Game recommendations?

#1 Posted by IIChristian89II (243 posts) -

So i crumbled and finally got myself a 3DS! Im pretty excited as its arriving tomorrow.

Im sure this has been asked before but please just humor me!

What games would you duders recommend i get? Im really not sure whats actually out there for this handheld at present.

My 3DS is bundled with Super mario 3d land so there's that and i still have a copy of Pokemon white around somewhere too.

#2 Posted by Nightriff (4990 posts) -

If you have never played Ocarina of Time pick that up, if you have it isn't necessary.....those are the only 3ds games I have. Mario Kart is Mario Kart, Kid Icarius Controls looked fucked, Theatrythum(?) looks interesting, check out the quick look, but that is about it in my opinion, still waiting for a couple big games to emerge.

#3 Posted by AsperGamer (161 posts) -

Try Kingdom Hearts if you are into that - high quality stuff. Mario Kart is great. The two Mario games if you like them. Zelda if you haven't played it, StarFox as well. Streetfighter is excellent. Both Resident Evil games are great if you dig the franchise and Revelations is better - get the Circle Pad Pro add on. Theartrythym is also great if you like music games. Tales of the Abyss and the Shin Megami game if you like JRPG.

Really deprnds what you like - as always.

#4 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2361 posts) -

Star Fox and Ocarina if you're into remakes. Mario Kart has pretty good online (and the people playing are REALLY bad.)

Oh, and don't buy Super Street Fighter 4 on the 3DS. It's a really shitty port. 

#5 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2451 posts) -

Kid Icarus is amazing and hilarious. Definitely get that.

#6 Posted by MajorMitch (511 posts) -

I can't recommend Pushmo enough (it's an eShop game). I also really like Theatrhythm, but you do need some appreciation for quirky rhythm games and/or Final Fantasy music.

#7 Posted by aznjon12 (188 posts) -
#8 Posted by MAGZine (437 posts) -

New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon if you're into that, SM3DL, Lego Batman if you haven't played it. Professor Layton games are all good if you have no played them.

#9 Edited by wchigo (544 posts) -

Off the top of my head, the games that I currently own for the 3DS are:

Super Mario 3D Land: Highly recommended! (You said you already have it, so make sure you play it!)

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition: Meh. It's okay but after getting used to an arcade stick...

Tales of the Abyss: Really liked it on PS2. I didn't finish it and this one doesn't have the slowdown issue. Recommended if you like JRPGs.

New Super Mario Bros. 2: Haven't started it, but for what I hear it's not as good as 3D Land.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: As a huge fan of FF games, this was highly enjoyable. If you had a DS and liked Elite Beat Agents (similar, but not as taxing) and FF games, you should enjoy this one.

Ocarina of Time 3D: Loved the original, one of my all-time favourites, was a no-brainer.

I'm also really looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei 4 (never played an SMT game before, but I love Persona 3 & 4), Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5) and I really hope they release the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney crossover game over here...

@MajorMitch said:

I can't recommend Pushmo enough (it's an eShop game).

YES! THIS! I can't believe I forgot Pushmo in my initial list. Great game for a low price, should not be missed.

#10 Posted by IIChristian89II (243 posts) -

I didnt even realize they re made ocarina of time...im going out and buying it today haha also starfox!

Iv been watching video reviews of pushmo and it looks pretty fun!

Ill probably pick up Zelda,Starfox, more Mario games, then get kid icarus and maybe shin megami down the line :)

Thanks guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.