Fantasy Life - New Details

#1 Edited by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Fantasy Life

Fantasy Life is set in the world of Fantazeal, a place which it's inhabitants refer to as Mars, a place which has been "marked by the moon". A long time ago a prophet once warned that the destruction of the world would come when a shadow comes to pass over Mars. The first signs of the prophesied destruction become apparent, but the people of the Fantazeal continue to lead their free, peaceful lives, blissfully unaware of the danger that lies ahead...

Level-5 Inc have revealed details on co'op features available for Fantasy Life on 3DS, via the latest issue of Famitsu Magazine:

• Cooperative mode where two friends can join your world
  • This is through local wireless play
  • Work together to defeat monsters
  • Pick apples together
  • Defeat giant monsters and return the spoils to the life guild
  • Adds townsfolk when you StreetPass another player
  • See another avatar in your town and can talk to them
  • Port Porto is whee a royal family lives
  • They are inside a red roofed palace
  • Visit the town at night and you’ll see a noble woman with a pirate on the beach
  • Port Porto also has a pirate area and homes with windmills
You start the game off by creating your own avatar, going through a character create process which lets you set name, gender, physical appearance, and "Life," the latter being the game's name for your in-game job. Your choice of one of the game's 20 life's affects how the game plays out for you. Each type of life requires that players undertake certain so-called "Life Quests," which are quests that must be cleared daily. Once you've progressed through the game as one of these life's, you'll end up seeing what Level-5 refers to as a "small ending." The composer Nobuo Uematsu created the "Life Songs" which serve as ending themes for each of the life's. Together with the main theme, also from Uematsu, the game includes 21 vocal songs.

Out December 2012 in Japan

#2 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

I gotta say, it's a shame Animal Crossing; JO is getting all the attention, and not this equally.

#3 Posted by AsperGamer (161 posts) -

This game is sounding amazing. I love the art and can't wait for its release.

#4 Edited by AndrewB (7492 posts) -
Your choice of one of the game's 20 life's affects how the game plays out for you.

Only 20 job types in Fantazeal? Man, wonder how their unemployment numbers are...

Each type of life requires that players undertake certain so-called "Life Quests," which are quests that must be cleared daily. Once you've progressed through the game as one of these life's, you'll end up seeing what Level-5 refers to as a "small ending."

Just like real life...

Man, this game is looking good. I can see it taking up the game cart slot in my 3DS for awhile.

#5 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@AsperGamer said:

This game is sounding amazing. I love the art and can't wait for its release.

It's very charming, typical Brownie Brown fare, but amazingly from FF legend Yoshitaka Amano.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.