Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Do you think Nintendo will improve 3D with hardware revisions?

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By triple07

So I was thinking about this earlier for some reason and I figured I'd see what you guys think about it. I was thinking that from some of the early coverage of the 3DS some people like the 3D but I'm hearing a lot of things like the viewing angle to get 3D right is narrow, it can cause eye strain, and other problems. So this got me thinking, since Nintendo is pretty early in the glasses-free 3D tech (and current 3D in general) there is probably a lot of room for improvement which leaves me to question if the next 3DS revision might sport some of the improved tech or would it be too late to implement new 3D tech as the games wouldn't support it?  

Of course this is all super speculative as this is all dependent on how technology evolves and would be a few years down the line. Still, put on your Nostradamus hats and prophecize  with me!

nintendonick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nintendonick

I think that they could put improved tech in a future revision as long as it is the same resolution and such. I could totally see the 3DS Lite(or whatever it is going to be called) having better viewing angles . That's about as much as they can do though.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

Sure. I could see things like the view angle increasing and the screen getting brighter or update faster. Will they include an extra slider for convergence? Nope. Though perhaps games will start letting you select convergence or Nintendo will force a standard like they should have to begin with.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sayishere

Yea i can see it happening, but i dont think it will be for a while yet, i can see them improving it  aestheticallyand improving battery life

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.