Anyone else watching Nintendo's 3DS Conference?

• 158 results
#1 Edited by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -
#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5405 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

"Bravely Default: Flying Fairy" as the worst name for a game ever?

Or greatest.

#3 Edited by Giantstalker (1729 posts) -

Yeah, I've been watching. The Gundam trailer got me all hot and bothered, but then again, I'm a sucker for giant robot stuff

EDIT: Still not convinced the 3DS is going to be worthwhile anytime soon.

#4 Posted by ChrisInCali (146 posts) -

So far it's pretty sad IMO.

#5 Posted by Aegon (5843 posts) -

Will they save the best for last / How much longer will the stream be up?

#6 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Is this the biggun?

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

OMG MARIO TENNIS 3D OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

#8 Posted by Aegon (5843 posts) -

Did capcom just do a fake out?

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Still nothing announced to get me interested in one yet. Mario Tennis 3DS does almost nothing for me.

#10 Edited by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

I'm not watching it, but I heard from Kessler's Twitter feed that a Fire Emblem 3DS game got announced. Now I'm mad, because this means I have to buy a 3DS within the next year.

#11 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Hey look! A bunch of Nintendo games we already knew about!

#12 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Kotaku has a pretty decent stream too. There's even a chat box under it for some dude to lazily translate whatever he feels like.

Monster Hunter will have a beefier story mode and a whole new "G" quest. Also remember this is like Japan's Call of Duty.

And it looks kinda good too.

Now give me some mother effing Pikmin!

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (12434 posts) -

I am watching but:

a) I can't understand what they're saying...

b) but I can understand that nothing interesting has been shown...=/

#14 Posted by Aegon (5843 posts) -

Monster hunter 4 looks like it could be fun....and stuff.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Kotaku has a pretty decent stream too. There's even a chat box under it for some dude to lazily translate whatever he feels like.

Knowing Kotaku, the translation can only be of the most base, sensational quality.

I didn't have much interest in watching the stream, as I figured that a summary would be posted eventually. It's cool to hear that a new Fire Emblem is in the works, though. Hopefully NOA will see fit to release it in the states, unlike the second DS one.

#16 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

So I guess those new Metroid rumours were totally unfounded and crazy?

#17 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

Oh fuck you Capcom! When are you going to give us a proper MH on proper consoles (read: PS3 & 360)?!

#18 Posted by ChrisInCali (146 posts) -

Monster Hunter or Monster Runner: Drake's Fortune?

#19 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Monster Hunter will have a beefier story mode and a whole new "G" quest. Also remember this is like Japan's Call of Duty.

And it looks kinda good too.

Now give me some mother effing Pikmin!

Thanks for the heads up about the Kotaku chat.

#20 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1148 posts) -

Monster Hunter 4 got announced, that is a pretty big announcement.

#21 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

I love Monster Hunter but seriously put it on the ps3 or 360. Oh and seeing the same animation I've seen for the past 3 games doesn't get me excited.

#22 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1743 posts) -

WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW??

#23 Posted by Aegon (5843 posts) -

It's fun watching the viewcount drop so rapidly. HAHAHA Oh wait, are they doing an impersonation of someone with an American accent speaking in Japanese? This is HI-LARIOUS.

#24 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

I... I don't even know what I'm watching anymore... wow...

#25 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

Oh fuck you Capcom! When are you going to give us a proper MH on proper consoles (read: PS3 & 360)?!

It's always sold the best on handhelds.

@FreakAche said:

So I guess those new Metroid rumours were totally unfounded and crazy?

Unfounded, crazy rumors in the lead-up to a Nintendo press conference? How could such a thing happen? Then again, there are still people convinced that Metroid Dread is on the way, so...

#26 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I'm not into Monster Hunter and the rest of the games, for me, weren't interesting at all. Still gonna wait on my 3DS purchase, probably see what they say at E3 2012.

#27 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Did someone say Metroid Dread is on the way? I fucking knew it.

#28 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

@Hailinel: But there's only been one proper console version (the first one) and that was out before the whole MH craze even started.

#29 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

So Monster Hunter.....

