Fantasy Life is set in the world of Fantazeal, a place which it's inhabitants refer to as Mars, a place which has been "marked by the moon". A long time ago a prophet once warned that the destruction of the world would come when a shadow comes to pass over Mars. The first signs of the prophesied destruction become apparent, but the people of the Fantazeal continue to lead their free, peaceful lives, blissfully unaware of the danger that lies ahead...
- Cooperative mode where two friends can join your world
- This is through local wireless play
- Work together to defeat monsters
- Pick apples together
- Defeat giant monsters and return the spoils to the life guild
- Adds townsfolk when you StreetPass another player
- See another avatar in your town and can talk to them
- Port Porto is whee a royal family lives
- They are inside a red roofed palace
- Visit the town at night and you’ll see a noble woman with a pirate on the beach
- Port Porto also has a pirate area and homes with windmills
You start the game off by creating your own avatar, going through a character create process which lets you set name, gender, physical appearance, and "Life," the latter being the game's name for your in-game job. Your choice of one of the game's 20 life's affects how the game plays out for you. Each type of life requires that players undertake certain so-called "Life Quests," which are quests that must be cleared daily. Once you've progressed through the game as one of these life's, you'll end up seeing what Level-5 refers to as a "small ending." The composer Nobuo Uematsu created the "Life Songs" which serve as ending themes for each of the life's. Together with the main theme, also from Uematsu, the game includes 21 vocal songs.
Out December 2012 in Japan