Bit.Trip Saga Collects Every Bit.Trip Game onto a Single Cart--And Makes 'Em 3D

• 73 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3931 posts) -

I cannot express how happy this makes me, you guys. If you haven't played any of Gaijin Games' Bit.Trip games on WiiWare--ARGH. But I can't really blame you. Even as someone who regularly boots up their Wii to play WiiWare games (they exist!), it takes some effort to do so. That said, the Bit.Trip games are phenomenal pixel adventures that treat apply the right amount of nostalgia to modern mechanics.

Aksys Games, Gaijin Games' publisher-in-crime for the Bit.Trip games, announced this afternoon the companies are collecting all six of the Bit.Trip games--Beat, Core, Void, Runner, Flux, Fate--onto a single 3DS cart called Bit.Trip Saga

Yep, 3DS, meaning those beautiful retro graphics are also grabbing a new dimension.

I WANT THIS CART RIGHT NOW. 

Right, sorry. Unfortunately, I don't know when any of us will be playing Bit.Trip Saga, as Aksys Games did not attach a release date to this extradimensional compilation, but one (mememe) hopes it's not far off.    
Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3931 posts) -

I cannot express how happy this makes me, you guys. If you haven't played any of Gaijin Games' Bit.Trip games on WiiWare--ARGH. But I can't really blame you. Even as someone who regularly boots up their Wii to play WiiWare games (they exist!), it takes some effort to do so. That said, the Bit.Trip games are phenomenal pixel adventures that treat apply the right amount of nostalgia to modern mechanics.

Aksys Games, Gaijin Games' publisher-in-crime for the Bit.Trip games, announced this afternoon the companies are collecting all six of the Bit.Trip games--Beat, Core, Void, Runner, Flux, Fate--onto a single 3DS cart called Bit.Trip Saga

Yep, 3DS, meaning those beautiful retro graphics are also grabbing a new dimension.

I WANT THIS CART RIGHT NOW. 

Right, sorry. Unfortunately, I don't know when any of us will be playing Bit.Trip Saga, as Aksys Games did not attach a release date to this extradimensional compilation, but one (mememe) hopes it's not far off.    
Staff
#2 Edited by theodacourt (523 posts) -

awesome! I want that cart too, and also immediately!

#3 Edited by buft (3315 posts) -

is there a release date?

Edit: asked and answered!
#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12423 posts) -

SOLD

#5 Posted by TheMartino (136 posts) -

Okay. Time to get a 3DS

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24263 posts) -

Bit.Trip in 3D?!

I am there.

#7 Posted by Portis (1286 posts) -

First 3DS game I'm interested in playing.

#8 Posted by Danda (76 posts) -

That's a good deal!

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -

This is a slight against the train! I will not stand for this! How dare you snatch away one of the biggest WiiWare exclusives and give it to the non-downloadable game crowd. People will die for this! Chooo Chooo!

#10 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

Hopefully this comes out soon.

#11 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

and it looks like we finally have a game that makes me want to buy a 3ds. 

#12 Posted by SolidOcelot (321 posts) -

ive played beat and flux and i cant wait for this collection, also excited to dust off the ol'3DS 

#13 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

Oh man. Yeah. I will get this just as soon as it's available. :)

#14 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Fuck yes, Day one.

#15 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

I am going to devour this. 

#16 Posted by BRG9000 (144 posts) -

Whoa. I need a 3DS.

#17 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2379 posts) -

MUST BUY NOW.

#18 Posted by virtorio (248 posts) -

Finally a decent use for 3D

#19 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Dudes, Bit.Trip is awesome.

Especially Runner.
#20 Posted by RJPelonia (855 posts) -

Uh oh. I think this means I have to buy a 3DS, you guys.

#21 Posted by steelknight2000 (437 posts) -

How can anyone NOT be aware of a Nintendo downloadable release? It's impossible.

#22 Posted by l3reak (129 posts) -

Well I already feel like my 3DS purchase was justified. Looks like I'll actually be buying a game!

#23 Edited by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

" This is a slight against the train! I will not stand for this! How dare you snatch away one of the biggest WiiWare exclusives and give it to the non-downloadable game crowd. People will die for this! Chooo Chooo! "

This was way funnier coming from Hitlerchu than it would have been otherwise.
#24 Posted by 49th (2722 posts) -

In 3D!? My eyes will probably explode.

#25 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10821 posts) -

As someone who boards the NintenDownload X-Press regularly, I do not approve of digital games making the transition to non-digital media. I know Conductor Gerstmann would not. 

#26 Posted by Jolt92 (1546 posts) -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

#27 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

What a great idea....

Perhaps the train will chug through this announcement as well!
#28 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I want this! I guess I have to wait like 2 years.
#29 Posted by c_rakestraw (843 posts) -

I've now found a reason to buy a 3DS. I need to get some cash ASAP so I can buy this on day one!

Also, as far as a release date goes, I read somewhere that Askys games said its slated for a summer release.

#30 Posted by Yzzerdd (521 posts) -

" comes to a platform you might want to play them on."
!

Oh......
#31 Posted by Dilenger93 (42 posts) -

Its kinda of funny that atm this makes me want a 3ds more than zelda or starfox; still not more than mario though ;)

#32 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

This actually sounds like a good idea to me.

#33 Posted by davedave24 (19 posts) -

YESSSSSSSSSS
#34 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" SOLD "
#35 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

Finally. A game for my 3DS

#36 Edited by NegativeCero (2988 posts) -

Cool. Don't have a Wii, but I'll probably end up with a 3DS at some point. Hopefully I won't end up breaking it immediately though because the one thing I know those games are is hard.

#37 Posted by YukoAsho (2014 posts) -

Up next - Super Meat Boy 3D.

#38 Posted by Burn1n9m4n (261 posts) -

And so completes the apotheosis of Commander Video.

#39 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@Portis said:
" First 3DS game I'm interested in playing. "
QFT. Still need some more convincing before I consider buying a 3DS though.

A hand-drawn 'Secret of Mana 3D' remake maybe.
#40 Posted by MustachedPagoda (47 posts) -

Part of me believes that the 3DS's analog stick was actually created for this game

#41 Posted by Ozone (104 posts) -

I want this. I want this bad.

#42 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -

Best thing I've heard all day.

#43 Posted by crithon (3111 posts) -

I am now MORE interested in the 3DS then before. That's a great collection

#44 Posted by DrRandle (1202 posts) -

#45 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Cool, but also sigh inducing. I hate carts.

#46 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1679 posts) -

Awesome! Will totally pick this up!

#47 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Bit.Trip Beat was fun. I don't have a Wii, so most of the series is completely unavailable to me. I guess I'm getting this!

#48 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

The Bit.Trip games in 3D would blow my mind.

Great games.
#49 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

Oh shit! I am so getting this. I've only played Bit.Trip Beat.

Coincidentally, the founder of Gaijin Games, Alex Neuse, was a guest critic for my game design class today, giving us some advice for our senior projects. He seemed like a cool dude. He also used "choice" as an adjective a lot.
#50 Posted by MEATBALL (3155 posts) -

I only ever bought Runner, but damn that game was awesome (and infuriating). Super pumped that the games are making their way to the 3DS - on a cart, no less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.