Game Boy Advance 3DS Ambassador Lineup Mostly Revealed

• 142 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3469 posts) -
Minish Cap is one of those GBA games that just never made it into my GBA or DS. Can't wait!

Nintendo promised early adopters of 3DS a suite of NES and Game Boy Advance titles by the end of the year, and the clock is ticking on the second wave. Naturally, I still haven't played Zelda II.

Those games are definitely coming, though. Both Japanese and European 3DS owners are reporting having received SpotPass notifications about the games being delivered on Friday.

Each territory is passing along the same game lineup, too:

It’s expected a similar notification will arrive on American 3DS machines, but that hasn’t happened as of this writing. Please, please let The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap be on there--I’ve never played it!

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3469 posts) -
Minish Cap is one of those GBA games that just never made it into my GBA or DS. Can't wait!

Nintendo promised early adopters of 3DS a suite of NES and Game Boy Advance titles by the end of the year, and the clock is ticking on the second wave. Naturally, I still haven't played Zelda II.

Those games are definitely coming, though. Both Japanese and European 3DS owners are reporting having received SpotPass notifications about the games being delivered on Friday.

Each territory is passing along the same game lineup, too:

It’s expected a similar notification will arrive on American 3DS machines, but that hasn’t happened as of this writing. Please, please let The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap be on there--I’ve never played it!

Staff
#2 Edited by whylessness (77 posts) -
#3 Posted by Boiglenoight (529 posts) -

Some good stuff here. Not bad Nintendo.

#4 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

Wow. Those are some really good games. Very surprised. Pleasantly so.

#5 Posted by CyleMoore (492 posts) -

I love you Nintendo.

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

When are they going to properly sell GBA games? I bought a 3DS this week and would love to buy the GBA Fire Emblem games.

#7 Posted by sl1ppyfist (77 posts) -

I hope we don't have to wait until Christmas

#8 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

awww for some reason i thought Super Mario Bros. 3: Super Mario Advance 4 was on that list.... guess i missed read that a couple months ago.... great list of games though

#9 Posted by UltorOscariot (171 posts) -

Considering how weak I thought half of the NES games were, I'm actually a little impressed Nintendo didn't give us another half-assed selection of GBA titles.

#10 Posted by ChasingTheSun (71 posts) -

Metroid Fusion? Minish Cap? Aweeeee yeah!

#11 Posted by Donkey_Kong (109 posts) -

I logged many hours into Wario Land 3 as a kid, but that's the only one i've ever played. Can't wait to check out 4. These are great choices by Ninty.

#12 Posted by Abendlaender (2759 posts) -

Awesome choices Ninty

#13 Posted by Linkster7 (1011 posts) -

That are some awesome games. Excuse to play through Minish Cap, yes please.

#14 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Pretty pumped. My 3DS is going to get tons of action when I go home for the holidays!

#15 Posted by Seb (358 posts) -

Minish Cap is amazing. Ezlo!!

#16 Posted by ohthejawsoflife (59 posts) -

So stoked about fire emblem even though i own a copy

#17 Posted by DumlaoX (21 posts) -

Excellent selection of games here. Can't wait to play some Metroid Fusion again on my 3DS.

#18 Posted by Soulblitz (349 posts) -

Minish Cap is LEGIT

#19 Posted by Sparklykiss (1947 posts) -

Oh gosh, please let me have these. I am super duper stoked about this. :D

#20 Posted by fatwreck (45 posts) -

This is an extremely generous offering from nintendo. Little bit of everything, no chuff. This along with the 10 free NES games more than makes up for them.

#21 Posted by MisterMouse (3540 posts) -

man I like kirby nightmare in dreamland a bit better but not a bad list.

#22 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Hats off to Nintendo for offering some absolutely classic games as pittance for the 3DS pricing snafu. Especially when you see the dreck Microsoft and Sony offered their customers after shitting the bed when XBOX Live and PSN were down.

