Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Anyone ever sold a 3DS? Confused about ID's etc...

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By splodge

Hey there,

I have a 3DS XL which I want to sell. I have some boxed games, and some games I downloaded on the store.

I have been trying to find answers to the following but the information out there is all a jumble of guesswork and nonsense.

Has anyone here ever sold their 3DS and how did you do it?

I do not wish any of my personal info, credit card info etc to remain on the system. It is my understanding that I am going to lose all the games I have paid for, so I would prefer to include them in the sale so I can recoup at least some of the money.

Heres what I think I have to do :

1) Delete my nintendo network ID (this gets rid of my info?) under NNID settings.

2) Format the system to get it back to factory settings.

My understanding is that when I do both of the above, the person I sell it to will have a fresh system, and once they set up their e-shop stuff they will be able to re-download any games I have bought. IS this correct?

If I buy a 3ds at some stage in the future, will I be able to use the store as the ID will still be linked to my email? I dont really understand the nintendo way of doing things!

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I sold my XL a few months back, and it was pretty simple but I was able to transfer my account to my old school 3DS which I still owned and then format the system. I'm not sure if you'd be able to format the system and still download the software you purchased on it.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heyguys said:

I sold my XL a few months back, and it was pretty simple but I was able to transfer my account to my old school 3DS which I still owned and then format the system. I'm not sure if you'd be able to format the system and still download the software you purchased on it.

Yeah I am not getting a new one, so a system transfer is a no go. :(

Hmm it seems like if I delete the ID, then no ID can ever be set up on the 3ds again, effectively bricking it for any e-shop purchases.

Do I just completely remove any personal info I can manually? Am I ever able to set up another Nintendo ID account? All this shit is so confusing. I dont have a clue how to sell this thing without a) Forever losing access to the e-shop or b) Completely losing all money I have spent in the eshop and not being able to pass those games along with the system to someone else, unless I keep all my credit card details on it.

This shit does not make sense.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@splodge: Contact Nintendo's customer support. They can likely walk you through the process.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@splodge: Contact Nintendo's customer support. They can likely walk you through the process.

Already tried, the number the chat robot gave me is not in service. Cant find a number for europe that works either.

I think I have to just remove all info from my nintendo ID but leave it intact. Then format the system while leaving NNID intact. I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.