Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Can anyone recommend a good 3DS XL case?

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kerned

I recently bought a 3DS XL, and I'm really glad I did. So far I'm liking it even more than I expected to.

However, there seems to be a real lack of cases out there for it, and I was hoping that some of you guys could let me know what you are using. I found a couple on Amazon of course, but the selection is really thin. I would prefer a small hard case with room for a few games and maybe the charger, but I'm happy to hear any and all suggestions. I mostly just want to avoid having to toss it loose into my bag.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By BBAlpert

I'd normally say that a case wouldn't be necessary, since I've found Nintendo handhelds to be generally pretty sturdy. A PSP or Vita might lend itself more to having a case with their exposed screens and buttons, but the clamshell design does a decent enough job protecting the sensitive bits. But I do see the value in having a case or bag or whatever that you can use to keep your games and charger and all that together.

On a side note, I mentioned that a case isn't necessary because the screens and buttons aren't exposed, but the shoulder buttons are exceptions. And on both my DS and my DS Lite, the shoulder buttons (usually the L, first, for some reason) eventually crapped out on me. I guess what I'm saying is that I may not be the best judge of how much protection these things need ¬_¬

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By linkster7

From back in the day when I used to buy that sorta stuff, I remember Hori being the brand to get. But take that with a grain of salt, it's been a while for me.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlatantNinja23

They're not exactly cheap, but waterfield is where I go for gear pouches and cases.

The city slicker for 3DS/DSi and Vita are pretty great. As is the gear pouch pro if you need to hold more. They're not hard cases, but they're probably all the protection you need. Unless you're afraid you'll drive your car over it or something.

PDP makes some ok stuff.... you get what you pay for. I'm sure you saw those on Amazon though.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ducksworth

The one I'm currently using: http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Case-holds-Cartridges-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003QWYX8E/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1355159019&sr=8-14&keywords=DSi+XL+case

If you're in Canada, you can get it for a heck of a lot cheaper too: http://www.amazon.ca/Leather-Case-holds-Game-Cartridges/dp/B003QWYX8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355159840&sr=8-1

It's a case for a DSi XL but the two consoles are conveniently almost exactly the same size. It only holds 3 games + the one in the handheld itself so that might be seen as a negative and there's no room for the charger either but it's well padded and a nice snug fit. Action shot:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.