#23 Posted by drevilbones (89 posts) -

This list is fantastic and reminds me that the GBA was a great system with some great games. I can't wait for these!

#24 Posted by Applederp (116 posts) -

None of these are Advance Wars or the first Golden Sun, so zero fucks are given.

#25 Posted by blurienh (119 posts) -

Original wario ware is still the best

#26 Posted by Shaanyboi (1268 posts) -

Minish Cap is highly underrated. That game was pretty fucking cool..

#27 Posted by RecSpec (3763 posts) -

Advance Wars was the reason I bought a GBA, hopefully it will make it to the VC eventually.

#28 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

How about Mother 3?

#29 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

That list...actually comprises some amazing games.

Huh.

Metroid Fusion is probably my favourite handheld game of all time, along with the original Advance Wars.

#30 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1867 posts) -

whohoo, 7 out of the 10 here I'm super stoked for. i just hope these are all for the US audience as well.

#31 Posted by Bevinsky (177 posts) -

Minish Cap is one of my favorite Zelda games ever. It's a shame they didn't give the Wind Waker universe the same treatment on the DS. Didn't like the DS games at all.

#32 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1669 posts) -

Nice list! I've never played Minish Cap either, so hopefully NA gets it too.

#33 Posted by Hef (1097 posts) -

Those are way better games than the first batch. I am going to play every single one of those.

#34 Posted by Vandersveldt (80 posts) -

@UltorOscariot: They said we will never be able to purchase GBA games on the 3DS. Therefor, no reason not to just give us the good ones :) They couldn't give us the best NES game because they plan on selling those down the road.

#35 Posted by Y2Ken (1069 posts) -

No Advance Wars? Bummer. Still a pretty good list though.

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (35991 posts) -

Which Zelda games have you played, Patrick? (Skyward Sword and Zelda II don't count; we know about those.)

#37 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

That's a surprisingly deadly line up. Stuff like that makes me have zero regrets for getting this thing in launch day.
I'm most excited about Minish cap as, not even a week ago I was scanning around eBay for a copy.

#38 Posted by Wright (637 posts) -

I remember playing the hell out of Fire emblem, great game!

#39 Edited by jasondesante (601 posts) -

yea and I bet the GBA zelda is gonna be the one patrick actually attempts to play.

#40 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

These are all fantastic games. Hopefully they'll be available for download soon!

#41 Posted by Jolt92 (1542 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: Yeah, seriously. Didn't even bother getting the free stuff.

#42 Posted by Krystal_Sackful (808 posts) -

@TeflonBilly:

Wipeout HD is NOT dreck.

#43 Posted by durden77 (302 posts) -

Hell yes I never got to play Minish Cap! So many games on this list I'm so happy to have. Metroid Fusion is one of the best games I've ever played, let alone on the GBA.

#44 Posted by Dopey2400 (72 posts) -

Not a bad list. The Golden Sun Games would have been a nice addition. How about Metroid: Zero Mission. That game was really good!

#45 Posted by CitizenJP (1005 posts) -

Hurry up already with it Nintendo! I wanna play Metroid Fusion and Wario Land 4 again :(

#46 Posted by TheAsianInvasion (13 posts) -

Minish Cap is still my all time favorite GBA game, spent dozens of hours getting all hearts.

#47 Posted by bartok (2420 posts) -

Minish Cap was pretty fun though I would gladly trade Mario Kart or Fire Emblem for Mario and Luigi.

#48 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

@Vandersveldt said:

@UltorOscariot: They said we will never be able to purchase GBA games on the 3DS. Therefor, no reason not to just give us the good ones :) They couldn't give us the best NES game because they plan on selling those down the road.

They said they don't PLAN to release GBA games on VC. They actually never said "never".

#49 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

Yoshi's island, what a piece of shit.

#50 Edited by Haziqonfire (227 posts) -

Too many games to play ... I feel overwhelmed!

I can never complain I have nothing to play on my 3DS now. Never.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.