even though it was for the DS it was still a good game with pet elements in it. Kid Icarus is a solid buy but if you wanna venture out a little I had some fun with Spirit Camera for the 3DS.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By 49th

3D Mario Land is the best game on the system. Followed by Zelda.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Crono11

Of the 6 3DS games I own I've only opened 2: Kingdom Hearts and Theatrythm.

Theatrythm is awesome, get that.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
    JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, King Hearts, Kid Icarus.

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Atta

@DeF said:

@Atta said:

Final Fantasy Tactics-thing? so you're including the ridiculously huge DS-library in this as well? 'Cause there is no FF Tactics on 3DS. There's only Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) and Final Fantasy Tactics A-2 (DS). The original Final Fantasy Tactics is only on PSN/PSP. If you like those tactics games, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars was the secret sleeper hit among the 3DS launch titles. The improved 3DS port of Tales of the Abyss 3D is also supposed to be pretty good. There's also SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked.

If you really also want/need DS suggestions, I think you'll get a huge list mostly with games that often aren't in print anymore. Try Radiant Historia, Ninjatown, Retro Game Challenge, The World Ends With You, etc, etc ... there are probably tons of threads with DS-game suggestions.

eShop wise, take a look if something like Mighty Switch Force (recently received free DLC), Mutant Mudds or VVVVVV (best version!) are your thing. Oh and see if you can find Crush3D for cheap (retail). That's a cool puzzle game (updated port of a PSP game)!

so I get that you are way into the ds? :D

well the 3ds XL is going to be my first DS and the main reason I'm going to buy it WILL be DS games (with some 3ds titles sprinkled in ofc)

well I already checked the huge thread with ds games here on GB and got some nice ideas from that, just unsure about the tactical part, because just as jeff said, tactical games are the perfect handheld games. so I wanted something to play for hours and hours off an on. I thought there may be a gem like jeanne d'arc for the psp somewhere in the ds lineup.

anyways. thanks for the answer. I'll do some more digging on my own for now!

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By skooks

I recommend Theatrythm, it's insanely addictive. Haven't been able to put it down for a few days now. Another great rhythm game if you're into them is Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure. Aside from those, Kid Icarus is fantastic.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By lethalki11ler

I own Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land and Kingdom Hearts 3D AND I love them all

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.