Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Capcom Planning Resident Evil: Revelations Demo for 3DS eShop

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Capcom's Christian Svensson has revealed that Capcom are in talks with Nintendo to try and get out a demo for Resident Evil: Revelations, when the 3DS's demo service launches in November with the next firmware update.

But apparently, there's a problem:

“We’re in talks with Nintendo about that and I agree, I think that would help sales a lot. For that to happen we need to get permission to use a larger filesize than demos currently are allowed.”

- Christian Svensson

WTF indeed, you'd think there would be no such hurdles to this, and the fact this suggest there are, won't give fans much hope of Nintendo getting things right with this handheld.

Capcom's Vice President also revealed elsewhere that there are no plans to update Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D, in order to allow for the Circle-Pad add-on. We also now learn that Resident Evil Revelations will arrive on a 4GB cart, the first cart of this size Nintendo has allowed a developer to use. The maximum capacity 3DS can support is 8GB, but to date Nintendo has only issued 2GB carts.

After Capcom's complete balls-up of Megaman Legends 3, and it's equally highly anticipated Prototype Demo, fans will want something good from both companies in regards to 3DS content.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Marzy

Having demos will now be great, but it's a shame to hear file size limitations are already affecting it. At the moment, Nintendo need to concentrate on making sure they still mean serious business. They are taking good steps in the right direction, but then they always end up taking one step back, due to something like this.

I really hope they can sort something out, since I'm not s big fan of Resident Evil games and I'd like to at least try this. This one looks pretty interesting, I like the idea of being on a creepy looking ship.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Contro

The rest of the firmware update looks very positive, I just hope this whole demo thing rolls out on par. With this and a demo for Super Mario 3D Land, there would be no better way to launch the service.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Arker101

@Contro said:

, there would be no better way to launch the service.

Yeah, it'd be great if they could they could get that Megaman Legends 3 demo up as well.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contro

@Arker101 said:

@Contro said:

, there would be no better way to launch the service.

Yeah, it'd be great if they could they could get that Megaman Legends 3 demo up as well.

There's a thread on Capcom Unity asking if there's absolutely anything fans can do to get the game back in production, or at the very least, give us that prototype demo...

Christian Svensson's replies haven't given us any hope of the happening.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.