#30 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

I just turned it on and had no idea what the hell I was looking at.  Someone in the chat, "Japan is so weird."  I concur.

#31 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Monster Hunter is a fun sidedish to the main quest, its not the main quest. Every game should have a monster hunter style series of side quests but its just not that interesting as the only thing going on. Cus it doesn't really build to anything, much like an MMO.

#32 Posted by GalacticPunt (1108 posts) -

Holy crap, how many Gatchaman (sic?) commercials did they make? It never ends! It's so gosh-darn wacky...

#33 Posted by Hector (3380 posts) -

Thanks for linking, watching now. Lets see what Nintendo call pull out of their sleeves!

#34 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

*follows link*

DATING SIM

*closes browser*

Just kidding, I'm totally watching this.

#35 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

That was absolutely pathetic. Going on about how HUGE of announcement this is going to be for the 3ds eh? Well, when you start with a wii game, i knew there would be problems. Only two big announced games, fire emblem and monster hunter 4? Really? Both games, that are in their own little demographic. I was thinking, perhaps a zelda 3ds game, even just majoras mask? Even a new 2d castlevania? No, we give you monster hunter. Sure...I didn't see the 3ds boat. Must have blinked and missed it

#36 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@Hailinel: But there's only been one proper console version (the first one) and that was out before the whole MH craze even started.

You're forgetting Monster Hunter Tri. But even so, the franchise only exploded in popularity after it went portable. And given Japan's thirst for Monster Hunter, it makes perfect sense that Nintendo would court Capcom to make a Monster Hunter 3DS game, even if it meant producing an analogue stick attachment for it.

And for everyone else, what did you honestly expect? This is a press conference targeted primarily towards Nintendo's Japanese audience. Of course they're going to promote the shit out of Monster Hunter. You'd be crazy and setting yourself up for disappointment to think otherwise.

#37 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Dude! I've never seen awesome Japanese people playing awesome games. It the exact same, except it's all anime girls instead of a Kinect.

It does look like I can finally marry my 3DS though.

#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@thechronodarkness said:

monster hunter 4? Really? Both games, that are in their own little demographic.

Monster Hunter 4...? Little demographic...? WHAT. This is TGS, a Japanese show, and Monster Hunter is huge over there.

#39 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Ahaha, forgot about this game.

#40 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

CHIBI LIGHTNING! :D

#41 Edited by Hector (3380 posts) -

Wow...What is this...It keeps getting worse by the minute. Theatrhythm? WTH?

#42 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

I...I just don't...

wat

#43 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

I dunno, if you still have a boner for Sudeki Da Ne, then I guess this game is for you.

So all you do is tap the bottom screen wherever you want? It's like Elite Beat Agents Lite.

Wait what was up with that Kingdom Hearts?

#44 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

@Hailinel: No I'm not. I said "proper" consoles. Anyways, the reason why MH exploded may be due to handhelds (or rather the local co-op that handhelds provide) but it doesn't mean a HD console version with proper online matchmaking wont sell well.

Then again why would Capcom want to invest time and money when they can just reuse the same models and animations since 2006 and sell them to people over and over again.

#45 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

Hey monster hunter...cool...that's what this handheld clearly needs...more monster hunter....

#46 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@Hailinel: No I'm not. I said "proper" consoles. Anyways, the reason why MH exploded may be due to handhelds (or rather the local co-op that handhelds provide) but it doesn't mean a HD console version with proper online matchmaking wont sell well.

Then again why would Capcom want to invest time and money when they can just reuse the same models and animations since 2006 and sell them to people over and over again.

My, aren't we being elitist.

@Hector said:

Wow...What is this...It keeps getting worse by the minute. Theatrhythm? WTH?

It was announced some time ago. Actually, on the same day that VidRhythm was announced.

#47 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1743 posts) -

Why is none of this Ace Attorney 5?

#48 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

That was pretty shit. Only time I got excited was when Gundam showed up, and then they ruined it by turning them all chibi.

#49 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

So is Sony also having a press conference? I'd be much more interested to see that.

#50 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I guess they're talking about how the evolution of FF over time meant eventually it would be a shitty rhythm game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.